The Definitive "Welcome to Strangeland" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 2, 2005
Something worth noting...

"Welcome to Strangeland" at Best Buy
"Welcome to Strangeland" (Deluxe Edition) at Best Buy

No details yet, but... yeah. I guess it was only a matter of time before Tech jumped on the annoying marketing bandwagon of releasing a couple different "Deluxe/Exclusive" versions to inflate says by exploiting your more die-hard fans. It started with the FYE bonues, then the Strange bonuses, onto the iTunes exclusives and then Best Buy joined the mix. Still surprised Target didn't get anything for All 6's and 7's. Best Buy and Target I think are the two retailers that generally get the exclusives. Anyway....

EDIT: Amazon also has two listings, I'm assuming for a standard and deluxe edition.
I enjoy alot of deluxe edition of things, i mean hey, if you don't want it dont buy it.

Feb 28, 2008
Something worth noting...

"Welcome to Strangeland" at Best Buy
"Welcome to Strangeland" (Deluxe Edition) at Best Buy

No details yet, but... yeah. I guess it was only a matter of time before Tech jumped on the annoying marketing bandwagon of releasing a couple different "Deluxe/Exclusive" versions to inflate says by exploiting your more die-hard fans. It started with the FYE bonues, then the Strange bonuses, onto the iTunes exclusives and then Best Buy joined the mix. Still surprised Target didn't get anything for All 6's and 7's. Best Buy and Target I think are the two retailers that generally get the exclusives. Anyway....

EDIT: Amazon also has two listings, I'm assuming for a standard and deluxe edition.
I don't think he's exploiting fans. It's more best buy sayin' "hey buy this shit here and you get this". Tryin to increase sales for there store.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Some information on the Deluxe Edition as well as a couple more titles...

On his latest installment of the Collabos imprint, Welcome to Strangeland, Tech N9ne invites you into his world -- a world like no other. Like his previous Collabos projects, Welcome to Strangeland combines original beats with a collection of some of his favorite artists.

This time around, it's a strictly Strange Music affair -- with features like Stevie Stone, Mayday, Brotha Lynch Hung and Young Bleed, as well as Strange Music staples like Krizz Kaliko, Kutt Calhoun and the 816 Boys, Welcome to Strangeland makes sure you meet its renowned residents. Tracks like "Cocky", "Unfair" and "Bang Out" take listeners on a guided rout of Tech N9ne's perfect place. As the follow up to the highly successful album, All 6's and 7's (which debuted as the #1 Billboard Independent album and #4 on the Billboard Top 200), Welcome to Strangeland is definitely an invitation that the world is waiting for. With an impressive roster of features as well as three Tech N9ne solo tracks, Welcome to Strangeland is somewhere you'll definitely want to spend some time.

Welcome to Strangeland is available in both a standard edition and a deluxe version (limited to 30k units). The deluxe version will include bonus audio tracks on the CD and a limited edition Welcome to Strangeland medallion (retail value $49.99).
Glad to see the deluxe edition is supposed to have the bonus tracks on the CD. This also says that 300,000 samplers will be distributed, but... how long has it been since we've seen samplers?