PSN DOWN?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
I think it's down, I can't seem to sign in...

The code I'm getting its the Site Maintenance code, they probably updating something...

Dec 4, 2006

Site Maintenance Notice

The server is currently down for maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

メンテナンスのお知らせ

現在、サーバーのメンテナンス中です。

大変申し訳ございませんが、しばらくしてから再度接続してください。

Dec 4, 2006
Word is that the hacker group known as Anonymous brought down the system and all data has been lost, in other words.....WE LOST EVERYTHING if that's really true..

Dec 4, 2006
wack ass shit...360>>>all day, Mortal Kombat w/ Kratos is coo though lol
XBL has had the same problems before, I remember during a christmas time it was down for a week...

They're saying PSN gonna be down for a day or three days...

Them hackers bringing down the amazon EC2 servers did us wrong, they didn't bring down just the PSN, but a gang of other sites that use EC2 as well...

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
no doubt it was anonymous...im all for fighting the man and all...but come on your fuckin with hard working and not so hard working fornicating pot smokers and drinkers who like to come home relax blaze one up, crack the top off and play some online games....

they fuckin with my night

Oct 9, 2008
The PlayStation Network is experiencing extended outages for the second time this month. In a post on the PlayStation Blog, the company acknowledged "certain functions of PlayStation Network are down," and that they might not be restored for a while.

In a case of unfortunate timing, online-enabled PS3 games like Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, and SOCOM 4 launched this week.
"While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running," according to Sony. "Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter."

As for which features are down, GameSpot editors were unable to log in to the service, effectively making all of the features inaccessible.

Earlier this month, the "hacktivist" group Anonymous launched distributed denial of service attacks on the PlayStation Network, intermittently bringing down the PlayStation 3's online functions. The attacks were directed at Sony in response to the company's since-settled legal fight with George Hotz, a hacker who distributed the PS3 master key online. However, on a website used as a mouthpiece for the loose-knit group of hackers, the attacks were called off because of the negative impact they were having on Sony's customers rather than the company itself.