Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
I think we'll be ok. When you have a player the caliber of P Willy he makes everyone around him better. Hopefully Bowman can step it up and Aldon Smith makes a difference. Definitely want to see Aubayo back tho.

Jan 12, 2006
I think we'll be ok. When you have a player the caliber of P Willy he makes everyone around him better. Hopefully Bowman can step it up and Aldon Smith makes a difference. Definitely want to see Aubayo back tho.
our defense looked like shit last year whenever takeo and willis werent on the field at the same time. And i would hate to go into the season depending on an unproven rookie and bowman who has been inconsistent at best. I'm not so mad that we might lose all the free agents mentioned. What pisses me off is the fact that we have a lot of cap space and the owners are too pussy to go sign anybody! we will end up resigning and over paying a bunch of second tier 49ers. I'm not asking to build through free agency but someone please name the last big free agent we brought in. like i said fuck balkee and the yorks!

Feb 12, 2004
Defense also looked like shit when we were ahead because of our coaching. I doubt Fangio and Harbaugh are going to play prevent in the 4th when were leading. Coaching and scheming should help out our guys a bit. Free agency hasn't even started so maybe they have some moves in store.

Jan 12, 2006
@AdamSchefter: The pre-camp battles: Vikings and Seahawks battling for WR Sidney Rice; Raiders and Niners battling for S Dashon Goldson.

@MaioccoCSN
49ers are fully prepared to pay to keep S Dashon Goldson. They'll go higher to sign him than any of their defensive free agents

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
49ers LT Joe Staley revealed that C Eric Heitmann suffered his career-threatening neck injury in former coach Mike Singletary's infamous "nutcracker" drill.
Singletary was the only coach still using the drill, which was more common half a century ago. The nutcracker involves two like-sized players crashing into each other to gain leverage. Patrick Willis (ankle), Tarell Brown (toe), and David Baas (broken foot) also sustained injuries from the drill. Upon installing the nutcracker, Singletary labeled it "pretty foolproof." The players felt differently.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

Lmao @ singletary...dude was so stuck to his ways... He probably still thinks it was the execution of gameplan by players that was to blame

Sep 15, 2009
RT @MaioccoCSN RT @michaelombardi: I am sure Houston is involved as well in Asomugha, but it sounds like SF and NY are in the lead right now..

This is interesting

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

damn, I hope the niners land ASO...we need help bad in that department. Niners were something like 2nd in the leauge in yards per run and pretty much the opposite in the passing game.

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah out pass defense was total garbage. I won't get too excited over Aso until it's more than speculation. I really hope we get him, especially after not signing TKO or Baas

Sep 15, 2009
RT @MaioccoCSN Source tells CSN Bay Area that 49ers will release QB David Carr on Thurs at 1 pm. Carr was scheduled to take up $2.375 million in cap room.

This is the best move we have made so far lol. More cap room = Asomugha and Clements?? Assuming Clements restructures his contract

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

^^^didn't sign TKO?? damn, I know he's an old man now but I think he had a good presence in the locker room.