so what do you guys think of bay rap as of this point?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 11, 2006
Hottest thing right now is lil b... Mess calls himself a bitch. Only thing i like so far that is new out is usually coming from san jose. Everything else sounds like shit to me or mediocre. I use to listen to alot of shit from oakland and vallejo back then but iono what happen. I know folks will hate me for this but imo jacka is extremely mediocre. Cognito is doing his thing but i really dont think bay area when i listen to him for some reason. What happen to all the hits man? E40 and too short are in their 40s now man, what happened to thia generation of musicians from the bay in general?
LOL the jacka mediocre??? are u burnt off sum pcp or sum shit..the jacka one of the hardest flows/delivery and subject matter in the usa...i dont give a fuck what no one says the jacka and a few others if givin nationwide exposure would sew up the rap game...dubb20,awax,ampichino,ridah j klyde,J ca$h if he was alive would have blown....theres so much talent out here and we got out here and u here talkin shit sayin we dont...have u heard the crap thats being put out from other coasts???

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
J Davinci, Erk tha Jerk, Nio the gift, Livewire, Locksmith, Turf Talk, Beeda Weeda, Its alot of good music out here right now.....You dont have to look really hard to find it either...

Feb 11, 2006
i repeat have people been hearin the shit dats comin out of other area's? down south tx/n.o/miami has sum generic weak shit,eastcoast rap is dead and buried,midwest rap is raw and uncut,southern cali rap is active but not really shining,the bay is bubblin with talent but no one is gettin exposure.....all i know is the jacka has got the streets on smash right now,him and the others i mentioned in my last post would have the rap game in a headlock if the got exposure mayne....

Jan 18, 2006
the bay always had a shitload of talent, dont tell these people that arent from the bay that though. They will sit here and act like TI, Lil Wayne, and some others are so much greater when in reality thats horse shit. The Bay will always be that area that wont get recognized cuz the subject matter is to real for the mainstream and also the East Coast especially never wanted to give 40 any credit for how talented he was and he is the bay cuz hes the only one that really has had success consistently all these years on the mainstream.

EROC

Sicc OG
Jan 9, 2009
The way I look at it is that the Bay is in a transition phase..... Gotta pay homage to the OG's but the new wave of bay music is comin. For those of us in our 20's and 30's, expect a major change than what we're used to. There's a new swagger, new sound, new skin color for christ sake! LOL! With the digital era and all the social networking thats available, expect a lot of rappers to come out!

Jan 2, 2003
I wonder what the "newer" bay will bring since the new bay brought??? half of them got caught up in the thizz era n seem like they never really made it and the others seem like they went other ways wit it

Sep 4, 2002
I agree with some of the things said. I like Jacka and listen to some of his stuff but I think hes mediocore as well.I Don't think hes a gift from god like some of you guys do on here...

taj-he-spits isnt that good either. he sucks IMO

Only people I look to get music outta the bay is...
Ya boy
Dem hoodstarz
San Quinn
40 water, turf talk, cousin fik, B-la( anything sick wid it really)
Too short
Clyde Carson
keak da sneak

everything else is very mediocre.. Livewire I dont fuck wit. J. stalin i dont fuck with. erk the jerk I dont fuck wit, don't fuck with a-wax... those dudes are just weak IMO

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
Hottest thing right now is lil b... Mess calls himself a bitch. Only thing i like so far that is new out is usually coming from san jose. Everything else sounds like shit to me or mediocre. I use to listen to alot of shit from oakland and vallejo back then but iono what happen. I know folks will hate me for this but imo jacka is extremely mediocre. Cognito is doing his thing but i really dont think bay area when i listen to him for some reason. What happen to all the hits man? E40 and too short are in their 40s now man, what happened to thia generation of musicians from the bay in general?
what i think of most bay rap... your username says it all

::

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
The problem is that there are too many rappers out there. So the overall quality went downhill imo. If you'd check out new rappers for a day, you maybe end up with a handful of rappers that do not suck and have actual talent.

Back in the day you could listen to 5 new rappers and chances were, that they were all good!

Aug 17, 2007
TURF,WAX,40,SAN QUINN,......THATS ALL I CAN THINK OF THAT GIVES THE BAY ANY HOPE FOR EXPOSURE.

AND ON ANOTHER THING,JACKA IS NOT GREAT FOLKS,HE DOSENT HAVE MUCH LYRICAL TALENT,HE MUMBLES AND SINGS HELLA WEIRD AND HE JUST AINT SIK LIKE THAT.....ROB LO'S BEATS ARE SIK AND THAT JACK ARTIST ALBUM I FELT ALOT OF JUST KUZ THE BEATS MADE THE ALBUM BUT OTHER THEN THAT.......NAW