Officers down in Dallas protests

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
Why do you ask? And what exactly is an Irish community in the US? Are you thinking Southie or Hell's Kitchen.....?
I choose the word 'community' because that's the word always used when described a group of black people 'black community'.

Many of them don't like blacks and many of their communities are rooted in organized crime.

What the fuck is your point? And where are you from?
I just asked out of curiosity. I fail to see why it even remotely matters where I'm from.
I never read any guidelines on this site you have to be born and raised in the United States to be able to ask a simple question or take part in any discussions for that matter.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force

That's a link to a recent study that pertains to some of the things I listed in a previous post. Those who posted studies from very racist organizations probably won't give it the time of day but fuck em.
This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks
and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in
interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior
reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force – officerinvolved
shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual
factors are taken into account.
We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model
in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for
discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.
Using data from Houston, Texas – where
we have both officer-involved shootings and a randomly chosen set of potential interactions with
police where lethal force may have been justified – we find, in the raw data, that blacks are 23.8
percent less likely to be shot at by police relative to whites. Hispanics are 8.5 percent less likely.
lol

So is the argument shifting from "They're killing us for no reason"

to "They're not killing us for no reason, just roughing us up for no reason" or whats the point?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I choose the word 'community' because that's the word always used when described a group of black people 'black community'.

I just asked out of curiosity. I fail to see why it even remotely matters where I'm from.
I never read any guidelines on this site you have to be born and raised in the United States to be able to ask a simple question or take part in any discussions for that matter.
So you just randomly asked about the Irish?

Again, where are you from? I'm not saying where you are from will prohibit you from partaking in a discussion. I'm asking where you are from so you can let the board know, so we can compare and contrast your countries problems to ours and so we can see how you guys solved the problems.

Again, where are you from?

May 14, 2002
So you just randomly asked about the Irish?

Again, where are you from? I'm not saying where you are from will prohibit you from partaking in a discussion. I'm asking where you are from so you can let the board know, so,we can compare and contrast your countries problems to ours and so we can see how you guys solved the problems.

Again, where are you from?
I am from the Netherlands there is no secret about that, most people actually know.

We have a lot of problems also, different, but still a lot of unresolved problems.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I think what he was saying was that the Irish were slaves too, and they don't commit violent crimes at astonishing rates compared to others, nor do they use slavery as an excuse for not being able to advance, and furthermore have advanced quite well in this country.
Then this will be of use to him:

ISBN 978-0415963091

5 to 1.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Most of this data is drawn from New York City, which even the most adamant of pro-police supporters draw the line and know there are serious, deep underlying issues, especially with their stop and frisk procedures.
Serious deep underlying issues especially with their stop and frisk procedures?

:falls out of chair:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Then this will be of use to him:

ISBN 978-0415963091

5 to 1.
Look; I'm getting ready to read Thomas Sowell: "Black Rednecks and White Liberals", and "Intellectuals and Race" soon. I'll probably also be reading Colin Flaherty "Don't Make the Black Kids Angry".

Any book suggestions in the same vein you'd like to recommend? I'd like to balance it out somewhat considering these are definitely conservative sources of information

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Jul 12, 2002
You've completely ignored all other data presented in this thread, eaten the liberal medias deception hook line sinker, even ignored the very article you posted.

That is no hyperbole by Giuliani. I don't feel like going back and looking at the number of black murders, and black on black murders; because you'll likely ignore it again. It's very disturbing
How did I ignore all other data when I made ZERO conclusions in my post? You just made a fuck ton of assumptions. I simply provided him with more data to show that while black men are shot less than white ppl by the police, when adjusted for population they are 2.5 times more likely to be shot by police. All I did was post a fact so he could be more informed because it's not as simple as "more whites are shot by police than blacks."

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
How did I ignore all other data when I made ZERO conclusions in my post? You just made a fuck ton of assumptions. I simply provided him with more data to show that while black men are shot less than white ppl by the police, when adjusted for population they are 2.5 times more likely to be shot by police. All I did was post a fact so he could be more informed because it's not as simple as "more whites are shot by police than blacks."
You're right... I definitely attacked you immediately, when I wasn't even the person being addressed. Sorry about that. I merely wanted to explain why that is, but you're definitely right, and sorry for trying to disregard what you said immediately when you were just trying to contribute to the discussion

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Look; I'm getting ready to read Thomas Sowell: "Black Rednecks and White Liberals", and "Intellectuals and Race" soon. I'll probably also be reading Colin Flaherty "Don't Make the Black Kids Angry".

Any book suggestions in the same vein you'd like to recommend? I'd like to balance it out somewhat considering these are definitely conservative sources of information
Yes. When I get home I'll pull something from my library (I have a ton of books on the shelves and in boxes.)

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Got rid of mine; the kindle is pretty sweet...
I have the kindle paper white and my iPad. I have so many books, and some had a triple digit price tag, usually after taxes, so I didn't see a need to get rid of them. Even donated some to the local library and gave some away on Craigslist.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Shits like trying to argue with women or something. The fuck is the point? There are clear solutions, clear answers, people want to confuse everything up with their feelings and ignore facts. Like do you guys want to actually talk about these problems and solve them or just want to talk about it to be talking about it and sharing your feelings? Jesus christ

What a giant waste of time
it's human nature to attempt to simplify things to make them easier to understand. easier to digest.

oversimplification of the issues at hand is not possible. this IS a multi layered and deeply historied circumstance we find ourselves in today. you have to consider the historical context in which today's issues are a result of.

to state that this is a simple issue with a simple solution is a remedial way to approach it. and false; this is a super complicated issue with many moving parts that, honestly, may never be reconciled or solved.

to separate out context allows one to miss the point entirely. the devil is in the details.

I'll respond to the post you quoted me in later. I actually don't like getting into online debates about this kind of shit bcuz everyone ends up spinning their wheels and getting nowhere, fuck it tho

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
it's human nature to attempt to simplify things to understand them easier to understand. easier to digest.

oversimplification of the issues at hand is not possible. this IS a multi layered and deeply historied circumstance we find ourselves in today. you have to consider the historical context in which today's issues are a result of.

to state that this is a simple issue with a simple solution is a remedial way to approach it. and false; this is a super complicated issue with many moving parts that, honestly, may never be reconciled or solved.

to separate out context allows one to miss the point entirely. the devil is in the detais.

I'll respond to the post you quoted me in later. I actually don't like getting into online debates about this kind of shit bcuz everyone ends up spinning their wheels and getting nowhere, fuck it tho
"It's too complex, why try to solve it"
is the same thinking liberals inflict upon black americans in form of "The odds are too stacked against us, why try". It's defeatist and it's un-American IMO, and tragic