the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 27, 2005
just on other forums...

edit:apparently Canzano is reporting it...I have a hard time believing the deal as reported. We all know Canzano is bullshit. Travis is a 6th man candidate, and the 3rd leading scorer on the team. That seems like shit value for a 6th man and a huge expiring which is 80% covered by insurance.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
PHOENIX -- Greg Oden missed the rookie challenge at All-Star weekend on Friday night because of a sore left knee.

The Portland center was hurt Thursday night when he bumped knees with Golden State's Corey Maggette in the fourth quarter of the Trail Blazers' 105-98 loss to Golden State.

Though he was the No. 1 pick in 2007, Oden was to be playing with the rookies Friday night against the second-year players from his draft class because he missed all of last season after knee surgery.

im glad he aint playing, doesnt need to play in three straight games. he gets some rest now

Jun 27, 2005
Take it for what its worth, but a poster on realgm who claims to have sources with the Blazers organization has said the Blazers are in serious heated trade discussions with Detroit. No names or particulars were mentioned but he described it as a "huge blockbuster." Like I said, its just a poster who claims to have sources from a message board, but there have been about 3 or 4 posters on the Blazer board at realgm who have had confirmed sources before. So who knows. If this is legit, according to him it will be completed after the All Star break.

Jun 27, 2005
^^rasheed comin back to portland?
I doubt that could be considered a "huge blockbuster." His age makes him a short term solution rather than a long term solution too so I doubt that would be a possibility. The only thing I would think it could mean is Prince, but like I said, the source of the rumor might be a person or more likely its just some guy on the internet making shit up. its fun to speculate though.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Yo real talk....I know yall think Im talkin shit, but man I think yall made anotha mistake mane!! Durant is a beast!! Just think Roy, Durant, & LMA together!! Im not saying its Bowie over Jordan again, but man its goin down a path similar but not to the extrame becuase Durant wont be no Jordan and Oden wont be as bad as Bowie but still!! I think yall made a mistake on that draft day!! Oh well whats done is done!! But man this wouldve been nice

PG: Whoever
SG: B. Roy
SF: K. Durant
PF: LMA
C: Pryz

Now that wouldve been a tru big "3"!!! Got Em!!

Sep 18, 2002
I doubt that could be considered a "huge blockbuster." His age makes him a short term solution rather than a long term solution too so I doubt that would be a possibility. The only thing I would think it could mean is Prince, but like I said, the source of the rumor might be a person or more likely its just some guy on the internet making shit up. its fun to speculate though.
if sheed was one of a few players leaving detroit, it could be a huge blockbuster...i think they are going to move him because he is in the final year of his contract. but ive been reading that he wants to play in San antonio.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Yo real talk....I know yall think Im talkin shit, but man I think yall made anotha mistake mane!! Durant is a beast!! Just think Roy, Durant, & LMA together!! Im not saying its Bowie over Jordan again, but man its goin down a path similar but not to the extrame becuase Durant wont be no Jordan and Oden wont be as bad as Bowie but still!! I think yall made a mistake on that draft day!! Oh well whats done is done!! But man this wouldve been nice

u know czar most people will agree wit you on this one but as a blazer fan i highly disagree. no disrespect to durant cuz he really is an incredible player, and being 6'10 shootin like that is just dope. sure, maybe with that line up we can outscore ANY team but phx proved us that it wont work in the playoffs. im very up n down about oden because sometimes i see flashes of greatness then i see a very horrible oden but u gotta keep in mind he didnt play for 16 months and coming from a very serious knee injury. Hes also playing one of the hardest positions in the NBA. Im trying not to be biast with this. oden does all the things that dont fill the stat sheet. his D, his presence in the paint alone will effect players to not to get to the hole even though he is known to foul. last year we were around the last in the league for rebounding and this year because of greg, we are one of the best including offensive rebounds. as i said before, no knock on durant cuz hes gonna be one of the best scorers in the league soon but defense win games. in every draft you can always find a scorer but a player that makes an impact like oden does for our team is hard to find.

and for ur info i am actually very hard on oden most of the time since him being #1 pick but imma be patient.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
durant did light up the rookie soph game though. i was amazed to see him shoot like 4 3's in a row just back to back to back to back.

also im hearin that oden has a chip fracture of the left patella on his knee but im also hearin its just a bruise.. can anyone confirm?? could be 8-12 weeks?? or day to day....

Jun 27, 2005

Oden was the right choice. I have a feeling Durant will be a guy who puts up crazy numbers on bad teams for the majority of his career. Oden already has more career wins than Durant and Durant had a full year head start! Got Em! Yall gotta remember he's comin off microfracture surgery and no player plays up to their ability the year after a micro surgery.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
u know czar most people will agree wit you on this one but as a blazer fan i highly disagree. no disrespect to durant cuz he really is an incredible player, and being 6'10 shootin like that is just dope. sure, maybe with that line up we can outscore ANY team but phx proved us that it wont work in the playoffs. im very up n down about oden because sometimes i see flashes of greatness then i see a very horrible oden but u gotta keep in mind he didnt play for 16 months and coming from a very serious knee injury. Hes also playing one of the hardest positions in the NBA. Im trying not to be biast with this. oden does all the things that dont fill the stat sheet. his D, his presence in the paint alone will effect players to not to get to the hole even though he is known to foul. last year we were around the last in the league for rebounding and this year because of greg, we are one of the best including offensive rebounds. as i said before, no knock on durant cuz hes gonna be one of the best scorers in the league soon but defense win games. in every draft you can always find a scorer but a player that makes an impact like oden does for our team is hard to find.

and for ur info i am actually very hard on oden most of the time since him being #1 pick but imma be patient.
I can respect that!! U already know u my fav blazer fan anyway!! haha! Time will tell mane real talk!! Plus it seems Oden is gonna be injury prone also! Durant is a beast though and seems like he shouldnt have been passed up!! But I do hear ya about the center position! So if Oden can pan out then Im witcha but he's far from that, but like u say be patient and well soon see!! Got Em!!

Oden was the right choice. I have a feeling Durant will be a guy who puts up crazy numbers on bad teams for the majority of his career. Oden already has more career wins than Durant and Durant had a full year head start! Got Em! Yall gotta remember he's comin off microfracture surgery and no player plays up to their ability the year after a micro surgery.
Comw mannish ofcourse he has more career wins! Shit Bayless has more career wins than Durant! Whats your point?? Thats not a good example to bring up in arguing in favor of picking Oden over Durant!! Oden has better players around him and yall have a good team, while Oklahoma is like an expansion team!! Believe me though with Durant, Westbrook, & Green Oklahoma reminds me of yall a couple years back and they will be dope in a minute watch!! Got Em!!