The Bay Our Position in The Industry & WHY!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
Okay why does KYLD get a pass? They came strong in the hyphy era gave fab a radio show but now they dont play nothing from the bay and people dont ever make reference to them? They are clear channel owned like Kmel and there in the 4th largest radio market as well.
They switched their format bruh.. thats why FAB show got cancelled.. They ONLY play top 40..

Apr 7, 2004
^^^^^^I know you cats aren't going to keep arguing. Im sure there's some truth to what both yall is saying. But right now that shit isn't getting anybody any where.

The bay is in a bad state right now yes from coast to coast(Northwest,westcoast,eastcoast,Downsouth). Im a fan of bay music but right now I haven't copt shit from the bay since spring. Why? Cause im tired of hyphy for one and the bay is not the south so stop making south music. Cats in the south hear this shit and think why the fuck is they trying to sound like they from the south.
How can this be fixed? Let me see the bay start doing they own thing. When the bay was doing they own thing it gave yall longevity. When the industry took hyphy as a gimmick the bay some how died out with the gimmick. The bay needs to support one another and stop thinking about how the next city or region is doing things and I think the bay will do good. Shit I want the bay to blow up so lets make it happen

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
Danity Kane Damaged
Lil Wayne Feat. Static Major Lollipop
Pitbull Feat. Trina & Young Bo$$ Go Girl
Kardinal Offishall Feat. Akon Dangerous
Enur Feat. Natasja Calabria
Jordin Sparks Duet With Chris Brown No Air
Chris Brown Forever
Leona Lewis Bleeding Love
Plies Feat. Ne-Yo Bust It Baby Part 2
Katy Perry I Kissed A Girl
Jesse McCartney Leavin'
Colby O'Donis Feat. Akon What You Got
Estelle Feat. Kanye West American Boy
Kanye West Feat. Chris Martin Homecoming
Usher Feat. Young Jeezy Love In This Club
Flo Rida Feat. T-Pain Low
Rihanna Take A Bow
Lil Wayne Feat. T-Pain Got Money
Ray J & Yung Berg Sexy Can I
Rihanna Don't Stop The Music
Timbaland Feat. Keri Hilson The Way I Are
Sean Kingston Take You There
DJ Felli Fel Feat. Ne-Yo, Fabolous, Kanye West & Jermaine Dupri Finer Things
Fergie Clumsy
Flo Rida Feat. will.i.am In The Ayer
The-Dream I Luv Your Girl
Chris Brown With You
Alicia Keys No One
Three 6 Mafia Feat. Project Pat, Young D & Superpower Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body) Ne-Yo Closer
And this is why WILD gets a pass bruh.. Rhythmic station: rythmic top 40.. KMEL is a rhythmic station but with an Urban format..

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
cats gotta support local artist, artist gotta keep making good music,cats that got on or get on gotta stay humble i know a few cats over the years that got a little fame and acted big headed not just in the bay but people i know in L.A. also on a positive note Im feeling a lot of the videos that are coming out best of luck to all yall the rest of this year and next keep god first and you can do anything you put your mind to do props to SIC WIT IT,DONE DEAL,E AND K,JACKA,ALL IN DA DOE,S.W.FEDERATION,FAB,TIMELESS,JIMMIE REIGN,EDDIE P,YUK,C-4,JAZZY JIM,STACY CUNNINGHAM,TKASH,SACTOWN RADIO FOR THE RADIO SUPPORT and everyone else that showed love with my kids project a lot of yall did not have to be a part of it but did

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
I love how I've been DJing in the Bay for 15 years...Done radio, clubs, mixes etc and I still hafta basically BEG Bay Area artists for songs to help them out lol...Or worse yet I hafta download them....But yet I get service from even SMALL indie labels in the South and East Coast with every new thing they drop and they'll do drops for me or whatever....It's just a hunger that is there. They don't have anything that we don't (I'm speaking of the indies). But I've said it a million times. Gettin' yer shit to DJs whether they're on the radio or not is super important. Alot of street DJs have followings and people who buy shit based on what they heard from them.

It is what it is tho, shit ain't gonna change any time soon.

And for the record, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just venting and givin' my 2 cents

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
I love how I've been DJing in the Bay for 15 years...Done radio, clubs, mixes etc and I still hafta basically BEG Bay Area artists for songs to help them out lol...Or worse yet I hafta download them....But yet I get service from even SMALL indie labels in the South and East Coast with every new thing they drop and they'll do drops for me or whatever....It's just a hunger that is there. They don't have anything that we don't (I'm speaking of the indies). But I've said it a million times. Gettin' yer shit to DJs whether they're on the radio or not is super important. Alot of street DJs have followings and people who buy shit based on what they heard from them.

And for the record, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just venting and givin' my 2 cents
Whats ur email for MP3's?

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com

Cosign 100%, but from a blog perspective. I've supported Bay Area music in multiple ways for YEARS, but only a handful from the Bay bother to get their music to me to post on my site. Yet I get 15 to 20 tracks PER DAY from artists OUTSIDE the Bay, all asking me to post their music.

Shoutouts to the few who always get me their music... Apt. 3, Relevent Music, RCeason.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Whats ur email for MP3's?
[email protected]

I just wanted to add that I've stuck with the Bay shit thru thick an thin....When I was DJ'in at 2-3am on Wild 94.9 I was suspended for playin' "Don't Gimme No Bammer Weed" lol...When I was mixshow director at Hot 98.7 I had hella Bay shit in rotation and certain DJ's there who are now all "Bay Wid It" complained and wanted more reggaeton and dancehall (don't ask who, let's just move on). So I've done my fair share of supporting the scene. And it sucks having to feel like a groupie with some labels just to get music and drops from them.

I've helped break records for cats that were once unknown but that kinda shit just seems like it doesn't mean anything anymore.

Dz Nutts Radio

dznuttsradio.com
Jan 27, 2008
www.dznutts.com

2ND THAT

Dz Nutts Radio

dznuttsradio.com
Jan 27, 2008
www.dznutts.com
[email protected]

I just wanted to add that I've stuck with the Bay shit thru thick an thin....When I was DJ'in at 2-3am on Wild 94.9 I was suspended for playin' "Don't Gimme No Bammer Weed" lol...When I was mixshow director at Hot 98.7 I had hella Bay shit in rotation and certain DJ's there who are now all "Bay Wid It" complained and wanted more reggaeton and dancehall (don't ask who, let's just move on). So I've done my fair share of supporting the scene. And it sucks having to feel like a groupie with some labels just to get music and drops from them.

I've helped break records for cats that were once unknown but that kinda shit just seems like it doesn't mean anything anymore.
THAT TOO

Dec 2, 2006
very simple but important tasks get overolooked.

this one is a very important one. thats why a team and a plan are so important. theres so many "free" resources for these kinda projects that get overlooked. it takes some time to creat lists of contacts, e-mails, etc. office 2007 merge mail is of great value to those that can understand why you would use it to get packages out to directors, dj's, radio personalities, etc. personalized. but as indie artists and labels get created, theres only one or two individuals committed and they will overlook somethings and or just are too street oriented and young to understand business concepts. people have jobs in management, promotions, etc. for a reason. their importance is so overlooked by indie labels . time is money but creativity can overcome these time consuming obstacles. but thats a piece of knowledge ill keep in the cuts until my timings right.

Oct 28, 2003
1st off Lets talk about E-40 when Tell Made when to Go came out 75% of The Bay was real happy our Culture was finally put on Tv and getting National attention but there 25% that was mad saying he bit Mac Dre and he is in the way" why dont he retire and let the young cats shine" we heard it all! And then that 25% turned into 50% cuz people our followers so instead of looking back and judgeing for themselves they go by what the next person thinks. Also what people fail to realize is when 40 and the federation did hyphy DRE was ALIVE & well doing HIS thing not worrying about what the next man was doing he was putting his Mac dre thing down! But look its been almost 2 years since his album came out and 2 since tell me when to go and NOONE IS ON! NOONE IS ON TV, NOONE ELSE IS BRINGING LIGHT TO US! not only that The Bay is more DEAD than ever, so maybe we should rally behind him this time and when the light does come back have our business together so more people can get deals and be able to shine instead of sitting back hatin or giving an opinion thats obviously is wrong! cuz if we had al the answer we wouldnt be in this position. This aint a defend 40 thread forreal i just travel alot and i know what people think of us and to come home and hear and read about us hating on each other is disgusting! Support the real shit and be apart of the Solution not the problem
I see what your saying, but that is on this site. The Bay and Radio supported the Hell out of 40. He had radio shows and spins out of this world on kmel and he sold of that probably 70% of his last album on the backs of the Bays rap music consumers. I mean Really...what has 40 done for the Bay in return? I'm not behind the the scence like you are, but it seems like he looks out for 40 and that is cool, but that is a Bay artist doing well for himself...not a cat sacrificing some if his shine to bring up the region. I respect 40's grind, but when a team loses the game or has a shitty season the ''leader'' of the team catches Hell...this is the way of the world- not just the Bay rap world.

Jul 13, 2007
www.hottsauce.com
we need less hate and more support and love ! there is alot of talent in the bay area, but theres alot of talent in the bay that doesnt know shyt about the buisness side of things, so they fuck up there chances of big money or success, for the small fast money in the bay and when the fire burns out, we wonder why they didnt blow? this game is alot more than just a hot song. the industry makes shyty songs hott songs! thats easy part, but how are you goin to keep there attention? what areas are you goin to hit? whats your focus , what fan base are you goin for? what makes you differnt from all the million of wannabee cRAP artist out there? and the the warriors said it best "WE BELIEVE". fuck wat everyone is saying about the bay being dead. or the hyphy movement is over, who cares? but sum of are own people , are own supports of the bay area start saying that same shyt , and then the next man tells the next man, we hurting are selves! we make are own artist doubt them selves, so they wait and push back there projects , scared of not getin enough buzz or sales. and b4 you know it, time passes them bye, and they waited to long.

LETS STAY FOCUS, AND STOP HATING!

"HATING IS THE NEW SNITCHING" ----------- WHY HATE? --------

WWW.WHYHATEME.COM

the question with no answer! "WHY HATE?"

www.myspace.com/whyhateclothing

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com

Real spit, Mark. Hey, you know if you ever need drops or new tracks I'm always down to shoot some shit to you. I'm all about networking and gettin' the fuck out there...so holla whenever you need something new man.

Nov 11, 2007
how about if ur an artist u worry about urself and not "the bay"...........

if ur a good artist and a go getter and u got game to spare then u shouldnt have to worry if ur in a dead city/area/reagion.........

people put too much on it, then when it aint poppin where there at they let that be the reason........

if ur musics universal then u can sell universal.if ur home aint doin nothin then it wont affect u..........

ESFCE: u know y Bash blew up? cus my first sentence.he had to move to another state to blow up.........now look at him compared to erybody u mentioned (i never heard the A'z)..............now what u said it right, he aint ever depended on a type of music........

NOW THATS REAL TALK
.....ALSO ^^^ MANAGERS NEED TO STOP CHARGIN $3000 DOLLAZ WHEN THE ARTIST THEY MANAGE ONLY WANNA CHARGE 500 OR LESS OR FREE...WHEN ALL THE PROMOTER TRYING TO DO IS SPREAD THEY ARTIST ....lol

Jul 1, 2008
What is universal music???? Most of the music that comes out the Bay could be successful if given the right exposure....Unfortunately it's gonna' cost a great deal of money.....Having a "Universal" sound is probably something these radio station people tell you so y'all stop begging for free airplay....If y'all really want to get shine on radio and TV its gonna hurt your pocket severely..... Give me one example of a "real" independent artist that has blown up nationally in the last 10-15 years.....It just doesn't happen.....
lol you dont beed money to get exposure you lame ass... get on youtube make something intersting make a myspace page thats all you need.. soulja boy im sure didnt have millions for his campaign... stop being lazy and put it work.. all you need is a video camera the internet and a myspace page and youtube foreals man