The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
The Mass Effect series offers plenty of content and it is never the same thing twice. If you like sci fi go for it. And anyone who has beaten the series in 20 hours or even one game missed out on three times that much on side content.

This.

The mass Effect games have a more focused narrative than something like Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
I guess you can beat Mass Effect in 20 hours if you focus ONLY on the main quest and do absolutely nothing else. But there are tons of side missions to do and character backgrounds to explore.

Like STICK said, it focuses much more on the story so don't expect to explore places like you can in Fallout. But the story is really good so that's not a problem. Do the side missions, do the unique character missions, talk to everyone to hear all the dialogue and you'll spend a good amount of time with the series.

And I know you're on PS3 so get the Mass Effect Trilogy which has all 3 games. I think that's the only way to get ME1 on PS3. I never played the first game and feel like I missed out on a lot so make sure to play it.

EDIT: Actually, I think you can download ME1 from PSN so it may be cheaper to get it there and the other 2 games used.

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I guess you can beat Mass Effect in 20 hours if you focus ONLY on the main quest and do absolutely nothing else. But there are tons of side missions to do and character backgrounds to explore.

Like STICK said, it focuses much more on the story so don't expect to explore places like you can in Fallout. But the story is really good so that's not a problem. Do the side missions, do the unique character missions, talk to everyone to hear all the dialogue and you'll spend a good amount of time with the series.

And I know you're on PS3 so get the Mass Effect Trilogy which has all 3 games. I think that's the only way to get ME1 on PS3. I never played the first game and feel like I missed out on a lot so make sure to play it.

EDIT: Actually, I think you can download ME1 from PSN so it may be cheaper to get it there and the other 2 games used.
Ill think about it but i dunno. Mass effect looks like a bootleg knights of the old republic. I like to grind a little too and it looks pretty easy. Everytime i hear story driven i kind of cringe lol... Reminds me of uncharted which was way easy and cutscene oriented

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Maybe i should just get oblivion and play that lol. Its old but whatever, graphics arent everything. Morrowind was dope but never played oblivion
You play on PC? Mod the shit out of Oblivion if you do. It's pretty dated (graphics and gameplay wise) so you might wanna change it up unless you wanna experience the original game.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Ill think about it but i dunno. Mass effect looks like a bootleg knights of the old republic. I like to grind a little too and it looks pretty easy. Everytime i hear story driven i kind of cringe lol... Reminds me of uncharted which was way easy and cutscene oriented
Ita not like kotor and the grinding comes in the forum of doing sidequest and other things. It helps you level up. I play all my games on the hardest difficulty and the series was way harder than the uncharted series. The only complaints I had about the first were mako controls and the elevators and load times. The second was perfect.

The third was like the second but added a few new things. There are a ton of cutscenes but you have control of them and what actually happens.

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Ita not like kotor and the grinding comes in the forum of doing sidequest and other things. It helps you level up. I play all my games on the hardest diffihardefculty and the series was way harder than the uncharted series. The only complaints I had about the first were mako controls and the elevators and load times. The second was perfect
The third was like the second but added a few new things. There are a ton of cutscenes but you have control of them and what actually happens.
Alright you sold me. Ill check out the series starting with 1 working my way up

Jun 24, 2005
Ita not like kotor and the grinding comes in the forum of doing sidequest and other things. It helps you level up. I play all my games on the hardest difficulty and the series was way harder than the uncharted series. The only complaints I had about the first were mako controls and the elevators and load times. The second was perfect.

The Mako has fans of the first Mass Effect game split. I loved the Mako. It was a little wonky at times, but if you handled it right, you could drive up a hill at an 85 degree angle lmao.

Also, the elevators in Mass Effect >>>>>>> generic loading screens in ME2. BioWare creatively masked the loading times in ME , and people didn't like it, so we got those boring 'ship diagnostic' loading screens in ME2.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
The Mako has fans of the first Mass Effect game split. I loved the Mako. It was a little wonky at times, but if you handled it right, you could drive up a hill at an 85 degree angle lmao.

Also, the elevators in Mass Effect >>>>>>> generic loading screens in ME2. BioWare creatively masked the loading times in ME , and people didn't like it, so we got those boring 'ship diagnostic' loading screens in ME2.
LMAO@85 degree angle. You really can but like you said you need the handles. The elevator rides were long but they also shed light on some of the back story or gave a different spin on what you did, but the length is what turned most of us off. The ship diagnostic screen in ME2 served no purpose. But still, a great series overall.

Also, BUTCHER 206 @BUTCHER 206 look into Deus Ex Human Revolution.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I said fuck it and bought skyrim legendary edition. Ive already beat skyrim that i borrowed a long time ago but it hasnt gotten old to me and i wanted to replay so why not buy it plus the dlc lol.

The hearthfire house building addon is fuckin dope. I spent my first 10 hours or so just building a sprawling mansion. Havent even touched the dawnguard or dragonborn dlc yet.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Really enjoying the skyrim dragonborn DLC. The enemies were kicking my ass at level 21 on expert, i had to drop it to regular difficulty till i get higher enchanting and smithing. The hearthfire dlc is pretty dope house wise but the adopted children thing is weird. I adopted some street rat begger girl who guilt tripped me now i feel obligated to find treats and dresses for her as gifts. When i come back to the mansion after being gone for several in game days the kid stares at me and makes me feel like a terrible parent lol. A fuckin giant spawned outside my house and almost killed my damn housecarl and kid too lmao. I got to enchant them some overpowered gear when my skills catch up.

All in all skyrim legendary edition is worth the buy and you could spend years trying to build up 6 homes and fill them with gear and shit, which is one of my fave things to do

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I have Mass Effect 2 and 3 on PS3 and never played either one. Speaking of old games, I just started Uncharted 2 last week and it might be the best game I've ever played.