Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
oh yeah! shit, for some reason I thought we had signed him for 2 years. You are right, it was a one year deal, I say bring him back.....

I'd love to see Sidney Rice as a 49er, but I don't think that's going to happen...
im coo off westbrook, that pussy was talking about wanting to go back to the eagles mid season last year. Sidney Rice would be dope though!

Dec 4, 2006
@MaioccoCSN Just received word from source that 49ers have informed Nate Clements they are releasing him.

I'm pretty sure the 49ers are bringing Nanmdi to the team or perhaps a QB? ....Kolb?

Dec 4, 2006
@JasonLaConfora The 49ers have not informed CB Nate Clements he will be released. Not saying he won't be a cap casualty at some point but nothing yet.

damn it! They should release him..

Feb 26, 2006
San Francisco 49ers in he hunt for Asomugha
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 09:04:24 PT | Recommend | Print
49erswebzone.com

According to Michael Lombardi of NFL Network, the New York Jet's main competition for the services of free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha are the San Francisco 49ers.

Lombardi says, "they are in it strong." He also goes on the tweet, "I am sure Houston is involved as well in Asomugha, but it sounds like SF and NY are in the lead right now."

Asomugha is the biggest name in free agency this year.

For those that felt that Asomugha was out of reach, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area mentions on Twitter, "Remember, 49ers can create $15M in cap wiggle room to go after Asomugha by addressing Clements' contract."

Matt Barrows mentions on his blog that, "Landing Asomugha likely would mean the 49ers would cut ties with another cornerback, Nate Clements, whom the 49ers signed to a massive deal in 2007."
http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/33794-san-francisco-49ers-hunt-asomugha/

Nov 14, 2004
manny lawson maybe to the cardinals
talks of laboy to SD

i think we should keep manny, we doing a lot of cleaning out, either have clements restructure his contract or release him, release Carr and his shitty arm throwing motion.

Whats the process for Palmer to pull a bret farve?

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Packers have begun negotiations with free agent LB Matt Wilhelm.
Wilhelm is a 30-year-old special teamer. He doubles as an inside linebacker, but the Packers wouldn't be bringing him back to play defensive snaps.

Oct 23, 2009
Gore better quit fuckin around or else he's gonna get cut too...29 at the start of the season and coming off a bad hip isn't gonna get him a great extension.

If they don't get Asomugha I think they should still go for Joseph, I think Cromartie is gonna get traded for Kolb and probably a pick.

Jan 12, 2006
Nanmdi signs 4 year with the jets

Joseph i hear is just waiting for namdi to sign so he can see what he was offered then he will sign with the texans.

rumors but they sound about right. 49ers stay taking L's! fuck the Yorks!

Dec 4, 2006

Joseph i hear is just waiting for namdi to sign so he can see what he was offered then he will sign with the texans.

I don't see anything with Nnamdi signing with the Jets....where did you get that from?

They signed Holmes, how in the hell would they sign Nnamdi tho? their money would be tight....

Jul 25, 2007

He didnt sign. Jets are still trying to get him. Dam, imagine him and revis together. WOOOOOW!