The Official : Recommend A Restaurant Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VdZ

Sicc OG
Aug 18, 2003
www.tapevault.com
my best sf restaruants
everytime i take a board there they always ask me to take back to them

cha cha cha on haight street * good sangeria and appertizer food
house of nanking on kearny street * BOMB ass chinese food *
cordon bleu vietnamese restaurant on california and larkin (5 spice chicken dish)
Hard knox cafe on 3rd street (soul food feature on food network channel)

golden era vegetarian restaurant ( good ass vietnamese food.. all vegie but good! have you every had tufo that tasted like good ass chicken even yet better)

- thang long - good garlic noodles and roasted crabs *pricey
- PPQ on clement - good garlic noodles and fresh roasted crabs * not as pricey as thang long

xiao loong restaurant - good chinese food on west portal

tommy joints on geary and van ness - bbq brisket there is tasty for 8 dollars

i got a whole lotta places i will post em next time .. gotta go

May 12, 2002
San Jose-
La Villa- Italian and more some of the best Rav's you will ever eat. I grew up down there and we eat there every weekend until we moved. Now when I go down I gotta bring an ice chest and bring some back for the family.

Lake Tahoe-
I think its called Lake Tahoe Pizza or South Lake, but it was very good. On the North shore another place I dont know the name to, but its like a resort right on the Lake, very upscale. Great steaks.

Chicago-
Ditkas,Harry Carey's - had very good Pork chops and Porterhouse.
Giordano's Pizza is amazing.
Portillio's has a little bit of everything but the Hot Dogs were top notch.

Sac/Roseville/Citrus Heights/Lincoln-
Austins Steak house inside Thunder Valley is more hit and miss and service can be horrible, but when they are on its good.
Carvers - great Steak.
I like Claimjumpers- a lot but I have had better food but would suggest anyone to go.
Ciros Pizza- The Mountain Top is the best in Sac for my money.
Pacioccos- Italian Deli and great Paninis and BLT.

Feb 26, 2003
There's this place in frisco it's an old style restaraunt/bar and they have a lot of beers from all over the world @ the bar and the food is served cafeteria style, u walk up and order that shit right there. They also got a lot of old memorobilia and signs all over the fuckin place. I ate there a long time ago and got absoloutely shit faced @ the bar I've always wanted to go back but don't remember the name of the place and on what damn street.

Mar 29, 2004
W0RM_Da_C0N said:
this place is the shit for mexican food in sunnyvale imo

and chavez market right next to it is bomb too
its all right.... u remember EL MERO MERO that was my cousins taqueria. too bad they closed it they had the bombest shit. now i go to the one rite there on borreagas i think its called ruby's. and the other little taco spot right there in orchard gardens rite by the brass rail that spot is the shit.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
La Morenita(manteca, modesto, ceres, turlock)try their Burrito Supreme(beef w/ green sauce)fresh chips and salsa, homemade torillas, delicious nachos and other authentic mexican food

Feb 23, 2006
JONNNYBLZ said:
There's this place in frisco it's an old style restaraunt/bar and they have a lot of beers from all over the world @ the bar and the food is served cafeteria style, u walk up and order that shit right there. They also got a lot of old memorobilia and signs all over the fuckin place. I ate there a long time ago and got absoloutely shit faced @ the bar I've always wanted to go back but don't remember the name of the place and on what damn street.

i think you might be talkin about the lil spot over on vaness...right on the corner across the street from the movie theatre
big as plates for cheap....good ass food

Jan 31, 2005
Vallejo - "Joy of Eating" for some breakfast or "HWY 29 cafe"
"Momo's" at the top of Springs rd(fairly new spot) BEEF NACHOS!
of course "Bud's Burgers"
can we bring back the ghetto Sizzler aka "Smorga Bob's"?

"Toto's" pizza in San Bruno

Oakland - "Fenton's"......and "Sofrito's" - Puerto Rican restaurant

Kookaburra wings from any "Outback Steakhouse"

Buffalo Shrimp from any "Hooters"

Concord - anything at "Claim Jumper"
"Lok Tao" (chinese food)

SF - "Moonstar Restaurant"
"La Santaneca" - for some pupusas (Salvadorian Restaurant)

if you really tryna grub and spend a lil....."Espetus" in SF is the shit!...brazilian churrascaria...all u can eat top sirloin steak, ribs, filet mignon, pork covered in parmesan, chicken wrapped in bacon, and hella other shit...

May 14, 2002
www.Straight-Up.info
BigE916WRM said:
San Jose-
La Villa- Italian and more some of the best Rav's you will ever eat. I grew up down there and we eat there every weekend until we moved. Now when I go down I gotta bring an ice chest and bring some back for the family.

Lake Tahoe-
I think its called Lake Tahoe Pizza or South Lake, but it was very good. On the North shore another place I dont know the name to, but its like a resort right on the Lake, very upscale. Great steaks.

Chicago-
Ditkas,Harry Carey's - had very good Pork chops and Porterhouse.
Giordano's Pizza is amazing.
Portillio's has a little bit of everything but the Hot Dogs were top notch.

Sac/Roseville/Citrus Heights/Lincoln-
Austins Steak house inside Thunder Valley is more hit and miss and service can be horrible, but when they are on its good.
Carvers - great Steak.
I like Claimjumpers- a lot but I have had better food but would suggest anyone to go.
Ciros Pizza- The Mountain Top is the best in Sac for my money.
Pacioccos- Italian Deli and great Paninis and BLT.
Is that Chicago spot, the one with the OG Chicago pizza?