Something for Everyone in CALIFORNIA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 26, 2004
Universal Health Care is one of the worst things a country can do. Canada has this system set up, and it's nice for a minute until you realize what it does. Since Universal Health Care is government run, the doctors are government employees that HAVE to SEE EVERYBODY! So, you'll wait a month or more for an appointment (not good if you have cancer or something else that can fuck you up in a month). Think about that.

there's not waiting list for the fire department to come put out a fire at your house, the military sure as fuck didn't wait to jump into the middle east, you ever have to wait a month or more for your mail?

believe me, theres resources to run everything efficiently if it's set up right

Dec 2, 2006
im not gonna disagree with you because i honestly dont know.

Kaiser is not for profit. So your money is going to the doctors, nurses, etc...but it's not going to any individual after that.
but i doubt its not for profit. the health care system as a whole needs to be overhauled. on top of the $618 a month, i have to pay for visits, emergency room stays, and have a $2,800 deductable for overnight stays, surgeries, etc. i guess if i have a heart attack or one of my kids requires serious medical attention it pays for itself, but thats a shitty way to look at things. but at the end of day it is what it is.

Nov 20, 2005
yes kayvee, me too, but they did a good job at endangering my health as an infant, child, teen, adult, in VARIOUS of ways.

same w/ my Dad in the past(he was in ICU BECAUSE of many mistakes on THEIR part), same w/ my mom(she had advanced ovarian cancer because of them, only reason she's better now is cause she finally was able to get new healthcare)

and they denied my brother medical treatment for a broken hand for no reason.

no one can easily sue kaiser because of their lawyers, their contracts, etc.

very shady.
theyve saved my life more than once, but at the same time they might be the reason why my sister has cerebral palsy. who knows.

~k.

Apr 25, 2002
yeah the drug industry is fucking shady...
so is the medical.. industry..
we need a change...
and the government is shady too so why change to them?

"free" healthcare is not "free".............your gonna pay for it with higher taxes or budget cuts in other areas........i dont want to see no lazy fuck who depends on g.a. because they "dont want to" work get to see the doctor free while i "want to" work to better my life and see my check get smaller to help pay for his lazy ass.........either that or have my daughters school get the budget cut,more...........

do you like goin to the dmv? i doubt it. watch the wait for the doctors/hospital if healthcare is "free"........if we can go to the doctor for free then why not go for a head ache or a runny nose or if you stub your toe........

how about if your healthy and you dont drink or smoke or you dont eat fast food much? you dont visit the doctor much, but your payin for some fuck who drinks 2 40's a day and smokes a pack of schmittlys and eats kfc twice a week,that aint very fair............

or tables turned...........how about the government raise taxes on cigs and brew to help fund healthcare for everyone?

to those who have insurance, (except i think kaiser), how do you like picking your own doctor,maybe a doctor you trust with your family for years?
well when you let the government take control then they control who your gonna see...........

im coo,i dont got insurance and thats totally my problem............

you guys who think this is good idea are just following what sounds good,you dont see the big picture.............

government run agencys suck...........

and healthcare is not a right! thats not in the constitution nor is it the 11th commandment........EVERYBODY can get insurance,you just need to find a job that offers it,and a lot of jobs do or get medi cal.............if you cant afford insurance for your kids,well guess what, the governmant didnt make you have kids, nor did I so i dont want to pay for you or your kids, I got my self and my kids to worry about........

CAN ANY BODY ON HERE THAT SUPPORTS UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE READ WHAT I SAID AND COME UP WITH BETTER JUSTIFICATION FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE OTHER THAN SAYING "SO EVERYBODY CAN HAVE INSURANCE", CUS IF THAT YOUR ONLY REASONING THEN READ THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE THIS ONE..............

Apr 25, 2002
there's not waiting list for the fire department to come put out a fire at your house,
believe me, theres resources to run everything efficiently if it's set up right
theres not hundreds of fires in each city everyday,there would be hundreds of people in the doctors office and hospitals in each city everyday..........

as far as your last statement, the government doesnt run any agency efficiently.........

Apr 25, 2002
every month when i pay my $618 to bitch ass kaiser i cringe. doctors, nurses, sugeons, etc deserve there money. after that, a private individual shouldnt be profiting off our health, thats the problem.

why shouldnt somebody who went an extra 4-8 years of school and spent thousands of dollars and sacrificed alot to recieve a doctrin not profit from us?

how about we just let anybody who graduates high school or gets a g.e.d. get a doctrin so when we you go to the doctor for a hang nail they end up cutn off your leg............

how about us not having cars or houses or grocery stores or internet access or record stores because no body wants to make profit off us?

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
"free" healthcare is not "free".............your gonna pay for it with higher taxes or budget cuts in other areas........i dont want to see no lazy fuck who depends on g.a. because they "dont want to" work get to see the doctor free while i "want to" work to better my life and see my check get smaller to help pay for his lazy ass.........either that or have my daughters school get the budget cut,more...........
-Canadians, Australians, and Western Europeans spend about half what we do on healthcare, enjoy universal coverage, and are healthier.

-59.8% of America’s health spending comes from taxes, which makes it the world’s highest percentage of tax money spent on healthcare.

-The U.S. General Accounting Office and the Congressional Budgeting Office reported that if the U.S. were to implement a health system similar to Canada’s, it would reduce the administrative costs and end up paying for itself.
to those who have insurance, (except i think kaiser), how do you like picking your own doctor,maybe a doctor you trust with your family for years?
well when you let the government take control then they control who your gonna see...........
France (which ranked #1 overall in the 2000 World Health Report) does not limit your choice.

Apr 25, 2002
ŧ♣иγ²º⁶;3859777 said:
-Canadians, Australians, and Western Europeans spend about half what we do on healthcare, enjoy universal coverage, and are healthier.

-59.8% of America’s health spending comes from taxes, which makes it the world’s highest percentage of tax money spent on healthcare.

-The U.S. General Accounting Office and the Congressional Budgeting Office reported that if the U.S. were to implement a health system similar to Canada’s, it would reduce the administrative costs and end up paying for itself.
France (which ranked #1 overall in the 2000 World Health Report) does not limit your choice.

you cant compare other countries who have healthcare to the U.S. with out looking at the whole country as a whole.for instance, France has a higher unemployment rate than the U.S...........

in France insurance is not free.you are taxed.and the "free" insurance you get is basic,most people actually buy additonal insurance plans and still end up paying out the pocket............"free" insurance is not free.NO WHERE.......
and yes broski,France as does in every other country with government controlled healthcare limits your choice...........

dont listen to Michael Moore, he doesnt tell the whole story...........

Apr 25, 2002
ŧ♣иγ²º⁶;3859777 said:

my first question is why do you belive what the government says?

second of all,if that were to be true, you still have to take into consideration everything i said in my first post............

Apr 25, 2002
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080821/A_NEWS/80821018

dont read the link cus i could some it up right here.........

title of article:

Report: S.J. emergency rooms crowded by non-emergency patients

paragraph that stands out and that will only get worse if we get our un-free free health insurance:

Emergency rooms in San Joaquin County, as well as those in Stanislaus and Fresno within the Valley, have the highest rate of visits from people whose conditions are better suited to a doctor’s office. That results in longer waiting times for patients with serious conditions and creates the crowded conditions, the report from the nonprofit, nonpartisan, San Francisco-based research organization concluded.

G

Goodfella

you really know what you're talking about there, Foul Mouth...good to see informed people on here (all around...not taking sides).

i know it's "uncool" for young people to have "capitalist" ideas, but once you get out there in the working world, you'll see that you don't want to give your money to the government. i like having the choice of doctors and hospitals (even thought i'm currently w/o medical insurance which sucks)

Apr 26, 2006
There's always Tijuana if you live here in SD. :cool:

Nah, J/K, but for reals this whole health care $hit is fucked up.

Alls I want is smaller Gov't, less taxing and lower prices on everything. The more money we have, the more money we can spend on to help the economy, save and be able to afford the essentials like health insurance, food,etc... Everything is just so damn expensive these days, period.

Dec 2, 2006
private individuals shouldnt be allowed to profit from our health.

why shouldnt somebody who went an extra 4-8 years of school and spent thousands of dollars and sacrificed alot to recieve a doctrin not profit from us?

how about we just let anybody who graduates high school or gets a g.e.d. get a doctrin so when we you go to the doctor for a hang nail they end up cutn off your leg............

how about us not having cars or houses or grocery stores or internet access or record stores because no body wants to make profit off us?
im sticking to it. all the other scenarios your listing isnt even close to my perception of doctors, surgeons, etc. im not saying nothing about the schooling needed to become an employee in the medical field. all im saying is it should be regulated by our government like the courts, police, etc. the great thing about this country is you have the freedom to be anything you want. educating yourself only means a brighter future and more income.. making 6 figures a year in this country is pretty good. theres crooks in every proffesion, but profiting from our health is just not right any way you chop it up.

Dec 2, 2006
for the record foul mouth.

i understand and feel your points. i dont want free health care nor do i want to pay for the bums of the country. all i want is not an individual making $20 for every $100 i spend on mine and my family's health just because.

Apr 25, 2002
im sticking to it. all the other scenarios your listing isnt even close to my perception of doctors, surgeons, etc. im not saying nothing about the schooling needed to become an employee in the medical field. all im saying is it should be regulated by our government like the courts, police, etc. the great thing about this country is you have the freedom to be anything you want. educating yourself only means a brighter future and more income.. making 6 figures a year in this country is pretty good. theres crooks in every proffesion, but profiting from our health is just not right any way you chop it up.

i read your post wrong,i see what your saying but i disagree..........
your health is your health.........sometimes shit happens but majority of the time your health is in your hands.............courts and police can not be compared to the health system...........

Dec 2, 2006
this is true.

i read your post wrong,i see what your saying but i disagree..........
your health is your health.........sometimes shit happens but majority of the time your health is in your hands.............courts and police can not be compared to the health system...........
but all in all its a topic that has plenty of us in this country disgruntled. i respect your views and am not complaining in reality. this country does have alot to offer. its a good topic for discussion and your views were a good read. its too bad the bums in this country wont wake up and quit pointing the finger at everyone else but themselves. right on for the enlightenment, from your point of view.