so what do you guys think of bay rap as of this point?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 28, 2010
Hottest thing right now is lil b... Mess calls himself a bitch. Only thing i like so far that is new out is usually coming from san jose. Everything else sounds like shit to me or mediocre. I use to listen to alot of shit from oakland and vallejo back then but iono what happen. I know folks will hate me for this but imo jacka is extremely mediocre. Cognito is doing his thing but i really dont think bay area when i listen to him for some reason. What happen to all the hits man? E40 and too short are in their 40s now man, what happened to thia generation of musicians from the bay in general?

Turf Talk, Livewire, Mobb Figgaz, E40, SB and Krypto, Nio Tha Gift, Balance, Hieroglyphics, Living Legends, Ampachino, Gangsta Reese, Stik Gilatine, Awax, Critic, Killa Tay, Laroo, Bueno, San Quinn,etc..

Then there is the up and coming hungry dudes like Danked Out, Roach Gigs, Pody Mouf, Berner, Moses soul
There is still lots of good bay area rap

LIL B is not the hottest in the bay, hes the worst imo.

May 28, 2010
My bad, Hottest as in getting exposure i meant. I agree with some of the rappers you mentioned but most of them are mediocre imo. Gansta reese is hot, stik and nio is koo too. I always got mad love for 40 water but i feel like some one else should be wearing the crown by now.

Feb 11, 2010
Hottest thing right now is lil b... Mess calls himself a bitch. Only thing i like so far that is new out is usually coming from san jose. Everything else sounds like shit to me or mediocre. I use to listen to alot of shit from oakland and vallejo back then but iono what happen. I know folks will hate me for this but imo jacka is extremely mediocre. Cognito is doing his thing but i really dont think bay area when i listen to him for some reason. What happen to all the hits man? E40 and too short are in their 40s now man, what happened to thia generation of musicians from the bay in general?
u crazier than a basehead askin for a dubb for the 5 sayin that jacka is mediocre...he one of the hottest thangs movin.he the most relevant & consistent bay area artists out. everybody love his shit & he keep it street...he aint gotta sell out for a deal...he gonna sell regardless...& just cuz niggaz is in they 40's dont mean they fell off...besides ridin the hyphy train e-40 still make dope music & is an innovator in this rap game...75% of americas slang comes from that man alone...the only newer niggaz in the game that i listen to is them livewire niggaz...j stalin keep it mobb. he make that good d-boy music.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
Taj-He-Spitz was definitely a highlight of the new generation of bay rappers, but hes locked up for a while.

Also Nate Grapes was dope, but hes gone for a decade.

As far as new talent that is making solid music in the area i gotta go with: Roach Gigz, Young Rebz, Inf Gang, Moe Green, D. Ross (not that new though) and theres a few others

May 28, 2010
Taj-He-Spitz was definitely a highlight of the new generation of bay rappers, but hes locked up for a while.

Also Nate Grapes was dope, but hes gone for a decade.

As far as new talent that is making solid music in the area i gotta go with: Roach Gigz, Young Rebz, Inf Gang, Moe Green, D. Ross (not that new though) and theres a few others
Tah-He-Spitz had that fire man. Maybe that's whats going on... all the good rappers are getting locked up :mad:

Nov 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
well.... you kind of have to look at what's happening in rap right now, period. a lot of the legendary cats that have been holding it down for years are getting old and the "industry" is changing into a new phase. this decade will fa sho become all digital, which means more music for free and easier to access.

so basically what im getting at is right now its prime time for cats to come in with a different approach, stay on top of what's changing in this business right now and bring in a new era of hip-hop music.

at the same time there will be plenty of people still trying to push the same formula and follow an outdated way to "success..." and lots of Bay cats are doing this right now with unoriginal, played out, non creative music. but thats just my opinion.

Apr 26, 2004
i think bay music is getting back to tha 90 era mob music wen everybody album was soild wit artist like nio tha gift,tha jacka,hoodstars,willie joe,erk tha jerk,jay ant quailty music is back in tha yay!!!!!

May 10, 2010
thats the issue. so many people out here that get some exposure but dont deserve it, and a lot of the good talent doesnt get the chance to see the light of day
I gotta disagree. I think anyone who grinds deserves it. We may think they suck, but they prolly stay grindin 24/7. Some folks we think deserve shine may not be grindin as hard. I know I don't. I've gotten more press and exposure by other folks than doing it myself. It's not bad, but I think if I personally stayed on my shit, I wouldn't be an absolute nobody

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
I gotta disagree. I think anyone who grinds deserves it. We may think they suck, but they prolly stay grindin 24/7. Some folks we think deserve shine may not be grindin as hard. I know I don't. I've gotten more press and exposure by other folks than doing it myself. It's not bad, but I think if I personally stayed on my shit, I wouldn't be an absolute nobody
im not saying that the people that get the shine didnt grind for it, im just saying quality wise, theres a lot of people putting out weak music and getting a lot of exposure out here.

May 10, 2010
im not saying that the people that get the shine didnt grind for it, im just saying quality wise, theres a lot of people putting out weak music and getting a lot of exposure out here.
I know, but I'm sayin if you grind you deserve that exposure. What's weak is really opinionated, and alotta folks think these cats are dope. I get what you're talkin about, cuz outta all the rappers from the bay, my favorites are the dudes that did "I'm on a Boat" hahaha. Ups to Berkeley