Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
how many time gore get the ball today? 30+ times? we need to let him chill a lil before we wear his ass out.... *pause* but seriously... mike sing and this run it run it run it bull shit is for the birds man... Glad we won, but fuck man..... by week 12-13 gore wont be worth shit... he will be beat down.....

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
how many time gore get the ball today? 30+ times? we need to let him chill a lil before we wear his ass out.... *pause* but seriously... mike sing and this run it run it run it bull shit is for the birds man... Glad we won, but fuck man..... by week 12-13 gore wont be worth shit... he will be beat down.....
I agree, but today Dixon got more of the ball and seemed a bit hessitant. I think we have to slowly blood him in and let him learn from Gore, maybe as the season goes on he will get more carries to take the pressure off gore.

Nov 14, 2004
yea^^ totally agree they need to supplement the other backs in throughout, westbrook did well today, and i think this is the most i saw of dixon this entire season, hopefully troy stays in, he played well, and no turnovers

Oct 23, 2009
LOL @ Takeo calling Troy - Willie Beaman:beard:
----------------------------------------------------

LONDON -- The 49ers got huge contributions Sunday from a couple of backup players.

Tight end Vernon Davis has nothing to worry about. When he gets healthy again, he will regain his starting job. However, it's not so simple with quarterback Alex Smith.

The 49ers are likely to stick with the hot hand at quarterback, coach Mike Singletary intimated after Troy Smith earned a game ball for his performance in the 49ers' 24-16 victory over the Denver Broncos in front of 83,941 fans at Wembley Stadium.

Singletary has no other choice but to stick with the new Smith on the block.

"We're going to continue to go forward with Troy Smith right now," Singletary said. "We're going into the bye week, and as far as Alex Smith is concerned, it's a week-to-week deal. I'll wait and talk to our doctors, trainers, whatever. But we'll make those decisions as we need to."

Troy Smith leapfrogged veteran backup David Carr on the depth chart -- virtually sight unseen -- to get the start in place of Alex Smith, who is out 2 to 3 weeks with a separated left shoulder.

The 49ers finish the first half of the season with a 2-6 record. Troy Smith, making his first start since the final two games of the 2007, put together the best performance the 49ers have received from a quarterback this season.

Smith finished with 12 completions in 19 attempts for 196 yards with one touchdown passing, and one touchdown rushing. His passer rating was 115.2. He also showed some nifty elusiveness to avoid getting sacked.

"Very impressed," Singletary said. "Very impressed."

Troy Smith did not see any snaps in practice running the 49ers' offense through the first seven weeks of the regular season after the 49ers signed him Sept. 6 after he was among the Baltimore Ravens' final cuts.

"I thought he handled himself very well," Singletary said.

It did not take long for the new quarterback to find a comfort zone with the backup tight end, either. Backup Delanie Walker got a lot of chances to work with Troy Smith during the week with Davis limited because of an ankle sprain.

"I told Troy to just throw that ball up there, and I was going to go get it," Walker said.

But when Smith heaved a deep pass to Walker with the 49ers trailing by a touchdown in the fourth quarter, Walker was not expecting it.

Walker went up to make the 38-yard catch with Broncos Pro Bowl defenders Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins nearby. Smith took it into the end zone on a bootleg on the next play.

Smith threw a 28-yard touchdown pass to Michael Crabtree with 7:29 remaining in the game to give the 49ers a 17-10 lead.

Then, Manny Lawson's forced fumble and Takeo Spikes' recovery led to another quick touchdown -- this one coming on Frank Gore's 3-yard run. The 49ers led 24-10 with 3:47 remaining.

Walker played the entire second half after he replaced Davis, who started the game but aggravated his ankle. Walker came through with five receptions for 85 yards.

"He (Walker) was one of the guys that offensively helped me throughout the week, game-planning and with my whole preparation," Troy Smith said.

"I told him, 'If I get into a situation where I have to look for a guy, it's going to be you, because he helped me so much. He came up with a tremendous play right there."

The 49ers stuck with a conservative offensive game plan for most of the first three quarters. It was only after the 49ers fell behind in the second half that offensive coordinator Mike Johnson began to open up the offense.

Through the first two quarters, Smith completed just 4 of 9 passes for 37 yards. The 49ers planned to lean heavily on Gore, who gained 118 yards on 29 carries.

But when the 49ers needed Smith to make plays, that's exactly what he did.

When asked if he views himself as an NFL starter, Troy Smith cited evidence that he always places himself in the starting lineup when he plays video games.

"I would like to say that, but I'm not going down that road," Troy Smith said. "I think the coaching staff does a tremendous job of putting the players and the guys in a situation and the positions to make plays. We're going to play it by the week, and they'll let me know what's going on."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/31/10/Maiocco-49ers-Likely-to-Stick-with-Hot-H/landing.html?full_args=10/31/10/Maiocco-49ers-Likely-to-Stick-with-Hot-H/landing&blockID=342713&feedID=5936

Dec 4, 2006
I think Troy Smith might be the answer the 49ers been looking for....

The guy look very comfy in the pocket...the way he moved and how he throws the ball was dope....

I just hope Singletary sticks to his words and let him play for the rest of the season..

Oct 23, 2009
As long as Singletary keeps his stupid ass outta the Offensive playbook they can do better. Its clear he pressured Mike Johnson into doing the same the first 3 quarters before trailing in the 4th.

I do think that Troy has the ability to find open receivers or make time for someone to open up. Alex would just take a half sack before making a retarted attempt to throw it away on the way to the ground.

Dec 4, 2006
Yeah...but the problem is that Singletary only wants to run the ball..

They need to open up that playbook and take advantage of that arm...Troy Smith got it..

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I think we would all be singin a different song if that hail mary to delanie got intercepted, but he did look great in the pocket
true but remember Eli Manning's crazy lob up to David Tyree vs. the Patriots in the Superbowl?? lol

DESTINY! JUST LIKE THE 2010 GIANTS!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Yeah...but the problem is that Singletary only wants to run the ball..

They need to open up that playbook and take advantage of that arm...Troy Smith got it..
IF WE SOMEHOW GET RANDY MOSS, RUNNING THE BALL WOULD GO MUCH EASIER, SHIT EVEN RUNNING THE BALL OUT THE SPREAD OFFENSE WOULD WORK MUCH BETTER, RANDY GETS DOUBLED AND TRIPLED EACH PLAY, THAT WOULD ALSO ALLOW CRABTREE TO GO OFF AND POTENTIALLY GET DOUBLED, ALOT OF TIMES VERNON GETS A LB IN COVERAGE WITH SAFETY HELP

JUST THOSE 3 PLAYERS COULD POTENTIALLY COMMAND 6 DEFENDERS LEAVING 5 IN THE BOX, IF JED REALLY WANTS PLAYOFFS AND HIS STADIUM, HE WILL MAKE SURE HE PUTS IN A CLAIM FOR MOSS WHEN HES AVAILABLE

Oct 23, 2009
Matt Barrows' Twitter:
Niners claim LB Thaddeus Gibson on waivers; place C Eric Heitmann (neck) on injured reserve.

Looks like Baas is the man for the rest of the year. I think he's been doing a solid job there, hopefully the O-line can keep improving.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Matt Barrows' Twitter:
Niners claim LB Thaddeus Gibson on waivers; place C Eric Heitmann (neck) on injured reserve.

Looks like Baas is the man for the rest of the year. I think he's been doing a solid job there, hopefully the O-line can keep improving.
they were good against denver, maybe it was the fact troy was there and they wanted to help him.