so what do you guys think of bay rap as of this point?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 16, 2006
www.thebayisback.com
i think there's some good new music coming out the Bay right now still. I just think you gotta look for it.

Because some of the dopest artists right now in the Bay aren't the people you see talked about on here everyday. Some of these new dope artists aren't being promoted enough or perhaps don't have the correct budget for promotions.
^ That's the truth.

Oct 19, 2004
I haven't checked for anybody in the Bay besides maybe 40 in years. I think the Bay fell victim to tryna conform to the mainstream when the whole hyphy movement blew up. Instead of cultivating a good sound, artist tried to make what they thought was mainstream music but in actuality was horrible, goofy music that only the Bay liked. IMO we no longer have an identity or a unique good sound like we used to. Plus the over saturation of wack rappers makes it hard for the talented ones to shine thru..

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Lil Blood from Livewire iz one of the dopest rappers in the bay right now....does anybody know when his new album iz droppin.

as far as the other rappers in the bay right now, most of them are garbage and alot of them sound the same and they use too many of the same words.
95% of rap from all regions iz weak right now.

i thought the Jacka was hella dope when they first came out with C-Bo's Mob Figaz and the Jacka's first solo was clean, but his new shit iz wack IMO, Tear Gas was terrible album.

Nov 14, 2002
its still a few artist in the bay i listen to that keep hope alive...

E-40

A-WAX

AP9

TURF TALK

MOSSES THE 2nd

LAROO

and a few others.

the internet got a lot of rappers following each other so i stick to the stand outs and kick the followers to the side.