The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Jodie Meeks is a good player and he's still young...I was hoping the Warriors would swoop him...He will stretch the floor in LA...Thats a solid pick up in my opinion...Real solid

May 3, 2002
So glad bynum will be gone and so glad he didin't end up on the Nuggets, dude is a cancer!
I agree, it sux to get rid of Afflalo, but I don't think he was utilized properly and glad we got Iggy tho,,,Go Nugs, shit man my cousin is trying out for the chearleaders, hope she makes it and hooks me up tix

Jan 12, 2006
NBA Trade Rumors – Josh Smith to LA Lakers?
The LA Lakers just made the biggest trade of the NBA off-season, but is the front office finished making moves this summer?

The LA Times reported that the team was looking at trading veteran Pau Gasol to the Atlanta Hawks for Josh Smith a few weeks ago and now that the Lakers have added Dwight Howard, making a deal for his AAU playing partner could make this a complete team.

The Lakers have struggled to find a quality small forward for years and acquiring the young Smith could have this team contending for several titles. Gasol had a terrific summer playing for Spain in the Olympics, but his playoff struggles have fans and the team questioning his heart, but a move to Atlanta would breathe new life in the veteran and give the Hawks the experience they need.

This deal would require both teams to make a tough decision, but swapping these two forwards would actually help both franchises. The Hawks would get the veteran they need to lead their youngsters and the LA Lakers would add a younger player that could play alongside Howard for several years, especially now that Kobe Bryant is entering the twilight of his NBA career.

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981540816

Lakers should do it up!

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I'd rather keep pau, even though josh smith is a better move for the future. pau didn't complain like odom when the trade bullshit was going on and he helped us get two more rings. just wish his contract wasn't so big.

Sep 24, 2006
the big question i wonder is what will be kobe's reaction cuz he is on record saying as long as he is a laker pau will be a laker. how well would that go over? especially if ur trying to show howard he should resign after the upcoming year?

Sep 24, 2006
LOL @ Laker fans being perfectly fine with the Lakers building an all-star team, but have been vilifying the Heat for the past two years. The hypocrisy of these guys.
i dont have a problem with teams building all star teams i just dont like lebron with the way he went about announcing it. thats my only problem with the heat.

Jan 12, 2006
LOL @ Laker fans being perfectly fine with the Lakers building an all-star team, but have been vilifying the Heat for the past two years. The hypocrisy of these guys.
HUH??? Lakers had to get rid of Bynum a two time champ and all star at only 24 years old in order to bring in dwight, also draft picks and take on bad contracts. What the Heat did was sneaky as hell but I give Lebron, Wade, and Bosh props for planning that shit since 08' while they were still on different squads. What they did before the new CBA was signed is damn hear impossible to do now. Also big difference between the lakers starting rotation averaging an average age of 30+ and Wade, Bosh, and Lebron all deciding to sign with the same team while all of them are at their prime and about to hit their peak at around 26 years of age. Kobe is still in LA, I didn't see him hold out on the lakers as a free agent and get on the same boat with dwight so they could sign with D williams in New Jersey as free agents so the team signing them doesn't have to completely gut their squad. Now that would be some lebron james/heat type shit. Also no one vilified the heat it was Lebron getting all the shit thrown his way, because he dipped on Cleveland, no one really gave a shit about what bosh did since he was in Toronto, and Wade well he stayed with his original team he didn't go and try to join Kobe in LA.

May 15, 2002
HUH??? Lakers had to get rid of Bynum a two time champ and all star at only 24 years old in order to bring in dwight, also draft picks and take on bad contracts. What the Heat did was sneaky as hell but I give Lebron, Wade, and Bosh props for planning that shit since 08' while they were still on different squads. What they did before the new CBA was signed is damn hear impossible to do now. Also big difference between the lakers starting rotation averaging an average age of 30+ and Wade, Bosh, and Lebron all deciding to sign with the same team while all of them are at their prime and about to hit their peak at around 26 years of age. Kobe is still in LA, I didn't see him hold out on the lakers as a free agent and get on the same boat with dwight so they could sign with D williams in New Jersey as free agents so the team signing them doesn't have to completely gut their squad. Now that would be some lebron james/heat type shit. Also no one vilified the heat it was Lebron getting all the shit thrown his way, because he dipped on Cleveland, no one really gave a shit about what bosh did since he was in Toronto, and Wade well he stayed with his original team he didn't go and try to join Kobe in LA.
Still though...the Lakers have been having stacked teams since way back in the day, the Celtics too, and no one seemed to ever have a problem with it. But it became a problem when Miami did it. A team with the best center, one of the best PFs, the best shooting guard, one of the best perimeter defenders and one of the best PGs in the league IS an all star team. No matter how they got together, the point still remains that we're looking at hypocrisy on the part of the fans. The GMs did for the Lakers what Wade, James and Bosh did for themselves. I don't see a difference.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
Still though...the Lakers have been having stacked teams since way back in the day, the Celtics too, and no one seemed to ever have a problem with it. But it became a problem when Miami did it. A team with the best center, one of the best PFs, the best shooting guard, one of the best perimeter defenders and one of the best PGs in the league IS an all star team. No matter how they got together, the point still remains that we're looking at hypocrisy on the part of the fans. The GMs did for the Lakers what Wade, James and Bosh did for themselves. I don't see a difference.

SO IN OTHER WORDS THE LAKERS SHOULDNT TRY TO STAY COMPETITIVE AND JUST LET THE FRANCHISE GO DOWN THE DRAINS?

I DONT REMEMBER TOO MANY LAKER FANS COMPLAINING. THE ONLY COMPLAINT WAS WHEN STERN STOPPED THE CHRIS PAUL TRADE...OTHER THAN THAT...REAL LAKERS FANS KNOW,THAT THE LAKERS ARE COMMITTED TO WINNING...

OUR DARKEST DAYS WAS WHEN THE BULLS WERE TEARING SHIT UP...OTHER THAN THAT THE LAKERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT GETTING THEM TROPHYS

May 15, 2002
SO IN OTHER WORDS THE LAKERS SHOULDNT TRY TO STAY COMPETITIVE AND JUST LET THE FRANCHISE GO DOWN THE DRAINS?

I DONT REMEMBER TOO MANY LAKER FANS COMPLAINING. THE ONLY COMPLAINT WAS WHEN STERN STOPPED THE CHRIS PAUL TRADE...OTHER THAN THAT...REAL LAKERS FANS KNOW,THAT THE LAKERS ARE COMMITTED TO WINNING...

OUR DARKEST DAYS WAS WHEN THE BULLS WERE TEARING SHIT UP...OTHER THAN THAT THE LAKERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT GETTING THEM TROPHYS
So you must have just joined the site when the NBA season ended. Either that or you're just pretending you didn't see all the hateful comments by Laker fans about Bosh, Wade and James getting together. But of course we both know its the latter.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
So you must have just joined the site when the NBA season ended. Either that or you're just pretending you didn't see all the hateful comments by Laker fans about Bosh, Wade and James getting together. But of course we both know its the latter.

YOUR TALKING ABOUT THIS SITE? I WAS TALKING ABOUT IN GENERAL!
I LIVE IN A STRONG LAKERS BASE OF FANS...WASNT NOBODY GIVING A SHIT ABOUT THE HEAT OVER HERE...MAYBE IN YOUR PARTS THEY WERE...BUT AFTER THEY LOST THE FINALS TO THE MAVERICKS...THE HEAT WERE LABELED CHOKERS AND WERE SORT OF A JOKE...SHIT PEOPLE WERE STILL THINKING THEY WERE GONNA CHOKE TO THE PACERS,DURING THE PLAYOFFS...SO DONT THINK THE HEAT WERE SOME JUGGERNAUT,THAT ALL LAKER FANS FEARED.

I'M SURE THERE'S SOME DUMBASS FANS WHO DID SAY SOME STUPID ASS SHIT...WHAT SPORTS TEAM FAN DOESNT???

BUT IN GENERAL...LAKER FANS KNOW MITCH KUPCHAK...MAKES MOVES

AND BEING THE LAKERS STILL HAD TALENT...THEY WERE ALWAYS A PLAYER OR TOO AWAY FROM COMPETING STILL...

Jan 12, 2006
Report: Nets, Lakers, Suns talking to Leandro Barbosa

Anybody looking for a backup point guard? Leandro Barbosa is still on the market.

He’s one of those guys who thinks he deserves more but is likely only going to see veteran minimum offers. Welcome to the new CBA. But some teams are talking to him, the Brazilian guard told UOL Esporte, a publication in his native country (translation via Hoopshype).

“Among others, I’m talking with Phoenix, the Brooklyn Nets and the Los Angeles Lakers. Steve Nash even texted me because he wants me there.”

Steve Nash may want him, and I’ll give you he is a better backup point guard than Steve Blake for the Lakers, but the Lakers already have a $99 million payroll and are not going to be adding anything but minimum contracts to it. And probably not even those.

Barbosa says later in the interview he would play for the veteran minimum on a contender. If he can’t land an NBA gig, he says he would want to play in Brazil this season. But his contract would be such that an NBA team could call him up.

I bet someone picks him up before the season. Just not at the price he and his agent want.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....arbosa/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter