" The Official 2010-2011 Snowboard Thread "

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 19, 2004
Thinking about buying some gear, did the 1-2-3 ride free at boreal and got one more lesson before the season pass. What are some good forums out there that you guys also visit?

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Thinking about buying some gear, did the 1-2-3 ride free at boreal and got one more lesson before the season pass. What are some good forums out there that you guys also visit?
This is the only forum I go to for Snowboarding / I started it as a goal to get people to try new shit . We had a few people last year go snowboarding that probably wouldn't have EVER . I hope it happens this year .

Off to drop a friend off @ Northstar then board all day @ Sugar Bowl ......

Mountain time = Early mornings / Early evenings ................

I clip tickets @ Boreal at night , fun park & jumps but a little too localized .......
I mean I know everyone up on NorthShore and Boreal Locals are like Santa Cruz ones they just want the mountain to themselves you'll get no help or pointers on how to do stuff ........ Kinda like trying to surf the lighthouse in Santa Cruz & not knowing anyone its just not fun to get snaked all day ....

How to clip a ticket ?????? - Have wire cutters / get in line & get close to person in front clip off jacket and put on yours ............. Free ticket

Jun 19, 2004
Yea I see what you mean about keeping this thread going for the sicc, what's your opinion on this set up?

i have a complete Option snowboard for sale.

the board is an Option size 163 i bought at Clarks snowboards

silver Ride Lx bindings

black DC Phase boots size 12

asking $230 or best offer

used hand full of times, excellent condition
I could buy new but I will probably go maybe 5-7 times this year and I hear a lot of talk of prices hella dropping on the new stuff once the season is over. I've already gone three weekends in a row getting this shit down. So not dealing with renting would save mostly time and what not.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Great Set up - How big are you though ?????? Im 6'1 190-200 I ride a 159 in the park & a 164 for everything else ... If you like parks you want a flexible board smaller very light / free riding & powder you want something bigger ....

But a board & set can have you doing both depends on skill level & how much $$$$ you wanna put towards this great sport .

Sell in the winter / buy in the summer = gonna get the most for your $$$$

Today was too cold , expecting a light dusting of snow tonight & tomorrow I'll check it out tomorrow .........

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
AND WHY DO HELLA BRAZILLIAN GIRLS BE SNOW BOARDING
Soda Springs is the Area 8 miles before Truckee / Where Donner Summit , Sugar Bowl , and Soda Springs all are . - Just a little neighborhood .......

Because NorthStar @ Tahoe & many other resorts recruit from Brazil , Argentina all of South America .... They are making $$$ traveling to the states then go home & come back next winter . Also they stay in the Workers Housing so you get a free Season Pass $ 400 / a job all winter / free room & board / and meals as well ........

Jun 19, 2004
I'm 5'11" 250-260 I had been riding a 160 board and felt ok on it. Last time I got my board they gave me a 155 and I didn't look at the board until I was at my lesson and something just felt way off. I went back and swapped it after the lesson. Some online sizing calculator suggested 164.

I'm still a rookie, I really fucked up just going with out no real knowledge on how to snowboard the first two times and picked up bad habits. My last two trips I spent on learning to stop properly and being able to go at faster speeds while still being in control and being able to stop.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
I'm 5'11" 250-260 I had been riding a 160 board and felt ok on it. Last time I got my board they gave me a 155 and I didn't look at the board until I was at my lesson and something just felt way off. I went back and swapped it after the lesson. Some online sizing calculator suggested 164.

I'm still a rookie, I really fucked up just going with out no real knowledge on how to snowboard the first two times and picked up bad habits. My last two trips I spent on learning to stop properly and being able to go at faster speeds while still being in control and being able to stop.
My best advice for is to buy a D.C. 162 - 2009-2011 they are great boards & not too over priced a 2009 is just as good as a 2011 ..... Then I would get a middle of the road binding nothing special maybe Burton Cartels 2010 I ride those they are easy & good ....

With this type of set up you can ride both powder & park on the same board / plus being kinda new to it you want to get some years out this one .... I rode a board from 2000-2006 same boots , bindings , everything and that was my 2nd set up ...... The first was a old skool tail & nose board . LOL

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Today was cold ( Very Cold I never where a Jacket ) & snowing - Check Sugar Bowls web can it coming down good couple inches up to 4-5 I think ... The mountain was in a cloud basically all morning until 1:30 when a tree clip me & sent me downhill fast ! Done deal for today ..... WED & THURS Gonna be good ones come up & take advantage . I'll be @ Sugar Bowl Thurs .......

My face says Im cold & I want Taco's NOW !!!!!!!

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Today - Wed is gonna be a partly cloudy one w/ snow showers staying to the North Shore.

Thursday - Gonna be a gem a couple inches of fresh fresh ........ See ya there after work !

Watch my sig video for inspiration / Its some shit ............

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
2011 RAHLVES' BANZAI TOUR KICKS OFF JAN 22-23
What's the Rahlves' Banzai tour you ask? Well it's skier/boarder cross meets downhill excitement on an ungroomed course. First one to the bottom wins! Overall tour purse sits at $50,000, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today >>>

Anyone 18 years and older can sign up - skiers and boarders, men and women are welcome. The $100 entry fee will get you into the event and lift tickets for both days as long as you qualify. There's a $10,000 purse up for grabs at each Tour stop, $10,000 for overall Tour winners, and a $10,000 Super Final. January 22-23 will kick off this year's tour at Alpine Meadows with the Beaver Bowl Banzai. Don't worry, Daron Rahlves will not be racing until the Super Final at Sugar Bowl, where the 1st place men skiers from each stop will race Daron down the famed Silver Belt Gully in a one-run, winner-take-all super final for $10,000!

The 2011 Rahlves' Banzai Tour is making three stops this season - Alpine Meadows, January 22-23, Kirkwood Resort, February 5-6 and Sugar Bowl Resort, March 12-13. Visit Rahvlesbanzai.com for more information, registration, photos and videos from past events. This is one even you'll not want to miss.

NASTC TOTAL SKIING
This is a new NASTC course offered exclusively at Sugar Bowl which uses the principles of Chris Fellows' new book Total Skiing, in bookstores now. The book and clinics are designed to address your specific strengths and weaknesses in order to optimize your performance and experience on the hill. There are still a few spots remaining. Cost for this clinic is $150 for one day or $300 for two day. Sign up today >>>

BACKCOUNTRY ADVENTURES
The BAC offers a series of spirited programs for skiers and boarders...all part of Sugar Bowl’s complete authentic alpine adventure. The sidecountry still holds plenty of fresh powder that's just calling your name! Check out BAC's Sidecountry Tour on January 15, 16 and 22.

Looking to improve your telemark skills? Check out their advanced telemark with Lorenzo Worster on January 15. This course combines a variety of techniques for dynamic skiing, including secret weapons for challenging ungroomed snow conditions and special techniques for the super steep including the infamous pedal-hop turn.

Ski The Whole Mountain with Eric DesLauriers January 21-23. This is BAC's signature event. This AMSP series of 1, 2 or 3-day all-mountain free skiing ski camps at Sugar Bowl will include steep skiing sessions, powder skiing, crud skiing and all other challenges the mountain has to offer.

If you are looking to get in to telemark skiing then you need to sign up for the BAC's Intro To Telemark on January 22. This one day clinic will have you linking your turns and set you on your way to enjoying telemark skiing. They'll set you up with all the gear you need.

IT'S YOUR TURN...TO TELL US HOW WE'RE DOING!
We sincerely hope your visit to Sugar Bowl was magical and memorable, and we’d like to hear all about it…visit sugarbowl.com/1011survey to provide us with feedback, thoughts, questions and concerns. As a thank you, we’ll enter you into weekly drawings for free prizes including lift tickets, stored value food & beverage cards, even an overnight stay in our snowbound Lodge at Sugar Bowl.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
What a shitty day - Rain & Sleet even @ 7000 feet it was big wet snow @ the bottom it was rain ...... Not looking good for more snow ( that will stack up ) for at least a week probably 2 so I guess the park is where you'll find me .

The falls are getting harder - Its only gonna get icy hopefully the sunshine will slush it up a bit . I'll keep ya'll posted .

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
NEW BOARD COPPED !!!!!! I bought this (brand new 2011) K2 158 for park riding only cost $299 + 15 % off that = $275 ........ Great deal on a a board I can just tear to shit - Im gonna try & brake this bitch LOL j/p -

And look @ that sweet ass RIDE 164 w/ da Cartel Bindings .... Yeah the big boy .......

The had many more sizes - Contact - Boards in Motion / Auburn Ca.

Heres a brief summary .......

K2 Brigade - 2011
Summary:

There's a new snowboard to turn to for an instant skills boost. If you’re getting to grips with snowboarding but bored of catching an edge on your cambered hire board, the soft flexing Brigade with Catch Free Rocker is everything you need to improve your riding minus the pain.

Manufacturer's Description:

All Mountain Exploration

The 2010-11 K2 Brigade™ is perfect for the determined and committed snowboarder who wants to progress rapidly and explore the entire mountain. Offering superior response and gothic fog graphics…all at a popular price, the K2 Brigade snowboard will take your riding style to the next level. In fact, CATCH FREE ROCKER allows for ultimate progression in record time. Time to buckle up and prove it soldier!

Year: 2011

Available Lengths (cm): 147, 152, 155, 158, 161, 151W, 159W, 163W

Riding Style: Beginner

Specifications:

Catch Free Rocker™ profile
Hybritech™ construction
Setback Twin shape
Dual Progressive sidecut
W1™ Core
Biaxial glass laminates
Extruded 2000 grade base

Similar boards:

Atomic Vantage - 2011

Rossignol Taipan - 2011

Burton Clash - 2011

Board quick stats:

Recommended for park riding.
Recommended for freeride.
Low cost snowboard
Available in Wide
Rockered snowboard.
Directional shaped snowboard

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Mon. - January-17-2011

Spring like conditions / No new snow for a while .... Booooooo Gonna head up there though & hit the park I guess since I did buy a new park board . Every thing else is too Icy @ least till the afternoon & by that time Im spent / Well I hope the crazy I was on the lift w/ last week was wrong , he said because of La Ninia were not going to see much more . On a good note we got enough to last till late April - Early May ( Thats what the resorts are saying ) ...... Well pray for snow / @ least its sunny & warm up there in Tahoe ........ Sunglass tan in full effect , breh ..... LOLOLOL Short sleeve days already

Anything down the hill from Auburn / Newcastle is foggy all the way to Sac .......

Pray 4 snow ........... Please !