Thizzler.com Bay Area Freshman Top 10 list being released today at 5pm

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

erry

Sicc OG
Jun 8, 2010
Any predictions? i have a feeling this list will be full of shit. It seems like the "tastemakers" only choose their own friends or people they have an invested interest in. Lets see how it turns out.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
funny part is, this list means nothing. Its not a kmel sponsored thing. It doesnt get anyone radio play. Its a popularity contest that really doesnt mean much. Cause not to sound like a hater but nobody sells records anymore so what does this mean? XXL freshman at least you exist..... only bay people vote on that contest and so you have the continued circle of being stuck in the bay....

You want to make an impact? Fuck a contest go make a hit record!

May 8, 2011
funny part is, this list means nothing. Its not a kmel sponsored thing. It doesnt get anyone radio play. Its a popularity contest that really doesnt mean much. Cause not to sound like a hater but nobody sells records anymore so what does this mean? XXL freshman at least you exist..... only bay people vote on that contest and so you have the continued circle of being stuck in the bay....

You want to make an impact? Fuck a contest go make a hit record!
We sold 900 danked outs already, and youre right it doesnt matter but every little thing helps

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
We sold 900 danked outs already, and youre right it doesnt matter but every little thing helps
900 is a cool number..... Remember thats not soundscan, and im gonna assume you got $5 per unit.... even though we both know somebody got 1 for 3 or 4 a pop... but 900x5 is 4500 total gross in earnings.... That wouldnt pay half of my cost of living for a month.... and how long did it take to sell 900? a month? a week? 2 months? do you see what im getting at here? Thats not exactly quality living. and of that 4500 you had to press those 1000 cd's so that was 700 off that 4500.... studio time graphics etc etc... So you are rapping to recoup basically.... I mean what was the artist royalty? how much to the company PROFIT off those 900 cd sells? Lets talk numbers here.....

Im hella not trying to be or sound like a hater. its just basic math and you presented it so i broke it down....

May 8, 2011
900 is a cool number..... Remember thats not soundscan, and im gonna assume you got $5 per unit.... even though we both know somebody got 1 for 3 or 4 a pop... but 900x5 is 4500 total gross in earnings.... That wouldnt pay half of my cost of living for a month.... and how long did it take to sell 900? a month? a week? 2 months? do you see what im getting at here? Thats not exactly quality living. and of that 4500 you had to press those 1000 cd's so that was 700 off that 4500.... studio time graphics etc etc... So you are rapping to recoup basically.... I mean what was the artist royalty? how much to the company PROFIT off those 900 cd sells? Lets talk numbers here.....

Im hella not trying to be or sound like a hater. its just basic math and you presented it so i broke it down....
It dont pay mine either champ trust but you gotta start somewhere. You think I aint eatin decent off rakas shows and all that shit? We just startin bro I wasnt challenging you I was just sayin 900 for a realitively unkown independent is a good start. Havent sold one for less than 5 sold 300 for ten ourselves moved 400 thru city hall at 4.50 and 200 online so youknow how that works, and I been doing decent on the tours we been doing since you broke it down.