Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 12, 2006
Fuck no, the thing that kills me about being a 9er fan right now and it parallels in real life and the sicc, Alex Smith has the game of his life and the throw of his life against the Saints...plays mediocre against the Giants...and people still wanna throw him under the bus and run over him a couple times its fucked we had one of the weakest WR core in the league and the oline gave up the most sacks in the league but people think Alex Smith is 99% of the problem, smh

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
The team is fine.

It's a balancing act now, but I think they need to upgrade the offense slightly, line + WR for next year.

I'd keep Alex no doubt, the whole team played shit against NYG not just him.

Feb 12, 2004
I know it probably sounds crazy to a lot of you, but I say keep KW. I think he's a pretty good slot receiver and has shown he can make plays. Look, every player has fucked up before. It's part of being a human being. If he lets what happened define who he is and how he plays the rest of his career, then yeah, fuck that give him the boot. But otherwise I say keep the kid. We're already low on WRs why get rid of one who's actually decent?

Never again will he return punts or kick offs tho.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
There is so many factors that went into that niner loss, from Kyle, to the refs blowing the fumble call, to Alex missin Kyle Williams wide open for a td to goin 1 for 13 on 3rd down but..... I'll bet anyone $100 right now that Kyle Williams will return at least 1 punt next year for the niners....

Mar 12, 2010
williams will do good this unfortunately is one of those learning experiences that will ultimately make or break him. he has a huge upside and hopefully when we call on him to help this team win in the future he wont let the moment get too big for him.

with that being said the niners will have a chance at some get back to face not only the defending champs next year but the runners up as well. this was our teams year but when it all boiled down the giants made those plays that the other teams didnt. they are the champs and it will be in my opinion our teams destiny to knock the defending champs around and show them as well as everybody else that we got heat for anybody that wants to step up to the line. making the championship next year that much sweeter.

where the hunger is great reaching the goal will be that much sweeter once achieved

Dec 9, 2005
Kyle Williams will be back. The guy has one bad game and people wanna cut him?

He made plays for us all year.

Did you all forget about the crack back block he had on the Alex Smith TD run in the Saints game? If not for that block, Alex Smith gains 4 yards, and then who knows what happens.

Kyle can be a very good slot receiver.

Anyways, I doubt we are going to make a huge splash in free agency. I'd love for them to make a move for Duane Bowe, but I'm sure he's going to come with a hefty price tag. Hoping we can re-sign all of our guys on defense, and keep Ginn around. Let Moran Norris walk, keep The God of Special Teams Blake Constanzo and CJ Spillman.

Jan 12, 2006
my bad 49er faithful maybe I'm overreacting but FUCK THAT FAGGOT KYLE WILLIAMS!!!!

The same fans who shitted on Alex and would've killed him if he caused two turnovers in the NFC championship game are now asking for Kyle to get a pass, a bum who has never done shit for us. It would of been one thing if it was Morgan or Crabtree fumbling but no it was Kyle "due to injuries im going to start" Williams. The fumbles were the icing on the cake next year we need crabtree morgan and another stud receiver. Can't go into the season hoping williams is going to have a break out year and some how end up with a 1,000 yard season. Then we will find ourselves in the same situation we are in today. A average core of Wr's, we need one more threat out there that can compliment Morgan and crabtree. Preferably a WR who could stretch the field.

Kyle should get this kind of treatment every time he hits the field until he redeems himself, i know i will boo that bum every time i see him hit the field. whether it be training camp, preseason, regular season, or playoffs.

[video=youtube;FbZ22j_X8fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbZ22j_X8fE[/video]

Jan 12, 2006
The 49ers currently own each of their seven draft picks and do not figure to gain any more selections through the NFL's compensatory system.

Compensatory draft picks are awarded to teams that have net losses via free agency from the previous year. The 49ers had five losses and five gains. Therefore, the 49ers do not appear to be in line to be awarded any additional picks.

Players who become free agents because they were released or not tendered do not count as part of the compensatory formula. That's why Nate Clements or David Carr do not count as losses, nor do Madieu Williams, Larry Grant and Blake Costanzo count as gains.

The NFL typically announces compensatory picks in late-March.

The NFL draft is scheduled for Thursday, April 26 (first round); Friday, April 27 (second and third rounds); and Saturday, April 28 (fourth-seventh rounds).

Losses (5)
NT Aubrayo Franklin (Saints)
OLB Manny Lawson (Bengals)
C David Baas (Giants)
LB Takeo Spikes (Chargers)
OLB Travis LaBoy (Chargers)

Gains (5)
CB Carlos Rogers
SS Donte Whitner
K David Akers
C Jonathan Goodwin
WR Braylon Edwards

RECENT 49ERS COMPENSATORY PICKS
Seventh round: OL Mike Person
Seventh round: CB Curtis Holcomb

Sixth round: WR Kyle Williams

Fifth round: QB Nate Davis
Seventh round: DL Ricky Jean-Francois

None

Third round: DE Ray McDonald
Fourth round: DT Joe Cohen

Seventh round: DB Vickiel Vaughn

Fifth round: WR Rasheed Marshall
Seventh round: TE Patrick Estes
Seventh round: TE Billy Bajema

Read more: No compensatory picks expected for 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
per CSN BAY AREA

Dec 12, 2006
I understand the rage but after getting the best season of 9ers football since 1997 Im pretty content, that and the fact that the Giants have a better pass rush, a much better QB, and there Number 3 WR is better than our #1, their the better team this year

Alex Smith finishes third in votes for the AP's Comeback Player of the Year, the award went to the Stafford

Dec 9, 2005
I dunno about the Stafford pick for comeback player. It's not like we didn't know he was good. He got hurt, came back, and played how everyone expected him to.

Alex on the other hand, was a guy who likely would have had a hard time finding a starting position anywhere else in the league, had the bust label all over him, and comes back and has a great year, maybe not mindblowing passing numbers, but extremely efficient.

Just my biased opinion.

Dec 4, 2006
Yeah, but do you think he can do it again?

how can you trust a guy that can't score TD's? he did it during the season and look at how horrible he played in the game that matter the most ..the Championship ....

A QB like that shouldn't be trusted in critical games, but that's my opinion ..

I just hope we do upgrade the QB position or give Tolzien or Kaepernick a shot at the job, because I'd like to see what they can bring to the table...

Dec 9, 2005
Well, he did fairly well for not having an offseason, in his first year in another entirely new system. I'd at least give him a shot.

I know you're not big on Alex, but realistically he's absolutely the best option we have right now. You'd really turn the offense over to Tolzien or Kaep, with 0 NFL games started between the both of them?

It's one thing to look stellar against a 3rd team defense in a pre-season game, but if these guys were ready, they'd be starting. The coaches see them day in & day out.

Alex is absolutely the best QB on our team, by a mile.

Dec 12, 2006
There was a article today about Harabaugh sending Alex Smith to accept his Coach of the Year award and how atleast the author of the article said that Alex is Harbaughs guy and hes gonna do more than start till Kaepy learns how to take a snap under center