THE OFFICIAL AUTO REPAIR THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Having a car is a pain in the ass! Post any problems u having with you car and hopefully other cats can assist.

I got one. My a/c is making my car overheat! How much u think this is gonna break me? Did some research and my a/c compressor may need to be repaired or replaced. Perfect time for this shit to happen.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Damn I was thinking about making a thread like this a few minutes ago, I been workin on cars for a long time, and I went to school for auto-technology, so if this thread stays popular or whatever Ill help as much as I can...

@Rasan, what kind of car is it? On most modern cars the A/C compressor is a straightforward repair if you wanted to take a weekend and change it out yourself...A replacement would be prolly be around 220-320, depending on your car...If you grab the part a shop will probably charge you 2-3 hours in labor, so like 450-550 for the whole job. On the otherhand you might want to check out your thermostat first, and then your waterpump since theyre prolly run off the same drivebelt, but that depends on your car. If your car is overheating its not as likely it would be the a/c compressor, more likely radiator/waterpump/cooling system, but shit im not there so...

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I got a 04 ford focus folks.
lol, same car my mom drives...The part is about 215 for the compressor, water pump is about 60, and the t-stat is like 10 bucks tops. Check your fan and t-stat before you shell out all that money for the compressor. If the fan isnt kickin on itll cause the engine temp to build up when the a/c is on, and it the t-stat is poppin open the fluid isnt flowing right.

Feb 1, 2006
I have a cadillac seville and theres a sensor that makes the park brake automatically go on when it should i guess, but sometimes it doesn't release right away when i shift out of park even when the tires move. it's hella annoying, im bout to get it taken care of but i dont even know why it does that.

Feb 20, 2006
THIS IS A NICE THREAD...

IVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS HAPPEN TO MY CAR...

JUST RECENTLY HAD A FUEL PUMP CHANGED... MY WHIP BROKE DOWN ON ME WHEN I WAS ON THE FREEWAY! HAHAHA... THAT SHYT WAS SPOOKY.

GOT A NEW STARTER INSTALLED..... HAD AN APPOINTMENT TO GO TO... SO WHEN I TRIED TO LEAVE ... MY CAR WOULNDT START..

AND RIGHT NOW.. MY CAR IS SAFE IN MY COUSINS GARAGE.. TILL I FIND OUT WHATS WRONG WIT IT THIS TIME... HAHAHA.

I ALSO HAVE LIKE THIS METAL TICKING SOUND UNDER THE HOOD... LIKE METAL BOUNCING....WHEN I ACCELARATE.. IT GETS LOUDER....

SO YEA... HAVIN A CAR COULD BE A BITCH AT TIMES.... I HAVE A '93 BUICK. MY FIRST CAR.... I HAD IT FOR A YEAR.. ALREADY PUT 2GRAND IN IT... JUSS FOR MAINTENANCE WORK

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I've had about 15 cars up untill now....

And every last one of them had a different/same problem at one point in time!

To all you muthafukkas that like to hear your damn engine revving up all the damn time.....

CHECK YOUR OIL AT LEAST ONCE EVERY THREE WEEKS!!!!

A $4 thing of oil will save you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you gotta take apart the WHOLE top half of the engine at least.....$$$$$$$$$$

I know we all like to look at bitches...mugg other muthafukkas.......grin/hate on other cars better than ours.......but in the midst of all that while your drivin.....just take the time to glance at your temp gauge every so often....and the oil pressure gauge......THE GAUGES WILL TALK TO YOU(in most circumstances).

Glance at the gauges every so often.....they should all be in their normal areas and move fairly little from right to left. If you ever look at the temp gauge and you see its a lil higher than usual....or if the temp goes up and down.......check your fluids first,then move to the THERMOSTAT...it might be sticky(going bad).......or you mave have a hose problem dealing with the radiator or the radiator its self.

Shit...basiccally that shit I said from the $4 oil and past that are ALL CHEAPER than a blown head gasket...or a fukkin rod knokk which comes by not keepin oil in the damn car in the first place.

How did I do NiNe2FiVe?....lol

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I ALSO HAVE LIKE THIS METAL TICKING SOUND UNDER THE HOOD... LIKE METAL BOUNCING....WHEN I ACCELARATE.. IT GETS LOUDER....

SO YEA... HAVIN A CAR COULD BE A BITCH AT TIMES.... I HAVE A '93 BUICK. MY FIRST CAR.... I HAD IT FOR A YEAR.. ALREADY PUT 2GRAND IN IT... JUSS FOR MAINTENANCE WORK

Before the next time you start your engine you need to check your oil ASAP!

Is there white smoke comming out the tail pipe?

Sounds like it may be a rod knokk/blown piston(s) and ring(s)

DEEEEEzaaammm!!!

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
I had a friend who dropped a nut into the cylinder, but didnt realize it had gone into the cylinder until after hed put it all back together. Decided to start the car anyway, which was a bad move. Fucked up the piston and when he got the nut out it was about as thin as an aluminum can.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
THIS IS A NICE THREAD...

IVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS HAPPEN TO MY CAR...

JUST RECENTLY HAD A FUEL PUMP CHANGED... MY WHIP BROKE DOWN ON ME WHEN I WAS ON THE FREEWAY! HAHAHA... THAT SHYT WAS SPOOKY.

GOT A NEW STARTER INSTALLED..... HAD AN APPOINTMENT TO GO TO... SO WHEN I TRIED TO LEAVE ... MY CAR WOULNDT START..

AND RIGHT NOW.. MY CAR IS SAFE IN MY COUSINS GARAGE.. TILL I FIND OUT WHATS WRONG WIT IT THIS TIME... HAHAHA.

When your car wont start to find out if its the starter, have someone try and start it and tap lightly with a hammer/wrench, or a rubber mallet. The vibration will either click the solenoid, or jar the connector together and the car will start, just dont turn it off. Starters are one of the easier repairs to do yourself check out the cost of the part and maybe do it yourself, it should only take a couple hours in the driveway.

As far as the ticking sound, I cant tell you because I cant hear it, but make sure theres a good oil level first of all, and that the car keeps positive oil pressure just to be safe. To see if its something internal that may be a bigger problem, take a long screw driver and hold the tip against the cylinder head areas and out the handle to your ear, like youre using the screwdriver as a stethescope, that way when the sound is louder youre closer to where it is.

Feb 20, 2006
^ YEA MAN... THE LAST TIME I WENT TO A SHOP.. THEY NOTICE THE TICKING SOUND ALSO.. THEY SAID JUSS TO KEEP UP WIT OIL CHANGES.. AND MAKE SURE MY OIL PRESURE IS GOOD AND LEVELED

Feb 20, 2006
Before the next time you start your engine you need to check your oil ASAP!

Is there white smoke comming out the tail pipe?

Sounds like it may be a rod knokk/blown piston(s) and ring(s)

DEEEEEzaaammm!!!

NAW.. NO WHITE SMOKE. LOL..

NO BLOWN PISTONS OR RINGS... THAT SHYT WOULD BE ALL BAD HUH?... IM ALREADY KNOWIN....EXPENSIVE WORK IM GUESSIN