The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
yea things r looking better more on the up and up when u aint got some college type of sceme holding you back,..cuz really,..any coach can sit there and act like hes "coaching " this team but this team will pretty much run game on anybody with the right game plan,..bernie has been coaching for years,im pretty sure he knows wut type of shit to run with this type of team,hell he may even do for the job,seems to me he knows wut hes doing so far since he took over,....but fuck it,..bring back big phil!

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Mike D'Antoni hired as next coach of Los Angeles Lakers, sources say - ESPN Los Angeles

The Los Angeles Lakers have hired Mike D'Antoni as their next head, sources told ESPN.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the deal is for four years.

D'Antoni won't be available until later in the week, after he's medically cleared following knee replacement surgery, a source told ESPN.

Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne and ESPN.com's Marc Stein and J.A. Adande was used in this report.

Props: IronLungs420
Jan 12, 2006
Mike D'Antoni hired as next coach of Los Angeles Lakers, sources say - ESPN Los Angeles

The Los Angeles Lakers have hired Mike D'Antoni as their next head, sources told ESPN.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the deal is for four years.

D'Antoni won't be available until later in the week, after he's medically cleared following knee replacement surgery, a source told ESPN.

Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne and ESPN.com's Marc Stein and J.A. Adande was used in this report.
wow they wet with D'Antoni, not sold on this guy but I will have to wait and see.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Again, as I've written and said on TV, Phil wanted total control and say over the direction of any franchise he went to, a la Riley/Miami.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Phil wanted crazy money, personnel control and didn't want to travel to many road games. It was never going to work.

Last edited:

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
i'm not shocked at all. Phil wanted too much money and too much control. how you gonna be a coach, but not wanna coach on the road. sorry guy.
Like i said earlier, if the lakers score 100 or more under mr. pringles system, they are gonna crush niggas. fast break basketball is finally coming back to the lakers.

Jan 12, 2006
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏ J @Jru dolphSports

Mike D'Antoni, are you kidding me!? Well Steve Nash will be in a comfortable offense. Start sizing up LBJ's second ring.

You've never seen Mike D'Antoni and Mike Martz in the same place at the same time and you never will.

WTH is Buss thinking!? D'Antoni isn't a championship caliber coach, man. This is a mistake, a big mistake.

Phil Jackson has earned the right to ask for the moon; he wins titles. Mike D'Antoni isn't a championship coach.

He's stubborn, his system fails in the playoffs. His in-game adjustments are nonexistent. His rotations are too short. His communication with players out of rotation sucks. His attention to defensive details are laughable.

This guy isn't the right guy for the job, man.

What the hell is Jim Buss doing!? Nate Mcmillian, Brian Shaw, Jerry Sloan, Stan Van Gundy ... anyone, but D'Antoni.

I'm assuming Buss didn't have Jerry Sloan's number. Sloan, Mcmillan, Shaw, Van Gundy, Dunleavy, even, ReggieTheus!

This Mike D'Antoni this is a mistake, man.