THE OFFICIAL AUTO REPAIR THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
its a 1998 mustang gt conv.
Jeez, is there room in the glovebox for your tampons? But yeah, recharge the freon (R134-a) they sell kits at most auto-part stores. Turn the air on full blast and pull the trigger on the can until it reads full. For the heater get someone at a a/c shop/mechanic to look at the heater core. With what you said with both the a/c-heater not working its hard to say without looking at it, could be anything from a fuse to everything being shot.

Incar

Sicc OG
Sep 28, 2002
Where is the car shaking, I mean do you feel the shaking in the steering wheel? Or does it feel like its coming from the suspension under the car? If you feel it through the steering wheel its probably warped rotors, if its coming from under the car the wheel bearings might be going. "Shaking" is kind of vague.
yea the steering wheel shakes when its going above 50 MPH but smooth when it is below that, and when i brake when going like 60, the steering wheel shakes a little more....

Jul 25, 2007
anyone know any good brands that sell some HIGH QUALITY hyper white lights? I've bought some in the past at wal-mart, kragen, ebay and they all seemed wack and never really looked like the hyper whites you see on new luxury vehicles. Ive seen a load last night coming behind me and I thought it was some bentley or something with some clean ass hyper whites but when it passed me it was a 98 Lexus GS. anyone know where I can find some in the bay?

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
anyone know any good brands that sell some HIGH QUALITY hyper white lights? I've bought some in the past at wal-mart, kragen, ebay and they all seemed wack and never really looked like the hyper whites you see on new luxury vehicles. Ive seen a load last night coming behind me and I thought it was some bentley or something with some clean ass hyper whites but when it passed me it was a 98 Lexus GS. anyone know where I can find some in the bay?
Not sure exactly what you have now but you need some real HID's if you want them to look like that not halogens (H1, H3...). I haven't ever done one of the conversions but if it has an actual balast/igniter then they are real HID lights. My 95 BMW has aftermarket headlights with H1 bulbs and they don't look even close to as good as the real HID's on my SAAB 9-5.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
A pure white color has the best output so you would be able to see the most with it. That is why the factory color temp is 4300K on most cars. I wouldn't go for a purple just because you will get shitty light output and you might get hassled because aftermarket HID kits aren't technically legal. I do hear that the aftermarket kits are a little different in the color temperatures so 5000K would be a nice pure white. $80 for a kit is a good price I paid like $120 just for 2 new bulbs on my Saab because the balast is built into the bulb on the factory HID's.

This is what a H1 vs. HID looks like and the same site I got this from had a link to this kit it is for converting headlights that take the H1 bulb to HID's, they liked it but I haven't personally used it and it is 10,000K so I would probably go whiter but it doesn't look too bad:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000O56Y38

Jul 4, 2009
This should be vital:
Anyway, I have absloutely no pressure in my brakes, the pedal goes all the way to the floor and doesnt even stop. I have gone through 5 bottles of brake fluid last night driving back from St Louis. No shit theres a problem siccness but do you guys think its the master cylinder or a gaping hole in one of the brake lines?

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
This should be vital:
Anyway, I have absloutely no pressure in my brakes, the pedal goes all the way to the floor and doesnt even stop. I have gone through 5 bottles of brake fluid last night driving back from St Louis. No shit theres a problem siccness but do you guys think its the master cylinder or a gaping hole in one of the brake lines?
Check the back and around the master cylinder for fluid stains, although it sounds like the fluid is leaking out quick since you been through 5 bottles already. Check the brake lines all around and look for obvious leaks, its most likely a line if its leaking that fast...Take it to a brake shop and they can run a pressurized test and find the leak...good luck that sucks.

Sep 24, 2006
so im looking to get this car from my uncle and now he tells me it needs these parts on the back that are $75 each side and id need both sides. he said you can only get them from the dealer. anyone know any sites that i might be able to find them cheaper if i decide to get the car?