The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Brown aint getting fired anytime soon imo
D'antoni could work but you guys would have to score over 100 points a game to win due to his coaching style.
Sloan might be too old school/tough.
off topic: san quinn's back isnt 100% yet either. ironlungs, how you feel about him giving you guys 19 points a game?
Howard is the shit, it's been dope seeing him in a Lakers uniform. A month ago most reliable media outlets were reporting he wouldn't see the court until late dec or early jan. So as far as Dwight goes he is way ahead of schedule. Also everyone can clearly see he is no where near 100%, once he is at full strength he will be able to get more then a inch off the ground. Also it's nice to finally have a real #2 option to compliment Kobe. Howard draws so much damn attention and fouls. Kobe and Dwight will probably have their highest field goal percentage they have ever had in a season due to the easy buckets they create for each other. People have to remember these cats have had a really small amount of time to build chemistry, it's going to take a while for them to gel. Does that excuse a 1-4 start? Hello no, but at the same time I'm not ready to say they're done either.

In other words Dwight is the least of worries in LA, I'll list my worries about this team.

1.Mike "Potato Head" Brown -Kobe seems to have ZERO respect for this cat, if the leader of the team has no respect for him the rest will follow. Also he sets up the worst line ups I have ever seen.

2.Bench/Depth - Won't be a factor if the big 4 can get going but when Nash goes out we got bum ass Morris and even worse Blake to rely on as back up PG's. That isn't going to cut it.

3.Gasol - I really wanted him gone in the off-season for Josh Smith, looks like that ship has sailed though, his contract plus his recent drop off in producing will make him impossible to move. I haven't seen him show up since 2010.

4.Metta - This cat needs to play his position, in the words of Rossibreath this cat has turned into a "chucker". I understand he feels the healthiest he has felt in years and wants to contribute, but this cat is acting like he is Lebron James out there. There is no reason for anyone other then Kobe, Dwight, Nash, and Pau to be shooting.

Props: :ab:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
metta was the man on his previous teams so easing into that role player type deal may not be natural, though I hella agree with you. for kobe, I remember a pic when m brown first got there and it looked like Kobe wasn't trying to hear him then either. the only coach that could command a presence is phil jack and that aint probable for him to ever come back. pau was soft during those past playoffs/finals but imo he is way better than josh smith because of his yumper. he is a finesse euro player and always has been so him taking the fall for being soft wasn't totally justified imo because that is who he is as a player.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Los Angeles Lakers have fired coach Mike Brown, source says - ESPN Los Angeles

Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown has been fired after a 1-4 start to the season, a source tells ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

It is not known yet who will take over for him, but a source indicated that it will either be assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff or Chuck Person on an interim basis.

Sources had said earlier Friday that his job would be in jeopardy if the team did not perform well on its upcoming six-game homestand.

The Lakers have had a healthy Steve Nash in the lineup for only 1½ of their five games so far thanks to a leg injury, while fellow newcomer Dwight Howard has acknowledged that he's still recovering from the back surgery that brought a premature end to his 2011-12 campaign and knocked him out of the London Olympics. Kobe Bryant has also been playing through a foot ailment.

The Lakers are off to the worst start in the Western Conference despite carrying the league's largest payroll at just over $100 million, which would trigger an estimated luxury-tax bill at season's end of nearly $30 million.

Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein was used in this report.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
d antoni coming off surgery and phil has health issues,plus they are saying phil already said if he comes back he wants part of a team!....i see either shaw,sloan,maybe nate mllen

to bad jim cleamons couldnt step in and coach this team,he would of been a real nice fit!

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
The Lakers are dominating your Friday news cycle.

After we learned Mike Brown's son was dealing with threats on Twitter, we got a double dose of Lakers news when the coach was fired five games into the season. The other bit of Lakers news is that backup swingman Devin Ebanks has reportedly been arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence.

Mike Bresnahan M @mike _Bresnahan

Lakers forward Devin Ebanks arrested on suspicion of DUI this morning in Los Angeles, The Times has learned.

dang,..shit was starting to get real serious brah!

Jan 12, 2006
Damn, didn't Ironlungs call it like a week ago?
yeah

KEVIN DING ‏ K @Kevin Ding
I have yet to be informed of any obstacle from the Lakers' side or Phil Jackson's side that would preclude him coming back.
@KBergCBS

D'Antoni has the obvious Steve Nash connection, and is a favorite of Kobe Bryant from their long-time Team USA association.
M @mike _Bresnahan

Candidates to replace Mike Brown could include Jerry Sloan, Mike D'Antoni and...Phil Jackson. The Lakers have not contacted Jackson yet.
The way Mitch Kupchak is talking, all fingers point at Phil Jackson making a comeback, I think Mike D'Antoni/Sloan are the back up plan.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
Phil Jackson Cancelled Appearance as Keynote Speaker For Next Week, the Day Before the Lakers Job Opened

Phil Jackson was scheduled to be the keynote speaker at a Schwab event in Chicago next week that will have upwards of 3,000 attendees. In what was called a “last minute development”, the former Lakers and Bulls head coach will be replaced, of course, by Alan Alda.

Marcus Vick ‏@MVFive
Phil Jackson just arrived back n L.A. Just seen him @ LAX. Let's go Phil get the Lakers back right.
Ha! Mike Vicks bro just seen Phil, Lakers obviously have already spoke to Phil Jackson. No way you fire Mike Brown without having a coach or two in mind.