The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
LeBron to the Lakers??

No team reloads like the Los Angeles Lakers.

Their track record of leveraging their hometown appeal and history, plus applying shrewd management, over the past 30 years is virtually without peer.

With their latest coups -- the stunning Steve Nash sign-and-trade and a victory in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes -- just now coming together for the first time, could the Lakers already be plotting out the next one?

Opposing executives think so. As teams continue their long-range planning and work up opposition strategies, the Lakers remain just as much a threat in the transaction game as they are on the court.

Several teams' executives have told ESPN.com they believe the Lakers are positioning themselves to make a run at LeBron James in 2014, when the Miami Heat star can choose to become a free agent.
In the wake of the Howard trade, much as been made of the massive luxury-tax bill the Lakers are facing next season if they're able to re-sign the big man. ESPN.com salary cap expert Larry Coon has estimated the Lakers could be on the hook for as much as $85 million just in taxes in 2013-14.

But look a little further, to that 2014-15 season, and you'll see something else: The Lakers' projected payroll is almost completely clear. Only Nash is signed for that season, at $9.7 million, though the Lakers will also be paying about $20 million to Howard if they can re-sign him this coming summer.

In July 2013, Bryant's $30.4 million, Pau Gasol's $19.2 million, Metta World Peace's $7.7 million, Steve Blake's $4 million and Jordan Hill's $3.5 million will come off the books. There likely won't even be any first-round draft picks filling up the cap, either, as the Lakers have already traded their 2013 first-round pick to Phoenix in the Nash deal.

Opposing teams that are making their own long-range free agency plans think they see the Lakers' plan coming into focus. As it stands, L.A. will have enough cap space to add a superstar like James.
NBA -- Los Angeles Lakers may be eying LeBron James in 2014 - ESPN

Jan 12, 2006
I have exactly zero doubt that if LeBron don't stay in mia, he will be a Laker. David Stern prolly already set that chit up.
I honestly think Kevin Love is signing with the lakers in 2014, he's always @ lakers games during the post season and seems like a west coast type. Lebron would be a plus.

Nash
Kobe
Lebron
Love
Howard

That would be a dope line-up

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Yeah kevin love is a much better 'elite roleplayer' versus being the main man on a team. Imo. That would be a great pick up. If LeBron went to the lake show I would have to out right boy cott the league. Again. Lol

Props: IronLungs420

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
calm down fuckers,lol..the lebron deal was only meant for when and if kobe retires in 2 more seasons like he has hinted he is going to do!...plus i dont think stern would ever allow an elite team like kobe,lebron,love,and howard, on the same team,that just wouldnt be fair!...stern prolly wouldnt allow it!..then again,you neva know wut the league might be like then!

Jan 12, 2006
wow that shit was hard to watch, the offense I feel will eventually click but that defense is awful right now. I don't see that defense improving anytime soon, lakers still seem slow. Teams with speed just work the lakers up and down the court.

Oh well 0-1 still got 81 games to get it together.