The Bay Our Position in The Industry & WHY!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
1st off Lets talk about E-40 when Tell Made when to Go came out 75% of The Bay was real happy our Culture was finally put on Tv and getting National attention but there 25% that was mad saying he bit Mac Dre and he is in the way" why dont he retire and let the young cats shine" we heard it all! And then that 25% turned into 50% cuz people our followers so instead of looking back and judgeing for themselves they go by what the next person thinks. Also what people fail to realize is when 40 and the federation did hyphy DRE was ALIVE & well doing HIS thing not worrying about what the next man was doing he was putting his Mac dre thing down! But look its been almost 2 years since his album came out and 2 since tell me when to go and NOONE IS ON! NOONE IS ON TV, NOONE ELSE IS BRINGING LIGHT TO US! not only that The Bay is more DEAD than ever, so maybe we should rally behind him this time and when the light does come back have our business together so more people can get deals and be able to shine instead of sitting back hatin or giving an opinion thats obviously is wrong! cuz if we had al the answer we wouldnt be in this position. This aint a defend 40 thread forreal i just travel alot and i know what people think of us and to come home and hear and read about us hating on each other is disgusting! Support the real shit and be apart of the Solution not the problem

S.V

Sicc OG
Jan 10, 2006
www.wontstoprecords.com
And then that 25% turned into 50% cuz people our followers so instead of looking back and judgeing for themselves they go by what the next person thinks.
Yeah Happens 2 Me On Here All The Time.....But On The Topic Exactly Correct The Problem Is Are Culture So That Shit Aint Gone Change Nigga Knock You 4 Leaving The Bay Spreading Our Music 2 The Rest Of The Country, Muthafucka Just Told Me In One Of My Threads I Started 2 Keep Goin Outside The Bay Tryna Impress People Cause I Aint Part Of The Equation Here,lol,lol.... Nigga Dont Understand In My Eyes And My Heart I Am The Equation......But Back On Topic Yeah We Got An Un Fixable Problem Until We Reach The Rest Of The Country And The World They Could Give A Fuck About What We Do Here And What We Sell Here,,This Shit Go Deeper Than Here This Shit About THERE!! And With That Said I Got Bitches In Hella Different States Loving My "GODS MOST BEAUTIFULEST CREATION" old ass song low budget shot ass video,,,But Followers only on Siccness Where I love 2 Post at Hate Cause They Followers But Soon As Someone Congradulate They Follow That Shit Really Dont Suprise Me Though I Know They Watchin And Waiting Until I Fell But Keep Waiting Muthafucka Cause Im Here 2 Help The BAY AREA gain are real reconition That we Lost Ever Since Pac Been Dead IM A REAL BAY NIGGA And I Preach This Shit 2 a muthafucka all the way In Russia If They Listening ,,,WE DONT SAY BYE WE SAY WONT STOP!!!!!!!!!! It's My Movement......................................:cool:

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
thank you for the insight, this should be made vital so anyone that come on here can read it 1st including the many artists that are a part of this community///\\\we need to support our own. I mean look what we did to Keak, dogged him hard. Sure would have been nice had he dropped the CD sooner but he finally did and he has some heaters on there that didnt make any of the million mixtapes out. We have a chance to help Jacka $hort 40 and the many new releases comin out the Hiero Camp...Let turn this ship around from the fans side 4real....

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
THE REASON WHY IS PEOPLE ARE MOVING OUT OF THE BAY MOSTLY IN LOS ANGELES NOW WHERE ITS POPPIN ONCE AGAIN!!! DONT GET ME WRONG THEIR STILL IS TALENT BUT ITS NOT HEARD OF BECAUSE OF FUNDING IM SITTING ON HELLA CLASSICS FROM PEOPLE THAT CAME TO MY STUDIO AND GOT SOME FIRE BUT THE THING IS THEY DONT HAVE THE FUNDS TO PUSH IT ALL THE WAY......DO I FEEL THE BAY IS DEAD NO NOT FROM MY STANDPOINT OF ENGINEERS AND PRODUCERS NO BUT AS FAR AS RAW TALENT YES ITS BEGINNING TO SLOW DOWN BUT I WONT STOP LOOKING FOR THAT ARTIST(S) THIS JUST SHOWS WHO THE REAL PEOPLE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WILL STICK THIS OUT RATHER THEN JUST JUMP SHIP AND DO WHAT THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS SLOW RITE NOW BUT DONT TRIP THINGS WILL BE PICKING UP TRUST......

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I think the bay missed the boat. Im sure E40 will be successful but not as much as he was with Ghetto Report Card. This hyphy shit was new and people were curious about it, they got with it and thats what made that album successful. Even if this new album is big I dont think we will see any aftershocks from it. (other artists getting signed) if any time was the right time it was 2 yrs ago when 40 had his second wind.

Lets look at what happened as a result of E-40 My Ghetto Report Card:

Federation got signed, dropped an album that had no promo, no major single. Their big single Stunna Glasses At Night ended up not getting cleared because of the original singer...

Mistah FAB got a deal, came out with Ghost Ride It single and released a video funded by his own money. That ended up getting pulled. He has yet to release anything

Clyde Carson got a deal with Capitol and although he had a hot single Kingston's hook didnt get cleared so there that went, and hes still on the label waiting

The A'z got signed to TVT and we ended up hearing less from them than when they were indy.

If anyone would have benefited from the situation it would have been Keak but i guess he got tied up with other labels and never got his chance.

Only successful new bay artist that has stayed afloat that I can think of right now is Baby Bash but he got signed way before this hyphy shit and never depended on it....

feel free to add on if I forgot something or you disagree...

Jul 1, 2008
e-40 is that nigga period... he put it his own work. he got out himself and made a name for himself bay cats ain't hustling like 40 did back in they day hell they not doing it like him now. messy put in work... i see some cats on here that put it work too. i see lil rebel from richmond he puts in work i thought high jump champion mixtape was dope. taj he spitz - is a nice talent for the bad but will never get anywere rapping about killing all the time. well he will be a underground legend. i see the critic he is coo from san jose. even some cat from Vallejo that be on here Mr.Manish who name is close to mannish from the team and i thought he change his name to mr manish till i heard him. But yea its hella talent in the bay... ya boy jacka bedda j stalin but they dont make universal music they make bay music or music that they think is hot... only dude that make universal music is Clyde Carson he has the look the voice the everything just need to get it out more. but yea who was a major deal now days... make a myspace and a youtube and generate your own buzz then let the major chase you. real talk.

Jan 22, 2007
e-40 is that nigga period... he put it his own work. he got out himself and made a name for himself bay cats ain't hustling like 40 did back in they day hell they not doing it like him now. messy put in work... i see some cats on here that put it work too. i see lil rebel from richmond he puts in work i thought high jump champion mixtape was dope. taj he spitz - is a nice talent for the bad but will never get anywere rapping about killing all the time. well he will be a underground legend. i see the critic he is coo from san jose. even some cat from Vallejo that be on here Mr.Manish who name is close to mannish from the team and i thought he change his name to mr manish till i heard him. But yea its hella talent in the bay... ya boy jacka bedda j stalin but they dont make universal music they make bay music or music that they think is hot... only dude that make universal music is Clyde Carson he has the look the voice the everything just need to get it out more. but yea who was a major deal now days... make a myspace and a youtube and generate your own buzz then let the major chase you. real talk.
What is universal music???? Most of the music that comes out the Bay could be successful if given the right exposure....Unfortunately it's gonna' cost a great deal of money.....Having a "Universal" sound is probably something these radio station people tell you so y'all stop begging for free airplay....If y'all really want to get shine on radio and TV its gonna hurt your pocket severely..... Give me one example of a "real" independent artist that has blown up nationally in the last 10-15 years.....It just doesn't happen.....

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
all these little kids tryna talk that shit man and maybe some thizz people

but if u were around here during the 90s u know 40 ran shit and u wouldnt say something as ridiculous as fuck e40

if u didnt like him then it was prolly personal but from a rap fans perspective if u were around during the 90s i dont see how u can say fuck 40

Apr 25, 2002
how about if ur an artist u worry about urself and not "the bay"...........

if ur a good artist and a go getter and u got game to spare then u shouldnt have to worry if ur in a dead city/area/reagion.........

people put too much on it, then when it aint poppin where there at they let that be the reason........

if ur musics universal then u can sell universal.if ur home aint doin nothin then it wont affect u..........

ESFCE: u know y Bash blew up? cus my first sentence.he had to move to another state to blow up.........now look at him compared to erybody u mentioned (i never heard the A'z)..............now what u said it right, he aint ever depended on a type of music........

Dec 2, 2006
buy the albums.

support your local artists putting in the effort. putting some money into these projects really making good business moves. everyone has opinions but if you don't buy albums your not helping the solution. its about results, and the bay area needs to support there artists that have a chance at national exposure. not just talent wise, but business wise. wether or not im feeling his new single, e-40 will get a soundscan from me.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
them south niggas dont make universal music they make wat the fuck they wanna make
They do make what they want to make, but the entire south SUPPORTS THEM! The Bay doesn't get to do what they want because nobody in the region is really out there supportin', buying their shit, etc. etc.

Southern artists sell 10's of thousands and hundreds of thousands independently, because they connect with the fans and the fans love what they do, period. That's what the south has that we lack out here in the Bay.