The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Mike Brown admits overplaying Kobe as he reaggrivates foot, will wear walking boot

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant scored a game-high 40 points in the Los Angeles Lakers' 105-95 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday, but the scoring outburst might have come at a cost.

Bryant said he was playing on one leg and told reporters in the locker room after the game that he felt like his right foot was "about to fall off" during the game.

Bryant missed a week's worth of practice and the final two preseason games while he recovered from a right foot injury that Bryant characterized as an ankle contusion that also irritated the tendon that runs along the bottom of his foot.

The 17-year veteran asked a locker room attendant to have longtime Lakers trainer Gary Vitti to get his walking boot ready for him so he could wear it when he left the arena.

Compounding things was the fact that Bryant played a game-high 43 minutes. Lakers coach Mike Brown admitted to overusing the 34-year-old Bryant.

"We need a win, obviously. I'm not trying to fool anybody here. We do need a win. You hope we could have gotten one tonight," Brown said. "That's part of why (Bryant) played the minutes that he played, which was too many."

Jan 12, 2006
what's dwight howard's contract situation? is he going to sign an extension with the lakers? what do the laker brehs think?
I think so, I believe he is a restricted free agent. Which means the Lakers can match any offer and also give him a 5 year max contract while other teams can only offer 4 years max. Besides why would anyone willingly volunteer to leave the Lakers?

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
I think so, I believe he is a restricted free agent. Which means the Lakers can match any offer and also give him a 5 year max contract while other teams can only offer 4 years max. Besides why would anyone willingly volunteer to leave the Lakers?
Dwight and CP3 are both unrestricted FA after this year. assuming nothin gets done during the year, word is the Mavs and Hawks are gonna have cap space to give both max deals.

Dwight and CP3 are both unrestricted FA after this year. assuming nothin gets done during the year, word is the Mavs and Hawks are gonna have cap space to give both max deals.
I'm sure both squads will have smooth seasons they're rosters are both loaded. Plus i heard that they were both wanting to be teammates for some time now Dwight didn't want to play out in New Orleans and CP didn't care to head down to Orlando. They're both now "under the lights" in LA, i don't see neither of them departing the city now. Heard CP's Wife and Son love LA which will affect his decision to most likely stay put and sign the extension

I'm thinking though it could be a possibility for CP to join Dwight on the Lakers once Kobe calls it quits and it could then be called "Dwights Team"

Jan 12, 2006
I honestly think Kevin Love is signing with the lakers in 2014, he's always @ lakers games during the post season and seems like a west coast type. Lebron would be a plus.

Nash
Kobe
Lebron
Love
Howard

That would be a dope line-up
Kobe Bryant: ‘My Aim Is to Play Until I’m 40 Years Old’

“My aim is to play until I’m 40 years old and I believe I can do that. This year, we added very good players to our squad. Steve Nash, Dwight Howard will make us stronger. Right now, things are not going very well but I believe it’ll get better soon.”
LOL Kobe is determined to pass up MJ and win a 6th or 7th ring. If he plays until he is 40 he will pass up Jordan in a lot of categories. Also don't be surprised to see that line up in 2014.

Jun 23, 2002
don't worry the warriors are gonna be in town on friday. there's no way we can win....................or can we? shit would really hit the fan then

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Brown aint getting fired anytime soon imo
D'antoni could work but you guys would have to score over 100 points a game to win due to his coaching style.
Sloan might be too old school/tough.
off topic: san quinn's back isnt 100% yet either. ironlungs, how you feel about him giving you guys 19 points a game?