Officers down in Dallas protests

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
And Mr. Butcher, where do you think it stems from? Systematic.
The systematic cycle of gang violence. A man is killed, no one talks to the police, that man who killed that man is killed, no one talks to the police, that man who killed that man etc is killed, continue on until we get to where we are. Let's attack those who work to stop it though, they're the enemies

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i read an interesting fact today..the us police shot almost twice as many white men than black men this year and last year..its the police vs the public, not "white cops" vs " black men"
Yet when you say it's the police vs the public, which I have, say whites and others get it too, which I have, people go nuts and lie. Yes, the police shot more white people, but did whatever you read today discuss recidivism rates? Did it provide insight about other forms of brutality such as the use of compliance holds or spray on complying black people? Did it address sentence disparities between blacks and whites?

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Last time I looked the prisons where bigger and there were more of them.
That deserves it's own separate thread imo. The prison industrial complex is a cancer on this society and a tool of the rich to control poor populations and it's main weapon is the war on drugs, which needs to be abolished. Yes there are ties to this problem, but ultimately it's a larger issue and it's not going to be solved by BLM or by discussing these recent shootings. It's a distraction to the main issue, which is black people being shot during police encounters, and why that is. I've put forth data to suggest why that is and have drawn conclusions and don't feel like going beyond that in this thread.

May 14, 2002
Slavery has a lot to do with this, you seem to be in total denial about or completely ignorant to the deep rooted problems of the country you claim to love so much. The police started in this country as slave patrols, did you miss that part? Loving it (the US as a nation) is fine, as long as you are willing to accept the full and complete history of it (does not mean you have to be proud of it). The war on Black America is very real. Ask an American Indian about the war on them, they can relate.

How are the Irish communities doing in the united states?

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Yet when you say it's the police vs the public, which I have, say whites and others get it too, which I have, people go nuts and lie. Yes, the police shot more white people, but did whatever you read today discuss recidivism rates? Did it provide insight about other forms of brutality such as the use of compliance holds or spray on complying black people? Did it address sentence disparities between blacks and whites?

The more I listened, the more I realized. The more I researched, the more I realized. I would ask questions, and would only get emotional responses & inferences based on no facts at all. The more killing I saw, the more tragedy, the more savagery, the more violence, the more loss of life of a black man at the hands of another black man….the more I realized. I haven’t slept well in the past few nights. Heartbreak weighs me down, rage flows through my veins, and tears fills my eyes. I watched my fellow officers assassinated on live television, and the images of them laying on the ground are seared into my brain forever. I couldn’t help but wonder if it had been me, a black man, a black cop, on TV, assassinated, laying on the ground dead,..would my friends and family still think black lives mattered? Would my life have mattered? Would they make t-shirts in remembrance of me? Would they go on tv and protest violence? Would they even make a Facebook post, or share a post in reference to my death? All of my realizations came to this conclusion. Black Lives do not matter to most black people. Only the lives that make the national news matter to them. Only the lives that are taken at the hands of cops or white people, matter. The other thousands of lives lost, the other black souls that I along with every cop, have seen taken at the hands of other blacks, do not matter. Their deaths are unnoticed, accepted as the “norm”, and swept underneath the rug by the very people who claim and post “black lives matter”. I realized that this country is full of ignorance, where an educated individual will watch the ratings-driven news media, and watch a couple YouTube video clips, and then come to the conclusion that they have all the knowledge they need to have in order to know what it feels like to have a bullet proof vest as part of your office equipment, “Stay Alive” as part of your daily to do list, and having insurance for your health insurance because of the high rate of death in your profession. They watch a couple videos and then they magically know in 2 minutes 35 seconds, how you are supposed to handle a violent encounter, which took you 6 months of Academy training, 2 – 3 months of field training, and countless years of blood, sweat, tears and broken bones experiencing violent encounters and fine tuning your execution of the Use of Force Continuum. I realized that there are even cops, COPS, duly sworn law enforcement officers, who are supposed to be decent investigators, who will publicly go on the media and call other white cops racist and KKK, based on a video clip that they watched thousands of miles away, which was filmed after the fact, based on a case where the details aren’t even known yet and the investigation hasn’t even begun. I realized that most in the African American community refuse to look at solving the bigger problem that I see and deal with every day, which is black on black crime taking hundreds of innocent black lives each year, and instead focus on the 9 questionable deaths of black men, where some were in the act of committing crimes. I realized that they value the life of a Sex Offender and Convicted Felon, [who was in the act of committing multiple felonies: felon in possession of a firearm-FELONY, brandishing and threatening a homeless man with a gun-Aggravated Assault in Florida: FELONY, who resisted officers who first tried to taze him, and WAS NOT RESTRAINED, who can be clearly seen in one of the videos raising his right shoulder, then shooting it down towards the right side of his body exactly where the firearm was located and recovered] more than the lives of the innocent cops who were assassinated in Dallas protecting the very people that hated them the most. I realized that they refuse to believe that most cops acknowledge that there are Bad cops who should have never been given a badge & gun, who are chicken shit and will shoot a cockroach if it crawls at them too fast, who never worked in the hood and may be intimidated. That most cops dread the thought of having to shoot someone, and never see the turmoil and mental anguish that a cop goes through after having to kill someone to save his own life. Instead they believe that we are all blood thirsty killers, because the media says so, even though the numbers prove otherwise. I realize that they truly feel as if the death of cops will help people realize the false narrative that Black Lives Matter, when all it will do is take their movement two steps backwards and label them domestic terrorist. I realized that some of these people, who say Black Lives Matter, are full of hate and racism. Hate for cops, because of the false narrative that more black people are targeted and killed. Racism against white people, for a tragedy that began 100’s of years ago, when most of the white people today weren’t even born yet. I realized that some in the African American community’s idea of “Justice” is the prosecution of ANY and EVERY cop or white man that kills or is believed to have killed a black man, no matter what the circumstances are. I realized the African American community refuses to look within to solve its major issues, and instead makes excuses and looks outside for solutions. I realized that a lot of people in the African American community lead with hate, instead of love. Division instead of Unity. Turmoil and rioting, instead of Peace. I realized that they have become the very entity that they claim they are fighting against.

I realized that the very reasons I became a cop, are the very reasons my own people hate me, and now in this toxic hateful racially charged political climate, I am now more likely to die,... and it is still hard for me to understand…. to this day.

Oh please educate us on how to apply the use of force continuum oh great enlightened one. Put those law enforcement / corrections degree to use. The fact is you've never walked in a cops shoes, or dealt with 1/1millionth of what they've dealt with, and don't know what you're talking about and can't possibly say shit

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Oh please educate us on how to apply the use of force continuum oh great enlightened one. Put those law enforcement / corrections degree to use. The fact is you've never walked in a cops shoes, or dealt with 1/1millionth of what they've dealt with, and don't know what you're talking about and can't possibly say shit
5 to 1.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

DETROIT (WWJ) — Police officers at Detroit’s 11th Precinct got a special birthday surprise on Saturday.

A nine-year-old Detroit girl decided to celebrate her birthday not by receiving gifts, but by giving them. Samya McLaughlin brought bagged lunches — made up of sandwiches, chips, fruit and a cookie — that she paid for with her own birthday money as a gift for officers at the precinct.

“I was thinking that I should feed the police officers because I wanted to show them that I support them and I thank them for all that they do,” McLaughlin said. “I wanted to show them that all lives matter.”

In thanking @detroitpolice, 9yr old buys 11th precinct lunch. In her words "all lives matter." My reports @WWJ950 pic.twitter.com/GHfc5jbQKo

— Jason Scott (@JasonScottWWJ) July 9, 2016
A nine year old girl celebrates her b-day by buying lunch for DPD 11th Precinct. My LIVE report 11:03 @WWJ950 pic.twitter.com/HFLY7yaCiD

Bagged lunches prepped & presented to DPD's 11th district by 9yr old girl who used her b-day cash to do so @WWJ950 pic.twitter.com/rEwaX4xCZP

How did the young girl come up with the idea? After watching the news with her grandmother and seeing the devastation this week in Dallas, McLaughlin thought she would do something special for the officers in her community.

“We discuss things that’s going on,” McLaughlin’s mother said. “I always ask her how she feels about it.”

The officers made Samya “Officer of the Day” and presented her with gifts of her own as a thank you.

“It makes you feel proud,” McLaughlin’s father Sam Walker said. “She has a big heart and she knows how to care, and she knows how to appreciate what’s going on.”

Samya also passed out around 30 bagged lunches to the homeless in Detroit’s Cass Corridor.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Girls Raise $10,000 for Dallas Police With Lemonade Stand | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Support is pouring in for Dallas in the wake of last week's deadly attack on police, which left five officers dead and injured half a dozen others.
Among those rallying behind the police department are two young girls, 12-year-old Lauren Roach and 11-year-old Landry Nelon, who dropped off a check for $10,000 — money they raised in just two days with a lemonade stand in North Dallas.

"We felt really bad for all the victims' families," said Lauren. "At first we thought we would get about $100, but after we got to about $5,000, we realized we could really get this really high."
"We just really feel that every little penny counted," Landry added.

Two other girls, 9-year-old Emmy Roberts and her 8-year-old sister Lily, also helped.
"People were just driving by," said Lauren's mother, Tracey Roach. "They didn't want lemonade, they didn't want anything, just giving them 20s, 50s, you name it, just giving money. And everybody saying, 'Back the blue, back the blue, we support Dallas, we support families, help Dallas become a better place.'"

The Dallas Police Association has yet to tally up all the donations, but figures they are well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Southwest Airlines donated a check for $75,000, while Houston police donated $20,000.

The department has also received donations of time.
Volunteers — many from neighboring police departments — packed DPA headquarters to help prepare for Monday night's candlelight vigil at Dallas City Hall.
"The thin blue line, we're all brothers and sisters," said Heath Wester, president of the Texas Municipal Police Association. "So a part of us died as well, and we want to lend our helping hand and support to Dallas [police] and all of Dallas to let them know they're not alone."
"To just imagine the pain that they're going through, we're just hopeful that we're able to just show a little bit of support and ease some of that pain," said Ray Hunt, president of the Houston Police Officers Union.

Dallas police said they were touched by the overwhelming show of support.
"It's unbelievably moving," said DPA First Vice President Fred Frazier. "You know, you break down at night, when you start thinking about everything when everybody's gone. But when you go back to work, you're so busy, your mind just has to go back to work. We'll heal, its just going to take some time."

Jul 12, 2002
i read an interesting fact today..the us police shot almost twice as many white men than black men this year and last year..its the police vs the public, not "white cops" vs " black men"
While this is true it doesn't take into account that whites are a much larger percentage of the population in the US. When you take that into consideration, black people are 2.5 times more likely to be shot and killed by the police than white people.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.fec34b578af0

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger as the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

Props: :ab: and :ab:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
While this is true it doesn't take into account that whites are a much larger percentage of the population in the US. When you take that into consideration, black people are 2.5 times more likely to be shot and killed by the police than white people.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.fec34b578af0
You've completely ignored all other data presented in this thread, eaten the liberal medias deception hook line sinker, even ignored the very article you posted.

In response to these statistics, critics of police reform — often political conservatives and police unions — typically argue that the reason more black men and women are shot and killed by police is that black Americans commit more violent crime.

“There’s too much violence in the black community,” former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani said Sunday on CBS’s “Face The Nation.” “If you want to deal with this on the black side, you’ve got to teach your children to be respectful to the police, and you’ve got to teach your children that the real danger to them is not the police; the real danger to them, 99 out of 100 times, 9,900 out of 10,000 times, are other black kids who are going to kill them. That’s the way they’re gonna die.”
That is no hyperbole by Giuliani. I don't feel like going back and looking at the number of black murders, and black on black murders; because you'll likely ignore it again. It's very disturbing

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Cute how the author of that article worded it "critics of police reform" as if you cannot be pro-police, AND pro-police reform at the same time. Nope; there are only two sides. A line has been drawn in the middle, pick a side, because we're completely divided folks. Us vs Them