PSN DOWN?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
According to their site, AnonOps.net, Anonymous will allow the usage of PSN to anyone who submits their credit card details.

On their 'channels' page, it states;

#OpSony (webchat)
Submitting credit card details will allow you to use PSN again

While this should be taken with a mountain of salt, as it's very hard to tell what's real and what's fake with the infamous internet hacktivists, it does suggest Anonymous are behind the PSN downtime. We are attempting to contact an Anonymous representative for a comment.

We should also point our that you should never, ever give out anything personal to anyone, ever. That's just basic science.

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/plays...es-possible-attacks-119266.html#ixzz1KGQnN3Vs

Oct 27, 2008
According to their site, AnonOps.net, Anonymous will allow the usage of PSN to anyone who submits their credit card details.

On their 'channels' page, it states;

#OpSony (webchat)
Submitting credit card details will allow you to use PSN again
its true, brehs. it tooke about 40 minutes but i'm signed in again. aint nobody on for me to play against, but it worked :siccness:

Oct 9, 2008
Hacker group known as Anonymous is denying any involvement with the recent PlayStation Network outage, which has currently seen the service down for over a day now.

Sony suffered from a similar PSN outage earlier this month, and while the company never provided an official explanation, Anonymous took responsibility then. Not this time, however.

"While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by themselves, AnonOps was not related to this incident and takes no responsibility for it," the group said in a message through its website.

"A more likely explanation is that Sony is taking advantage of Anonymous' previous ill-will towards the company to distract users from the fact the outage is actually an internal problem with the company's servers."

Sony says it is still investigating the cause of this current PSN outage.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
After days of intermittent service, the Playstation Network's complete outage rolls into its second day today with no new updates from Sony.

A visit to the Playstation Network website or attempt to sign on lands you a "server maintenance" message, though the official Playstation blog's latest update says they're not quite sure what the cause of the downtime is.

"While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running," Patrick Seybold, senior director of corporate communications & social media, wrote on the official blog moments ago. "Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we'll update you again as soon as we can."

Meanwhile, the official European Playstation Blog momentarily pointed the finger at possible "targeted behaviour by an outside party."

What outside party could possibly want to make online gaming impossible on a PS3?

The most likely culprits are activist group "Anonymous". The hacktivists were claiming to be behind the original attacks against the PlayStation Network for a few weeks now, but then the group called off their attacks . However, the nature of this particular hacking beast means that some splinter cell could still be behind this latest outage.

The full on outage seems to have kicked off very early Thursday. We and others were unable to log into the Playstation Network. Attempts resulted in an 80710A06 error message. The issue seemed to be impacted consoles internationally as well. We were able to confirm the issue in the U.S., Australia and Japan.

Oct 9, 2008
Update: Sony tonight issued a statement saying the PlayStation Network outage is due to a "external intrusion" but did not clarify beyond that. A timetable for when PSN will be up and running was also not provided. Hacker group Anonymous said today they are not claiming responsibility for this particular outage.

The statement in full from Senior Director of Corporate Communications Patrick Seybold can be read below:

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th.

Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

Dec 4, 2006
So who brought it down though? Anymous? Skynet?

I say Amazon EC2 was disrupted to make it look like the problem came from them..

but in reality it was anonymous/skynet all the time..

what a bunch of fucking nerds, they should be getting pussy instead of trying to get LuLz....

I'm glad that PS3 really did turn off the network..

because for the past 2-3 weeks I would get random invites to play from people that weren't on my friend list....

I over read it in a forum that hackers actually got into the system and were fucking around with peoples accounts, credit cards, etc...

Jun 24, 2005

Lmao

It sucks though that PSN has been down for a couple days.

I remember back in 2007 (I think) when XBL was down for damn near a week. MicroSoft gave everyone a free arcade game. I wonder if Sony will do the same, even though it's a free service.