Sicc.opinions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I stopped reading when you mentioned Kim Kardashin of all people. lol, c'mon emma @emma , Kim Kardashian? pft!

Look, JLMACN @JLMACN possibly DOES hold marriage sacred. Everyone putting his words in as a statistic, when thats just an assumption.

Sure, 50% of marriages blah blah blah, but there is still the remaining 50% who DO hold marriage sacred & who WON'T cheat / divorce, ect, ect.
50% is a really bad number though...that mean that HALF of all marriages fail. Think about that for a second...HALF. Now, I COULD reference our grandparents as a control to that number, but one of the reasons why divorce rates were so low with that generation, was becuase it was not socially acceptable to do such a thing. That changed overtime, obviously.

Props: S.SAVAGE

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
50% is a really bad number though...that mean that HALF of all marriages fail. Think about that for a second...HALF. Now, I COULD reference our grandparents as a control to that number, but one of the reasons why divorce rates were so low with that generation, was becuase it was not socially acceptable to do such a thing. That changed overtime, obviously.
I agree, that is a HORRIBLE number, but is it fair to exclude the other 50% who still may hold themselves accountable & stay steadfast in their marriage?

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
I stopped reading when you mentioned Kim Kardashin of all people. lol, c'mon emma @emma , Kim Kardashian? pft!

Look, JLMACN @JLMACN possibly DOES hold marriage sacred. Everyone putting his words in as a statistic, when thats just an assumption.

Sure, 50% of marriages blah blah blah, but there is still the remaining 50% who DO hold marriage sacred & who WON'T cheat / divorce, ect, ect.
& that don't matter if you are homo, straight, trisexual or a chicken fucker like cbrennan04 @cbrennan04

muh fuckers can still hold something sacred & close to their hearts.
If you had read the rest of what I wrote though, you would have seen where I said this:

[Gay] marriage is not going to affect your marriage. If you love your wife, and you want to spend your life together... that bond is sacred... between you. Just like the bond between two other adults is sacred to them. Nobody else can define your relationship and what it means to you, just like you can't define what their love means to them.

...the point is, that the institution of marriage as whole is not treated as sacred by many many people. However, it is still sacred to others. And gay marriage is not going to "destroy" the sanctity of those marriages, anymore than the marriages of anybody... polygamous, adulterous, divorced after less than a year, or whatever... can destroy what's sacred between someone else.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
If you had read the rest of what I wrote though, you would have seen where I said this:

[Gay] marriage is not going to affect your marriage. If you love your wife, and you want to spend your life together... that bond is sacred... between you. Just like the bond between two other adults is sacred to them. Nobody else can define your relationship and what it means to you, just like you can't define what their love means to them.

...the point is, that the institution of marriage as whole is not treated as sacred by many many people. However, it is still sacred to others. And gay marriage is not going to "destroy" the sanctity of those marriages, anymore than the marriages of anybody... polygamous, adulterous, divorced after less than a year, or whatever... can destroy what's sacred between someone else.
I still stick with the whole "Not my business" stand I've been on.

...it isn't gonna fuck up any straight marriages if homo's wanna tie the knot after piping each other in the ass & gobblin their bros nuts, or munchin some dykes pussu down after a nice steak & lobster dinner, you are right.

But that does not mean that people cant have their own opinions about it, right?

Dont force an anti-gay marriage opinion down peoples throats just like I dont want some gay married people or their supporters telling others they are wrong for the way they see it.

It is all in perspective, IMO.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
And lmao at marriage being sacred, if marriage is so sacred then stop fucking around with adultery.
Married people who commit adultery and fuck around here and there made marriage un-sacred. If you hold marriage in such high regard then fix that first before you speak out on gay's getting married is un-sacred.
And out come the people who can't even think about how grown and mature you have to be to get married and never succumb to the things that lead toward divorces (i.e. Adultry, drugs, alcoholism, etc)

Look, when I speak, I speak with experience no some new born christian who just started believing that marriage is "sacred". I have been married for nearly 14 years. I am 32 years old. Do the math and you will find that I have been married through the ages (20-30) where you have fun the most. Is it hard? YES! Do I feel like I missed out? YES! but this is the personal decision I made to my wife that I will be committed to her, no matter what. And let me tell you, if the day ever came that I was divorced and single, I would never get married again NOR would I be involved in any sort of serious relationship until I was older than 55 years old. Because it is that hard sometimes. And I am not talking about the sacrifices you make, I am talking about the struggle relationships go through. You kids (yes, I called you kids) talk that shit about "HAHAA.....sacred marriage?! HAHA"

Yes, my marriage is sacred to me. I don't see myself getting a divorce because I watched my mother and father go through worse bullshit than I have ever went through with my wife and they still stayed married. And while that might seem laughable to children like you emma @emma @pouulsfdjflanfla @ iaoish it is put on a pedestal in my life because that is what WE CALL COMMITMENT. Yes, I know you kids probly struggle with that word in your day to day lives, but commitment is staying the course whether it is hard or easy. We old timers use it in our daily lives and believe it is hardly used in todays society.

The old "sanctity of marriage" argument... seriously? How is marriage today so sacred, when 50% of "traditional" marriages end in divorce?
If you love your wife, and you want to spend your life together... that bond is sacred... between you. Just like the bond between two other adults is sacred to them.
You answered your own questions, but I will elaborate anyway to entertain........

Marriage TO ME is defined as 1 man and 1 woman coming together in matrimony. Now, emma @emma that might sound like I hate homesexuals, when in fact I don't, I actually feel bad for most of them. You take the 50% that can't be committed and judge the other 50% who can? Well that works really well......so if 50% of the siccness doesn't work cause they are young and lazy, then the rest of the siccness must be young and lazy! Or if 50% of Mexicans can speak spanish, then the other 50% must speak spanish! RIGHT???

Bullshit.

Gay couples should have the right to name their partners as beneficiary, or head of household, or power of attorney. To me, that is what this WHOLE ARGUMENT is about. Because if MARRIAGE ISN'T SO SACRED.........WHY DO YOU WANT HOMOSEXUALS TO BE MARRIED???? You are quick to point out how two men being together doesn't affect me, or whatever because you think I hate homosexuality, (WHICH I NEVER STATED)......

But how does it benefit YOU? Tell me......how does it benefit you?

If you're going to freak out because you see two men holding hands on the street... you need to grow up and get a life, because it's really not that serious.

Some people don't believe in interracial relationships... does that mean they should be able to prevent other people from finding love outside their race? No. Some people don't find overweight people attractive. Does that mean that overweight people don't deserve to be happy together, because somebody walking down the street thinks the idea of them being together is icky? No. The problem isn't them... it's you. Stop worrying so much about them.
WTF are you even talking about? See that is the problem with you children who can't read very well. I never stated I had a problem with homosexuality. I have gay relatives who I am very close with, I've had gay friends, etc. Never had a problem with them. They know where I stood and I know where they stand. It's not even an issue. So, I won't even start explaining to you. You are just generalizing me because I said Marriage is between a man and a woman and it's sacred.

And I don't even know why you would bring up a 12 year old, because that's a child and obviously a child can't give consent. We're talking about consenting adults who love each other.
Correct! And that is the whole point! We as society have said, anyone below the age of X is too young to get married. Why? Because "morally" we ALL believe it is wrong, so therefor it is illegal. We question the legitimacy of their love, because no 12 year could love someone! right? All I am saying is that we have to have boundaries with the sanctity of marriage, and 2 men, or 2 women saying they are "married" don't fit into that boundary. excuse me if that hurts your feelings.

Not children or animals or inanimate objects.
You might wanna talk to your friend here.

There are several other species of animals that have seen to show homosexual relations, including penguins, dolphins, and monkeys. You cant get more natural than that.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
You are generalizing that generation way tooo much. Sure it wasn't socially acceptable, but those individuals where way more committed than our society is and every will be today. Not just to their marriages, their jobs, their children, their families, their friends, etc etc........

Divorce rates are high today because this society struggles with the opposite. If you aren't happy at work....quit. If you aren't happy married....divorce. If you don't like your parents.......don't talk to them. If your friends make you made.........get new ones.

It's a shame that now today those of us that are actually committed in a marriage get chastised for doing so. Because we must all be adulterers, fornicators, and whatever else you kids think. Look up to us as an example of what you want your marriage to be, don't criticize us for staying committed.

May 9, 2002
You are generalizing that generation way tooo much. Sure it wasn't socially acceptable, but those individuals where way more committed than our society is and every will be today. Not just to their marriages, their jobs, their children, their families, their friends, etc etc........
Am I? Times change, sure...and with that comes social change. What was acceptable now was not then, and such things were frowned upon. Just like then, ego is VERY important.

Divorce rates are high today because this society struggles with the opposite. If you aren't happy at work....quit. If you aren't happy married....divorce. If you don't like your parents.......don't talk to them. If your friends make you made.........get new ones.
We could get into many determiners as to why things are different, but thats a whole other thread. The fact is, times ARE different. People's values have changed and the way we see and experience things has changed..RAPIDLY. I mean, the World Wide Web has absolutely flipped how society works more than the automobile did in the early part of last century. Its THAT big of a deal.

It's a shame that now today those of us that are actually committed in a marriage get chastised for doing so. Because we must all be adulterers, fornicators, and whatever else you kids think. Look up to us as an example of what you want your marriage to be, don't criticize us for staying committed.
No one is "chastising" you. Where did that come from? The argument here is that homosexuals get treated like lepers and cant experience the same things as straight people because of how they were born (and anyone can argue this until they are blue in the face, but the scientific evidence is there). If two people, regardless of gender want to commit them selves...more power to them. I am married, and i wouldnt have done so if i thought it was going to work. I am not religious. I have know my wife since we were teenagers. Its where i want to be and where i plan to stay.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
I don't think anybody is saying that. I think that two loving, committed people spending their lives together is beautiful... I just think it's equally as beautiful regardless of gender.

I think that you're misunderstanding a lot of what I was saying.

I am an adult, and I have always been monogamous in every relationship I have been in. Love is sacred, to me... and I would like to be married some day; I believe marriage can be a beautiful thing.

I was just saying that I don't believe that gay marriage is doing anything to destroy the sanctity of the institute of marriage... if anything, there are a hell of a lot of factors that already did that, such as adultery, polygamy, divorce, etc etc. Many people do not treat their own marriages as sacred, so it's funny when some of those same people are so up in arms about gay people having the same rights.

I have to get back to work but I'll write more later.

Apr 25, 2002
idk breh.

50% of marriages end in divorce. that seems like a good estimate. now if you take the remainder 50%, how many of them are miserable? how many of them will cheat? how many of them are not "in love" with their partner?

its all around. old folks love to flaunt their 50 year marriage, but reality is that it wasnt acceptable to divorce back in the day. a lot of them old folks woulda been divorced. thats why there is a strong population of cougers now a days.

May 14, 2002
Yes, my marriage is sacred to me. I don't see myself getting a divorce because I watched my mother and father go through worse bullshit than I have ever went through with my wife and they still stayed married. And while that might seem laughable to children like you emma @emma @pouulsfdjflanfla @ iaoish it is put on a pedestal in my life because that is what WE CALL COMMITMENT. Yes, I know you kids probly struggle with that word in your day to day lives, but commitment is staying the course whether it is hard or easy. We old timers use it in our daily lives and believe it is hardly used in todays society.
I agree with emma, my comment might be misinterpreted. I was 'laughing' at the double standards of most people.

emma seemed to summed up most of what I was about to say as well. No need to repeat, there is too much too read already in this thread.

But props on your 14 years of marriage, bro

Props: JLMACN
Nov 16, 2006
got a homeboy i known since middle school that turned out to be gay. i still talk to him and we kick it from time to time but its awkward when his "boyfriend " is around. My homie is still like one of the guys cuz i known him for so long , but his man is HELLA GAY, i mean i dont even know what to talk to dude about, so i dont come around as often. To each his own , as long as u leave me the fuck alone. Im not gonna lie though the thought of dudes kissing and cupcaking creeps me out , but fuck it its a free country.

Props: Mike Manson

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
The two things I hate on both sides of this argument are;

1) The Church dictating how we live our lives

2) The feminists

I have somebody close to me who is a lesbian and her friends are fruity fucking feminazis with no concept of how the world works other than what they see with blinkers on. On the flip side of this, a friend of mine works for the UN with a womens rights group who is one of the classiest lesbians I have ever seem. She doesn't make a big deal about it and goes about things quietly. The others just make fucking noise.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
idk breh.

50% of marriages end in divorce. that seems like a good estimate. now if you take the remainder 50%, how many of them are miserable? how many of them will cheat? how many of them are not "in love" with their partner?

its all around. old folks love to flaunt their 50 year marriage, but reality is that it wasnt acceptable to divorce back in the day. a lot of them old folks woulda been divorced. thats why there is a strong population of cougers now a days.

Assumptions are a bitch

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
There are several other species of animals that have seen to show homosexual relations, including penguins, dolphins, and monkeys. You cant get more natural than that.
maybe, but let's remember... males being attracted to females is the true natural order of things... the main purpose of sex is to reproduce, and that's why the dick fits in the pussu

::