Sting Signs With WWE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Sting has reportedly signed a WWE Legends Contract. Mulitple sources, including PWInsider.com and Rob Feinstein of RFVideo.com, have reported that Sting is in fact negotiating a deal with WWE, and has signed on to officially be labeled a WWE Legend.

PWInsider.com claims that negotiations between Sting and World Wrestling Entertainment are still happening, while Feinstein claims the deal is official. PWInsider‘s report states that a decision will be made between the two parties within the next two weeks.

That report also explains that Sting is still talking with WWE about what kind of schedule he would work and what he is willing to do for the company creatively. Sting has expressed his concern over working with WWE in the past, claiming that he does not trust them creatively, and reports say that he will not be signing with the company if they do not agree to his terms.

As far as the annual murmurings of “Sting jumping ship to the WWE is so he can face The Undertaker at WrestleMania,” reports say that a match between the two icons will not happen, at least not at WrestleMania XXX. However, it is likely that Sting will appear in some way, shape, or form on the “Grandest Stage of them All” in New Orleans on April 6 if he has in fact signed with WWE.

Backstage, many believe that Sting will be a big feature on the WWE Network. As WCW content will be prominent on the WWE Network, Sting is likely to be assigned a position to host many of the former company’s material. In the past, former WCW Champions such as Diamond Dallas Page, Booker T, and “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair have been the faces used to promote and appear on WCW related content produced by WWE. Many believe that using Sting in this fashion would create a new and exciting atmosphere surrounding the endless hours of WCW content that will be available once the WWE Network goes live on Feb. 24.

RFVideo.com‘s Rob Feinstein claims that Sting HAS signed a WWE Legends contract as of Jan. 28. He made the statement on his official Facebook page Tuesday morning, which reads,

“I was just informed Sting has signed a deal with WWE in the last 24 hours. I still think personally he will show up after Mania since it seems like Undertaker vs Brock is what they are aiming for. Reminds me when everyone thought Brock would debut in Miami but they waited for Raw.”

While these are just merely reports from third-party sources, it seems like the WWE Universe is a lot closer to seeing Sting fly the colors of World Wrestling Entertainment for the first time in his illustrious 28 year career.

May 24, 2002
"As far as the annual murmurings of “Sting jumping ship to the WWE is so he can face The Undertaker at WrestleMania,” reports say that a match between the two icons will not happen, at least not at WrestleMania XXX. However, it is likely that Sting will appear in some way, shape, or form on the “Grandest Stage of them All” in New Orleans on April 6 if he has in fact signed with WWE."

I'm so glad it's not happening. Undertaker can carry a healthy younger wrestler to a good match. Sting is old and broken down and really has only had maybe a handful of really good matches his whole career. Him vs taker should have happened a very VERY long time ago

Jan 18, 2006
Sting is a dumbass should have made the jump to WWE a few years ago. Now hes on Hogan status damn near. I understand his original reasoning for not going to WWE when WCW got bought out but to waste the rest of ur career in TNA was pretty retarded. Should have just got a behind the scenes job until he felt comfortable going to WWE

Nov 24, 2003
Sting is a dumbass should have made the jump to WWE a few years ago. Now hes on Hogan status damn near. I understand his original reasoning for not going to WWE when WCW got bought out but to waste the rest of ur career in TNA was pretty retarded. Should have just got a behind the scenes job until he felt comfortable going to WWE

Can't really blame Sting... even a huge star like DDP was buried like a piece of crap

Jan 18, 2006
I already knew that which is why i said i understand his original reasoning. I was more saying he could have waited like 5 years and more if need be to figure out the perfect situation for him being in WWE. Being in TNA as long as he has just has been a terrible situation and was worse case scenario besides never wrestling again

Feb 2, 2006
sting was in some no name wrestling organization 10 15 years ago..i think he was in hwa wrestling or some shit...shit used to be on tv at midnight and there were like 250 people in the audience...sting never wrestled or anything

Feb 2, 2006
how about the wwf vacates the wwf title and the wwf world heavyweight a month or so before wm31. have taker and sting in the final match of their great careers for the title. that way they can retire as champions