The Definitive "Welcome to Strangeland" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 31, 2005
damn i break my foot and look what happens when I don't use the internet for a few days.....just preordered all 3 of the cds.....

anyone got any idea who produced BM?
just from the sound of it I'd say DSII, really doubt it's seven and the beat is structured similar to other DSII beats

Plus on the musical end some of Techs biggest hits are on Collabs. Midwest Choppers, Areola, Welcome to the Midwest, Peseo..just to name a few. Oh and for people that dont think that OGMP had hits...shit just the fact that OG was on constant rotation in KC was a big deal for Tech IMO. He normally dosent get a lot of radio play in the town so for him to be on the Hot 8 @ 8 on 103.3 with that song was huge.
OG had zero redeeming qualities, I have never deleted a tech album off my pc/ipod before bad season was ok but seemed like a fuckin masterpiece next to OGMP, maybe the OG track got play in KC but that doesnt mean it was of quality

as far as the collabo albums, MLK is amazing, feels like a normal Tech album over different style beats with features you wouldnt normally find on Tech albums at the time with the same drive he had on ER. That was the last time I heard that drive from Tech other then KOD. Sickology had decent beat selection but overall wasnt there, but it still shits all over OGMP.

Strange as a whole has lost that drive or motivation. Maybe it isnt that, but the quality of music from top to bottom is way down sans Lynch. Kaliko made a decent album in Vitiligo and a great album in Genius, Kutt has been off since after Bleve, and then theres Scoob. 6's and 7's is a good album, but it isnt great. Since 2006 I can count the great Strange releases on one hand

Aug 16, 2003
just from the sound of it I'd say DSII, really doubt it's seven and the beat is structured similar to other DSII beats

OG had zero redeeming qualities, I have never deleted a tech album off my pc/ipod before bad season was ok but seemed like a fuckin masterpiece next to OGMP, maybe the OG track got play in KC but that doesnt mean it was of quality

as far as the collabo albums, MLK is amazing, feels like a normal Tech album over different style beats with features you wouldnt normally find on Tech albums at the time with the same drive he had on ER. That was the last time I heard that drive from Tech other then KOD. Sickology had decent beat selection but overall wasnt there, but it still shits all over OGMP.

Strange as a whole has lost that drive or motivation. Maybe it isnt that, but the quality of music from top to bottom is way down sans Lynch. Kaliko made a decent album in Vitiligo and a great album in Genius, Kutt has been off since after Bleve, and then theres Scoob. 6's and 7's is a good album, but it isnt great. Since 2006 I can count the great Strange releases on one hand
To say that OG has no redeeming qualities is crazy IMO. Just because hes talking about something other then being sad or FTI dosent mean shit is bad. I love the fact that he changed up the pace for this collab album and had some pretty solid verses on there.

And to say that Strang has lost drive? What the hell are you talking about? These guys tour and make music damn near every day of the year and have been for damn near 12 years! Plus everyone talks about how Gates was lacluster...well look @ what came after it 6's and 7's....thats what he was working on while GMP was getting play. He was probably working harder on that project then MP since that was his next solo project.

Plus GMP has this song on it....talk about some OG Tech sounding shit

Aug 31, 2005
they have the drive to make money i never questioned that, touring is their bread and butter, but can anyone really say the quality of music hasnt dropped?

Jan 16, 2007
If were talking about shitty Seven beats (and I don't think there are many).....

yes I think OG does suck but is no way in hell worse than KC Tea......everything about that song was disappointing, EVERYTHING

oh and for the record the album cover looks like it was all Photoshop, but done so so shitty, I honestly believe I could freehand a better cover in Microsoft Paint

Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
I like the album cover idea and direction, just think the actual execution wasnt so great. I say keep the way the cover is just make it more realistic/less photoshoppy. Potentially could have been the coolest collabo album cover

Jan 16, 2007
I actually like the decade of excellence cover and it was so simple but your right more realism.....

the cover compare to the other covers is like GMP beats to the other albums beats

Aug 31, 2005
If were talking about shitty Seven beats (and I don't think there are many).....

yes I think OG does suck but is no way in hell worse than KC Tea......everything about that song was disappointing, EVERYTHING

oh and for the record the album cover looks like it was all Photoshop, but done so so shitty, I honestly believe I could freehand a better cover in Microsoft Paint
i was referring to OPMP in general

Jul 3, 2008
mixplate had some dope songs on it...f u pay me is DOPE untill the 2nd verse starts...then u gotta change it. far out, loud, paper, og, gamer, jumpin jax, pow pow, 100, HARVEY DENT, after party, too many girls...pu wah wah is funny...

all that is good music

s101 is DOPE....MLK is on par wit a lot of his solo albums imo

yall overreacting to the collabos being wack...calm down..its good music

Jul 14, 2004
i have higher hopes for this than any of the previous.

This is the cd alot more "new" fans will see so tech might not change his style up so bad plus this album only features artist on the label which is good.
Yeah looking fwd to this as I do all tech's music.

Casperog, come back to the board in a few years. thanks mayn.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Something worth noting...

"Welcome to Strangeland" at Best Buy
"Welcome to Strangeland" (Deluxe Edition) at Best Buy

No details yet, but... yeah. I guess it was only a matter of time before Tech jumped on the annoying marketing bandwagon of releasing a couple different "Deluxe/Exclusive" versions to inflate says by exploiting your more die-hard fans. It started with the FYE bonues, then the Strange bonuses, onto the iTunes exclusives and then Best Buy joined the mix. Still surprised Target didn't get anything for All 6's and 7's. Best Buy and Target I think are the two retailers that generally get the exclusives. Anyway....

EDIT: Amazon also has two listings, I'm assuming for a standard and deluxe edition.