The Definitive "Welcome to Strangeland" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
No. Tech said they fit the sound of a Strange artist and are on the album as guests. One could only hope the only person who got signed after this album dropped would be Liz.

Aug 31, 2005
are we sure no skits? maybe they just arent indicated on the tracklist, lets say:
1. Stars (intro)
5. Who Do I Catch (skit)
16. I Need A Drink (skit)
18. EMJ (outro)

just to be safe, still only about half as many as normal

and I guess that cover art is final...thats old school no limit placeholder level of shittyness

also, is it odd that no outlets have this listed in their database? including amazon

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Who Do I Catch is a single. Emotional Musical Journey is a song, too.

This album is supposed to be telling one story from beginning to end ala King Diamond/his entire catalog or Violent J/Wizard of the Hood.

There very likely may not be any skits.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Or they'll be those song intros/outros we've gotten on a few releases as of late as opposed to broken off into its own track (which is usually worse, as then you can't skip or not rip/sync them). But as LDS states, we know that EMJ is a track (and will feature vocals from "everyone" on the tour)

also, is it odd that no outlets have this listed in their database? including amazon
The track listing? It's really not too strange. When it comes to the label's releases, it's not uncommon for the track listing (and snippets) not to go up until about a week before release. Which is why there has been a time or two that the leak is what gave us the track listing!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Right, Kain. I had thought about that after I posted. Stamping a skit onto the end of a track, then leading into the next song seems to work at concealing skits from consumers.

Aug 31, 2005
The track listing? It's really not too strange. When it comes to the label's releases, it's not uncommon for the track listing (and snippets) not to go up until about a week before release. Which is why there has been a time or two that the leak is what gave us the track listing!
was referring to pre-order/coming soon which typically appear on sites month or sooner before release

Jan 16, 2007
oh and is it possible I need A Drink, The Real Thing, and EMJ could be the Best Buy bonus tracks, cuz I know Tech said in an interview the "Gods" was the last track on the album.....

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
was referring to pre-order/coming soon which typically appear on sites month or sooner before release
The album is up at Best Buy and Amazon, haven't checked elsewhere.

oh and is it possible I need A Drink, The Real Thing, and EMJ could be the Best Buy bonus tracks, cuz I know Tech said in an interview the "Gods" was the last track on the album.....
He also stated that there would be 18 tracks, so... plans may have changed in regards to the last track.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
They could have put it out in other ways though, just look at The Noose or what they've done previously with XXL. Putting a track that is on the album out as a "free download" when you pre-order the album is an underhanded sales tactic if you ask me.

Jan 29, 2006
They could have put it out in other ways though, just look at The Noose or what they've done previously with XXL. Putting a track that is on the album out as a "free download" when you pre-order the album is an underhanded sales tactic if you ask me.
Today on shade 45 tech debuted "My Favorite" feat BLH and Prozak. anyone hear it?

Feb 28, 2008
That album cover is even worse than that bootleg sickology one that was around for awhile... Meh.
Lol....... why thank you.

Who knew when this fake tracklist got made up that wayne and T-pain were actually goin to be on a tech track.

I don't even have this saved on my computer anymore but when I googled sickology it was on the second page ha ha.