Playstation Announcement 2/20

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I said I had no evidence that they were turning around their bad business moves(cutting off exclusivity contracts that were their bread & butter like GTA, implementing dumb add ons like the eye & move, not to mention the six axis which did nothing but hamper down games & they eventually phased them out to bring back the dualshock). That lack of evidence which would instill good faith adds to my previous concerns that this past generation left. They don't have the Marios, Zeldas & Pokemons to float along when losing in a console war. If Nintendo didn't have the handheld market cornered they might not have made it past the gamecube. Sony has no franchises even close to the size of those & they don't seem to know what they're doing re: handhelds in general. It all adds up to be the writing on the wall. Sooner than later they'll have to fold imo.

Also I personally doubt that at the end of the consoles life cycle 3rd party developers still can't utilize the PS3 like their 1st(2nd?) party devs do. I bought that story during the first couple of years but at this point something seems fishy there.

May 9, 2002
saw this comment on a stream
Does this person know that the PS4 has a bluray (6X) player on it which can play any disc driven media? What they wrote makes zero sense. The only thing that you wont do is play your games from a disc. Shit, even now, you can just simply download games to your HDD from their store. I guess i dont understand the gripe. Its like they are looking for a issue that simply isnt there.

Last edited:

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Does this person know that the PS4 has a bluray (6X) player on it which can play any disc driven media? What they wrote makes zero sense. The only thing that you wont do is play your games from a disc. Shit, even now, you can just simply download games to your HDD from their store. I guess i dont understand the gripe. Its like they are looking for a issue that simply isnt there.
what i got from that dudes post is that the playstation always moved with the times PS1 was the first time you could play cd's with your game system, ps2 with dvd's, ps3 with blu rays. but the ps4 really doesnt have anything to stand apart from the rest of the pack this time around was the point he was trying to make.
i really dont give a f, i will be buying both systems lol

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
but how does it actually enhance gaming experience? The only thing that caters to is egotistical losers that want to brag to the world by posting their gameplay footage.

This is huge for the fighting game community. honestly though, I wouldn't expect MS to not have the feature either though. It's been built in to most of the later fighting game releases this gen.

Props: HERESY
May 9, 2002
what i got from that dudes post is that the playstation always moved with the times PS1 was the first time you could play cd's with your game system, ps2 with dvd's, ps3 with blu rays. but the ps4 really doesnt have anything to stand apart from the rest of the pack this time around was the point he was trying to make.
i really dont give a f, i will be buying both systems lol
Thats not Sony's fault though...we have reached a stand still in physical media. At this point, bluray is more or less the end of the line in terms of readable/writable storage in forms of discs. Everything now is moving to either high capacity storage or cloud. So in this case, the cloud is the "moving with the times". Virtual storage definitely has advantages over physical storage.

If they were smart, they would incorporate some kind of flash/SSD storage as opposed to the traditional platter-based storage. SSD takes up less power, runs cooler, and doesn't have moving parts. It would cut down an A LOT of things that keep HDD's behind the times in terms of speed. While per GB, the HDD is still miles ahead of SSD in terms of value, SSD's have dropped in price A LOT in the last year. You can get 120GB for $100 now no problem. 1TB HDD's can be had for aorund the same price though, so we see where the $=value argument comes in. But ill take speed and reliability over size any day, especially if cloud storage is indeed on the horizon.

Props: Rasan
May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
Thats not Sony's fault though...we have reached a stand still in physical media. At this point, bluray is more or less the end of the line in terms of readable/writable storage in forms of discs. Everything now is moving to either high capacity storage or cloud. So in this case, the cloud is the "moving with the times". Virtual storage definitely has advantages over physical storage.

If they were smart, they would incorporate some kind of flash/SSD storage as opposed to the traditional platter-based storage. SSD takes up less power, runs cooler, and doesn't have moving parts. It would cut down an A LOT of things that keep HDD's behind the times in terms of speed. While per GB, the HDD is still miles ahead of SSD in terms of value, SSD's have dropped in price A LOT in the last year. You can get 120GB for $100 now no problem. 1TB HDD's can be had for aorund the same price though, so we see where the $=value argument comes in. But ill take speed and reliability over size any day, especially if cloud storage is indeed on the horizon.
and thats sony's next thing after the blu-ray, cloud storage and streaming, I think it's sick and innovative for you to be able to instantly stream and demo a game without downloading it for free, then if you like it you can buy it, and hopefully when they do come out with the service to play every ps1 ps2 ps3 game on the cloud it's just a part of the ps plus subscription

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
like i've stated in the thread already, sony has been fucking up left & right this past generation, on the home console & handheld fronts. they've been needing to turn it around for a while now & i didnt see any evidence of that so far. even if they're saving their big guns for e3, they should have just unveiled there instead, this was a very underwhelming 1st impression. call me a pessimist but sony has given me no reason to hope for the best from them.

also i never mentioned microsoft or the new xbox because i dont agree with their choices either(also its a ps4 thread), but they're pretty cutthroat with their approach & as bad as it would be for the gaming community as a whole, i dont see them losing steam anytime soon

xbox doesnt need exclusive killer apps as long as they have devs cripple sony games out the gate
so your argument is that xbox is better because they cripple sony to make themselves look better? so in the end who loses? you the consumer, because instead of microsoft giving you exclusives maybe like a killer instinct they will push kinect which is worse then ps move, and pay money to cripple sony and spend money to market the shit out of their products to make you THINK that it's better when in reality they are not and just making the competitor look worse

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
and thats sony's next thing after the blu-ray, cloud storage and streaming, I think it's sick and innovative for you to be able to instantly stream and demo a game without downloading it for free, then if you like it you can buy it, and hopefully when they do come out with the service to play every ps1 ps2 ps3 game on the cloud it's just a part of the ps plus subscription
If they give you the ability to play every ps1, ps2, ps3 game via the cloud with a ps plus subscription that would crush xbox imo.

Oct 3, 2006
If they give you the ability to play every ps1, ps2, ps3 game via the cloud with a ps plus subscription that would crush xbox imo.
No it wouldn't. Xbl is on a whole other level when it comes to online gaming. People said the PS Home would give it a run for a money...look what happened

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Just my opinion sir. But u have to admit who has the better gaming catalog over all playstation or xbox? It would give them an edge for sure. Especially if they offer the games at a cheap price.
But check this out, from my standpoint and I consider myself a casual gamer, I see only 2 differences between xbox and ps.
Xbox you have to pay for online
And ps3 had a blu ray player
Everything is the same to me!
The 90s were so great for gaming. Snes had their own games pretty much and so did sega genesis.
I got my ps3 for the blu ray player. That's about it! And I buy games for it so it won't feel lonely lol!

Oct 3, 2006
Yeah I hear you bro, I own both systems also and really everything is about online gaming. Makes it or breaks it IMO. Yeah, we have to pay for XBL every year, but IMO it is worth it. And you are right about the exclusives...I honestly bought my PS3 just for the God of War games, the Blu Ray, and for Twisted Metal.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I think I speak for a lot of gamers that more options can be cool, but not when I have to pay for a grip of options I could care less about. It's like if 3D gaming is something they really try and push in this nextgen, well I don't have a 3D TV and will not be buying one anytime soon so I don't want to pay an extra 150 bucks (this is just an example, not real life).

The price is way to high for me right now for any new console but I hope it's not just a bunch of gimmicks and lame features. Are the games fun? Can I lose an entire weekend playing awesome games. That's all I give a crap about, since the NES came out.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Yeah I hear you bro, I own both systems also and really everything is about online gaming. Makes it or breaks it IMO. Yeah, we have to pay for XBL every year, but IMO it is worth it. And you are right about the exclusives...I honestly bought my PS3 just for the God of War games, the Blu Ray, and for Twisted Metal.
You're missing out if you haven't been playing Uncharted too

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Just my opinion sir. But u have to admit who has the better gaming catalog over all playstation or xbox? It would give them an edge for sure. Especially if they offer the games at a cheap price.
But check this out, from my standpoint and I consider myself a casual gamer, I see only 2 differences between xbox and ps.
Xbox you have to pay for online
And ps3 had a blu ray player
Everything is the same to me!
The 90s were so great for gaming. Snes had their own games pretty much and so did sega genesis.
I got my ps3 for the blu ray player. That's about it! And I buy games for it so it won't feel lonely lol!
Props. I have a ps3 and I was going to buy a 360 for my kids for Christmas...til I found out I'd have to pay for XBL just to watch Netflix. F THAT! As a father of young children, there are definitely way more games for kids on 360 but the XBL fee was a major sticking point and I bought another ps3. Only Xbox game I cared about was Forza anyways, and I'm happy as can be with my 2 ps3's but to each their own.