The Game Steals a Mac Dre Line

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 13, 2003
www.djluicidal.com
In The Game's new track "I'm Chillin" off the "Doctor's Advocate" he spits a line saying "I stay on nigga's mind like a New Era."

This line is very similar to the line spit by the late Mac Dre on the song "Get Dookie Wit It". Mac Dre states "I get on a nigga head like a New Era."

The two are very similar and The Game is a Mac Dre fan, so he could be biting him thinking no one will notice.

Listen for yourselves.............

Edit: no file sharing

Dec 21, 2005
dre said "i'll get on a nigga head like a new era" it aint the same but dat nigga still stole it n most niggas will probly never know

May 12, 2004
Lo-Lo said:
dre said "i'll get on a nigga head like a new era" it aint the same but dat nigga still stole it n most niggas will probly never know
and i dont see it as stealing...you've never heard a rapper us another rappers line...its kinda like payin respect...he probably thought it was tight and decided to use it..Jay-Z qoutes Biggie alot..alot of bay area rappers use lines form other people...didnt Husalah use a couple Big Daddy kane lines???..I've never heard people bitchin about that

Apr 26, 2006
DukeNaintEZ said:
and i dont see it as stealing...you've never heard a rapper us another rappers line...its kinda like payin respect...he probably thought it was tight and decided to use it..Jay-Z qoutes Biggie alot..alot of bay area rappers use lines form other people...didnt Husalah use a couple Big Daddy kane lines???..I've never heard people bitchin about that
you're supposed to switch up the line a little bit. just repeating it word for word is biting, thats not fly. just because jay-z does it doesn't mean its not biting.

this is the way i've heard it since like the mid 80s [when most of u nigglets was born :knockout: ]

May 12, 2004
malaki said:
you're supposed to switch up the line a little bit. just repeating it word for word is biting, thats not fly. just because jay-z does it doesn't mean its not biting.

this is the way i've heard it since like the mid 80s [when most of u nigglets was born :knockout: ]

did you even listen to the samples??? he doesnt say the EXACT same line, so what your sayin doesnt make sense...does it..andI was just using Jay-Z as a example... i was born in 78 by the way

Apr 24, 2006
do you know how many people have said, "stayin on top of a nigga like a new era" or something very close to that??? i know off top that Lil Wayne, T.I., Memphis Bleek, Freeway, Cassidy, and a im sure there are some that I'm missing, have all said this.....what's next....the next nigga to say "hip hop" in a song, is bitin Sugar Hill.....calm down.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
DukeNaintEZ said:
man, payin respects is like what short did

"crazy bitches in vip....they came wit DRE, they dont need I.D."

thats payin respects

May 26, 2006
Lesane said:
well my point is, a lot of artists in the industry steal a lot from Bay Area artists then use them like its their material. just found it interesting.

Alot of Bay area artist steal east coast midwest down south and LA shit too its nothing new its called "i feel that too," the Game probably felt mac dre...MM

Aug 14, 2006
Lesane said:
In The Game's new track "I'm Chillin" off the "Doctor's Advocate" he spits a line saying "I stay on nigga's mind like a New Era."

This line is very similar to the line spit by the late Mac Dre on the song "Get Dookie Wit It". Mac Dre states "I get on a nigga head like a New Era."

The two are very similar and The Game is a Mac Dre fan, so he could be biting him thinking no one will notice.

Listen for yourselves.............
alot of muthafuckas do dat i dont really think this one is biting cuz tha line is generic imean cum on now who culdnt make "get on a nigga head like a new era" or "on niggas mind like a new era"

now if he said i use 2 sale yay on tha streets of tha cpt but now i slang game on cassettes and cds
unoe shit like dat then u'll know he got that from dre

Jul 23, 2003
every rapper steals a line from another one it's called respectin their creativity but then lil butt hurt bitches started calling it "bitin" i can see there's some of those females in this thread.