" The Official 2010-2011 Snowboard Thread "

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Hit Northstar yesterday...wasn't too crowded and the powder was lovely. Snowed/rained a little, but nothing too major. Gonna go up again on Saturday. I can already tell this season is gonna be epic.
Very much so - More snow on Wed. too -

Today was a windy one 45 mph winds this AM had me chilly . The afternoon was perfect gonna go tomorrow too .......

Supposed to be Clear w/ plenty of powder left over ..............

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Storming all weekend - I'll be @ Sugar Bowl Mon & Tues

Come get some before the crowds .............. Hit me up Shea let me know were your going if you make it up ....... I can meet you anywhere on Northshore Mon. & Tues. but I know folks @ Sugar Bowl .......

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Im gonna snowboard for the first time this year! You folks got any tips or recommendations?

After reading all the comments, this is getting me hyped.
Take a basic lesson / & rent all your stuff @ a local Snowboard/Ski shop don't rent @ the resort . It takes time & cost way too much ........

A simple 2 hour lesson will give you the tools to get down the mountain from there you create your own style .

2-5 feet fri. - Sun . - Yeeeeeeeeee

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Damn Simpaticone...

meant to call you when i was up there.... left my cell phone in SJ.

kinda nice, not having a phone for a few days tho.

Sierra last week was DOPE! ....broke one of my boards in half, riding the boxes.
I love not having a phone for a few / No worry's we'll connect up here .........

Those boxes are some shit huh ...

I heard helmet laws are gonna hit EVERY california resort by next year , I don't wear one now ( I should ) we all should but its gonna take some getting used to . So get ready for that ....... Poor girl died @ Alpine Meadows too -
Out of bounds got hurt & froze .

Dec 9, 2005
Nice! So the roads look pretty clear from that pic!

I went a few weeks ago when they had "the worst storm in the past 10 years" according to the people at Northstar, and they closed down most resorts, and at Northstar there was only ONE lift open. The drive back to The Bay was terrible and traumatizing!

Going up again this Friday for the whole weekend with a bunch of friends.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Nice! So the roads look pretty clear from that pic!

I went a few weeks ago when they had "the worst storm in the past 10 years" according to the people at Northstar, and they closed down most resorts, and at Northstar there was only ONE lift open. The drive back to The Bay was terrible and traumatizing!

Going up again this Friday for the whole weekend with a bunch of friends.
It was sunny in the early AM then got very foggy -

Dam Shea 9 hours but that is prime time - I remember those days from SJ LOL - Took me an hour ...

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
^^^ I spent the whole day in the park today trying to get down a 3 jump sequence - 1st - just jump , 2nd jump - big tale grab , 3rd backside 360 ........ I only got all three down bout 4 times today - very hard all three jumps are big & close .

Also the rainbow boxes & sidewinders have been cool / as the day goes on though they get sticky .... - doing a lot of park this week . Sugar Bowl has a great Advanced , Intermediate , and a tiny beginner one too ..... ( I was trying 360 boardslides to 360 out ) yeah that didn't happen but Im crushing every rail I see ....

Today was off the hook - Sunburnt / spring like day .............

My 3rd day this week - 16th day this Winter .......... I might have a snowboard problem ..........

Mon. & Tues back @ it .........