The Bay Our Position in The Industry & WHY!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2006
SUPPORT IS THE BIGGEST THING..90% FROM DOWN SOUTH AND MIDWEST ECT MIGHT NOT FUCK WITH EACH OTHER ON A DAY 2 DAY BUT THEY ALL GET TOGETHER WHEN ITS ABOUT MONEY...NOT JUST CATS THAT ARE ALREADY ON BUT NEW CATS WE AINT HEARD OF ARE EATING IN THESE REGIONS CUZ THEY ALL FUCK WITH EACH OTHER..OUT HERE IF YOU AINT IN THA "CIRCLE" CATS AINT TRYING TO FUCK WITH OR SUPPORT YOUR PROJECT..

I HEARD OF NO NAME CATS GETTING FEATURES FROM BAY RAPPERS CHEAPER THEN BAY NIGGAS GET EM...MY 2 CENTS

jotti

Sicc OG
Aug 20, 2005
some folks from OR and AZ and FL whisper the same damn shit tho..."you bay folks are way too arrogant" leave a bad taste n peoples mouths sometimes leadin to the "hate".

May 8, 2008
So much pessimism. I don't agree that the BAY is dead. We have numerous rappers that are making moves and doing they thing. Ya Boy in my opinion is the best rapper on the coast. As much as ppl hate Mistah Fab, he has made a lot of noise this past year, and is touring all over the country wit snoop. The Jacka's single "All Over Me" hit billboards strong. Yukmouth's album "Million Dollar Mouthpiece" was 42 on the charts, with hardly any support from Rap-A-Lot. San Quinn & Messy Marv still going strong independently. And E-40 still doing his thang. If u from the BAY, stop listening to what outsiders are saying, and support BAY music.

Mar 6, 2006
THIS IS TRUE BUT WE DONT BLOW UP CUZ NIGGAS COPY SHIT AND CANT DO THEY OWN SHIT EVERYBODY WANNA BE HYPHY THEY WANNA POP PILLZ WHAT THE FUCK DONT COPY MAC DRE HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD OF PULLED THAT HYPHY SHIT OFF THATS WHY E-40 AND EVERYONE ELSE NEED TO BRING THAT MOBB MUSIC BACK AND YEA WHAT THE FUCK AINT NO THUGS AND GANGSTAS IN DUBLIN OR WALNUT CREEK HAHAHAHAHA

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
READ CAREFULLY..

E-40 tipped it off, and did great numbers. He had the money to do so for one. 2: he has the right relationships and background. 40 been puttin in work for over 20yrs.. he deserved what he got in 06..

BUT: he also spawned alotta NEW (actually new) rappers. 50% of the these Bay niggaz didn't start rapping til the Hyphy shit popped off. I own a studio and 06 was when my bizness booooomed like fucked! On da 1.. These are the people that saturate the market for the Bay..

AND YES: the fans have to go out and support these artists, but they have to like it 1st. I purchased Keak's "Sneakacydal", "Hi Tek", and "Copium".. and was satisfied completely.. "Deified" was a failed attempt. He's better than that. He cut corners on the marketing. Cheap ass video.. no real single. These niggaz gotta start taking their career more serious. And they must keep their core fans in mind at all times. Stick to what works. Keak thought his name alone would do his usual numbers. And he was wrong.

The BAY: we're in a culture where the DJ is bigger than the artist. Which is waaaaay backwards. Not all, but most are trying to have the swagga of a rapper.. but they get real recognition ONLY when they break the new hit 1st.. but this DJ-Rapper/Rapper-DJ thing goes hand in hand. If music is good, SPIN THAT SHIT! Point blank.. Club and radio. I understand that DJs get swarmed constantly, but all that can be handled accordingly. DJs honestly don't wanna be outshined out here. I won't name anyone specific, but there are some REAL djs out here that fuck with ANY1 thats dope! And you got the ones that only fuck with the artists thats referred by another artists, or "friends" and "associates".. The Bay has too many biased LEADERS!!! And thats what you are.. LEADERS! Organization is key, and if torches and spotlights were delegated correctly, things might have a chance out here. People aren't playing this game like chess.. niggaz playing checkers. Quick to jump, when you can use pawns to get the job done.

----Don't get me wrong.. I love the concept of the DJ.. but most aren't following protocol. Support goes 360 degrees.

As far as fans tho (In closing): people don't like to try new things. New face, new name, new sound. "Who da fuck is..." "what da fuck is...." all comes to a muhfuckaz mouth when a new song comes. Shut up and listen and judge after you've had a thorough listen.

ps: look at a man's grind and that ALONE should make you curious about his music.

---Good shit Chuck.

www.myspace.com/evenoddsob
www.imeem.com/officialevenoddspage

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
E-40 tipped it off, and did great numbers. He had the money to do so for one. 2: he has the right relationships and background. 40 been puttin in work for over 20yrs.. he deserved what he got in 06..

BUT: he also spawned alotta NEW (actually new) rappers. 50% of the these Bay niggaz didn't start rapping til the Hyphy shit popped off. I own a studio and 06 was when my bizness booooomed like fucked! On da 1.. These are the people that saturate the market for the Bay..

AND YES: the fans have to go out and support these artists, but they have to like it 1st. I purchased Keak's "Sneakacydal", "Hi Tek", and "Copium".. and was satisfied completely.. "Deified" was a failed attempt. He's better than that. He cut corners on the marketing. Cheap ass video.. no real single. These niggaz gotta start taking their career more serious. And they must keep their core fans in mind at all times. Stick to what works. Keak thought his name alone would do his usual numbers. And he was wrong.

The BAY: we're in a culture where the DJ is bigger than the artist. Which is waaaaay backwards. Not all, but most are trying to have the swagga of a rapper.. but they get real recognition ONLY when they break the new hit 1st.. but this DJ-Rapper/Rapper-DJ thing goes hand in hand. If music is good, SPIN THAT SHIT! Point blank.. Club and radio. I understand that DJs get swarmed constantly, but all that can be handled accordingly. DJs honestly don't wanna be outshined out here. I won't name anyone specific, but there are some REAL djs out here that fuck with ANY1 thats dope! And you got the ones that only fuck with the artists thats referred by another artists, or "friends" and "associates".. The Bay has too many biased LEADERS!!! And thats what you are.. LEADERS! Organization is key, and if torches and spotlights were delegated correctly, things might have a chance out here. People aren't playing this game like chess.. niggaz playing checkers. Quick to jump, when you can use pawns to get the job done.

----Don't get me wrong.. I love the concept of the DJ.. but most aren't following protocol. Support goes 360 degrees.

As far as fans tho (In closing): people don't like to try new things. New face, new name, new sound. "Who da fuck is..." "what da fuck is...." all comes to a muhfuckaz mouth when a new song comes. Shut up and listen and judge after you've had a thorough listen.

ps: look at a man's grind and that ALONE should make you curious about his music.

---Good shit Chuck.

100% REAL SHIT RIGHT THERE!

From what I've witnessed, it is true that cats don't want to get outshined, which is why they don't put dope new cats on their shit. As far as the bay goes, the association game is big. Popular question is, "Who fucks with this cat?". If the answer is "Nobody yet", nobody is fuckin' with that artist. We lack creativity and originality...most cats like to hop on bandwagons out here. Finally, when there is a cat that is being original and doing his own thing, folks are quick to say he's garbo and they leave it at that.

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
i say DJ Felli Fell, Jt, and that Kmel dude are fucking up the game

Dj felli fell shitted on the westcoast when he said in xxlmag.. that he's not from westcoast, he's from atlanta, and how much he wants to work with atlanta's rappers
and he charges outrageous prices to play your record

Big Von makes things look messy for the bay, disorganized etc.

Yukmouth shits on everybody, even his own crew, one of the reason i stopped listening to most of his affiliates, because there is no respect for anything, calling one of his members "chingy bitch" or something like that, how am i gonna listen to your record comfortably after finding out your rapper's are idiots

and Jt sells hope without any sort real plan and goals, when a rapper starts doing it big,
he pulls out their old wack records and calls them "new hot shit" from so an so.. but its actually old wack stuff they did back in the day

the self helf scheme makes the westcoast look bad too

i think if we got shit straight, we would pull up way more money than we do now

Jun 26, 2007
i mean no disrespect when I say this, but this thread is hella weak. You're blaming the fans for the Bay's current state of affairs? c'mon dog, it's the artists' fault. if the fans like the music, they'll buy it (see Lil Wayne's numbers). we've all spent money on wack albums just to support the movement and I think most of us are tired of getting burned. I'm not disagreeing with you about 40's new one, i definitely think we should all go out and buy it. But be real, the reason Keak still hasn't broken 10K is because of his own doing. same with everyone else around here. The Team, Federation, Yuk, Pack, Keak, Big Rich, Marv, Fab, Quinn, Turf, Jay Tee, Short, etc. all of them have come with some disappointing releases. a lot of them banked on hyphy when the trend was dying out. some of them blew their own deals and some of them just left fans waiting for too long.

don't blame the fans. it's not our fault.
from the outside looking in, true.

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
why is it that musicians that dont rep they bay are doing damage

keyshia cole, and baby bash are doin damage out there

but when e-40 tries to rep the bay, he gets shitted on like every artist that reps the bay does

WHY

Dec 11, 2005
So much pessimism. I don't agree that the BAY is dead. We have numerous rappers that are making moves and doing they thing. Ya Boy in my opinion is the best rapper on the coast. As much as ppl hate Mistah Fab, he has made a lot of noise this past year, and is touring all over the country wit snoop. The Jacka's single "All Over Me" hit billboards strong. Yukmouth's album "Million Dollar Mouthpiece" was 42 on the charts, with hardly any support from Rap-A-Lot. San Quinn & Messy Marv still going strong independently. And E-40 still doing his thang. If u from the BAY, stop listening to what outsiders are saying, and support BAY music.
On point. Theres some really good points in this thread that rappers/Bay Area rap fans alike should take note.

Jun 26, 2007
why is it that musicians that dont rep they bay are doing damage

keyshia cole, and baby bash are doin damage out there

but when e-40 tries to rep the bay, he gets shitted on like every artist that reps the bay does

WHY
As an R&B Artist I don't think its important for you to display where you are from - nor is it necessary for Keyshia Cole to constantly beat people over the head with the fact that she's from the bay - especially at this point in her career, its blatantly obvious and fairly represented in her show with BET.

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
Quit focusing on KMEL what about kyld,kdon,kwin,kbos,kewb,khtn,kisv,kseq,ksfm,kbmb,kwwv,kyzz,and kbds. ALL these stations are rhytmic radio, all within 200 miles of the bay and there not playing your so called hit records either. If you cant get these stations to play your record then why should the number 3 station in the country play your record?
Most of the stations you've named, except for KYLD and KWIN, look at whats hot on KMEL bruh.. KMEL is setting the standard of what is a "hit"..

Feb 18, 2006
I think were in the situation is because of too many people swagger hating, and I also think theres some bad business plaguing the Bay Area...people need to learn how to give instead of just take...how many people are really working on the Bay Area when it comes to managemnt pr and promotions, and to those people, we all need to stop dealing with those shady personalitues that make it harder from some one outta town to see the real in us! We all have sposored and promoted people in the bay area who have hurt us...we need to start scouting us some loyal/sincere talent...i think were getting close to a new uprise of youngsters, and time to kick the og's back yet further. We need young people pushin the artistic boundries all the while not hating or promoting hyphy, yet spreading our culture on hyphy without [painting this fucking colorful rave gimmick!

S.V

Sicc OG
Jan 10, 2006
www.wontstoprecords.com

---Good shit Chuck.

One Of The Best Post In This Thread Along With Mine On Page 1 YA HEARD ME!!! Naw 4 Real Though D.E.O Thats Real Real Real Spit My Nigga Every Thing You Said About The D.J Shit,, Aint It Aint The Fans Responsibility If A Nigga Gone Buy Yo Shit He Gone Buy It Point Blank If Not That's Always His Free Option.....................:siccness:

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
Who ever told you that is lies bruh. Kmel is a urban station all those other staions are rhythmic stations they do not pattern off eachother. KMEL is not playing vic get silly,game games pain,kardnial offishal ft. akon dangerous,3-6 mafia lolli lolli, baby bash ft keith sweat, colby adonis, and snoop life of the party. Those songs are getting tons of spins on those other stations.

Kmel put Jacka in power rotation and only kbmb came in stong on the record thats it.

I know a majority of these program directors and trust me kmel is not dictating what they play.
I didn't use the word dictate bruh.. how ever.. KMEL does set a standard of who from the Bay is hot or not... no one is taking chances on new local artists more than KMEL.. if it picks up there.. ONLY THEN, KBMB and etc will pick up on it.

Dec 2, 2006
theres alot knowledge and business minded individuals in this thread.

why don't a few of you get together that eat and breathe music and help some of these youngsters with some talent step their game up. i know its hard dealing with artists and EGO'S but some of you really know what your talking about and alot of stations other than 106.1 and 94.9 are starving for some hot bay shit. its mind over matter, thats the hard part no doubt, but like it was said you cant bring back $1,000,000 on even a $20,000 investment overnight, but you could build on it. production is what lacks alot of the time. good mixes make an artist sound that much better. sound quality lacks. spend some money atleast making your music sound right. pay the people that do these things for a living. everyone has pro-tools, little booths, and and call it a studio. theres so much more than that. even the so-called big artists in the bay dont understand this from what i hear in the music. not all though. approach some investors or labels with ya game face on with the music to match and the ball could start rolling. i know alot of people dont like the radio, but reality is if you put together a hit record, you might be the next person really eating. kwin has a 9:00 p.m. battle of local talent everynight. the times i heard it, the music was really shitty. these people will never get signed because its low budget copy cat shit. make your own stamp, your own moves, and do you. fuck what the next cat is doing because that doesn't affect you. you could be the hardest and realist cat in the rap game, but without the right mindset, you won't do shit.