*The Official WORLD CHAMPIONS SF Giants Offseason Thread*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Offseason Outlook: San Francisco Giants

Guaranteed Contracts

Matt Cain, SP: $107.5MM through 2017
Madison Bumgarner, SP: $34MM through 2017
Barry Zito, SP: $27MM through 2013
Tim Lincecum, SP: $22MM through 2013
Jeremy Affeldt, RP: $18MM through 2015
Pablo Sandoval, 3B: $13.95MM through 2014
Ryan Vogelsong, SP: $5.3MM through 2013
Javier Lopez, RP: $4.25MM through 2013

Arbitration Eligible Players (estimated salaries)

Hunter Pence, OF: $13.8MM (fourth time eligible)
Santiago Casilla, RP: $5.4MM (third time eligible)
Brian Wilson, RP: $8.5MM (third time eligible, non-tender candidate)
Clay Hensley, RP: $1.3MM (third time eligible, non-tender candidate)
Sergio Romo, RP: $3.6MM (second time eligible)
Jose Mijares, RP: $1.6MM (second time eligible)
Buster Posey, C: $5.9MM (first time eligible)
Gregor Blanco, OF: $1.3MM (first time eligible)
Joaquin Arias, UT: $800K (first time eligible)

Free Agents

Aubrey Huff, Melky Cabrera, Freddy Sanchez, Marco Scutaro, Angel Pagan, Ryan Theriot, Guillermo Mota, Xavier Nady, Brad Penny

Read more at San Francisco Giants Rumors: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Feb 12, 2004
Just got back from So Cal(Went out there to do the theme park stuff and see some homies). Was rocking my shit Giants shit heavy out there. Got a couple dirty looks here and there, but there were a fuck ton of Giants fans out there representing. Actually was chopping it up with some cat about the alcohol at California Adventure and right when he was walking away he said "Oh yeah, good job with that world series. And that's coming from a Dodgers fan".

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah world champs in this bitch.

Jan 12, 2006
Andrew BaggarlyVerified ‏@CSNBaggs
:-/ MT @TBrownYahoo Hearing Brian Wilson's first choice to pitch in 2013 -- outside of SF -- is for the Dodgers. Lives in LA in offseason

Damn I hope wilson is just bluffing and using this for leverage. I'm not so concerned with him going to the Dodgers because the giants proved they could win without him, but I just don't ever want to see Wilson in a dodgers uniform.

Props: MRTHECOSE
Jan 12, 2006
Angel Pagan re-signing with Giants

Angel Pagan is returning to the Giants. It’s a done deal pending a physical, I’m told, and it’s a four-year guarantee for $40 million. Pagan will receive a $5 million signing bonus, followed by annual salaries of $7 million, $9 million, $9 million and $10 million.

Just like that, the Giants need not worry about finding another center fielder or leadoff hitter.

At the World Series parade, Pagan said he wanted to return in 2013, and now he’s coming back after helping the Giants win their second World Series in three years. Pagan was acquired last winter from the Mets with one year remaining on his contract, and he and Marco Scutaro became free agents after the season.

Now the Giants will focus on re-signing Scutaro, though the Yankees might now make a push for him to play third base to replace Alex Rodriguez.

More Pagan news shortly.

Follow on Twitter J @John SheaHey

Feb 12, 2004
Giants are trying to sign the Giant killer Scott Hairston to platoon in LF with Blanco. Dude has proven he definitely has enough power at AT&T and itll be good to not have this fucker kill us.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
4 years 40 mill is too long and too much for Pagan unless they arent high on Gary Brown anymore... and Pagan is likely the next Aubrey Huff...

he can thank BJ Upton for his huge contract....

Props: MaC A$$ ViC
Dec 4, 2006
4 years 40 mill is too long and too much for Pagan unless they arent high on Gary Brown anymore... and Pagan is likely the next Aubrey Huff...

he can thank BJ Upton for his huge contract....
Wow! I would never compare Pagan with Huff..That's just wrong!

Sent from my SGH-T999

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Giants have re-signed infielder Marco Scutaro to a three-year contract worth a total of $20 million.

The Giants were holding firm on their two-year offer to the 37-year-old native of Venezuela before the Cardinals swooped in and tried to work out a deal. The Yankees were also interested at one point.

Scutaro batted .306/.348/.405 with seven home runs and 54 RBI in 683 plate appearances this summer between the Rockies and Giants. He then went 21-for-70 (.328) with eight RBI in 16 postseason games, helping to lead San Francisco to its second World Series title in the past three years.

good shit saw earlier that it was gonna be around 24mill