Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
John York: 49ers committed to Singletary through season
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/john-york-49ers.html
The 49ers are off to a 1-6 start, but owner John York today said he remains committed to coach Mike Singletary. "Mike is our head coach," York said today at Northumberland Park Community School in north London where some of his players held a coaching clinic alongside players from Tottenham Hotspur of the English football Premier League.

I asked York if Singletary would be the coach through the season. "Yes, he's our coach," he quickly replied. A Comcast Sports report earlier this week cited a source who said that there were grumbles from York and son Jed over Singletary following Sunday's 23-20 loss to Carolina. "I'm not sure why somebody would have said that," John York said. "We were grumbling because we lost the game. I think we grumble any time we lose a game."

Like Singletary, York insisted that the 49ers would snap out of their funk if they managed to stop making mistakes and turning the ball over. "It didn't help for us to have Alex injured," he said. "But we'll deal with that separately." Alex, of course, is starting quarterback Alex Smith, who suffered a sprained AC joint in his left shoulder when he was driven into the ground in Sunday's loss to Carolina.

The 49ers did not offer any more specifics about Smith's prognosis Tuesday, and Smith was not one of the five 49ers at the community event. However, a team spokesman said that Smith's left arm was still in a sling Wednesday just as it was immediately following the game.

Upon arriving in London on Monday morning, Smith had an MRI at a local hospital that confirmed that he had sprained the AC or acromioclavicular joint in his left, non-throwing, shoulder. That likely means that Smith has a separated shoulder, although there are different degrees of that injury. Smith suffered a Grade Three sprain in 2007, an injury normally associated with automobile crashes.

The 49ers' doctors are with the team in London. The 49ers will hold their first practice of the week tomorrow (Wednesday). However, their Wednesday's sessions are only partially open to the media and it will be difficult to assess who is getting the most repetitions. Smith also is scheduled to speak to reporters.

The 49ers who attended the event were guard Mike Iupati, guard Tony Wragge, safety Chris Maragos and practice squadders Kevin Jurovich and Will Tukuafu. Three players from Tottenham Hotspur were on hand, the most prominent of whom was Michael Dawson, who was on England's national team for the World Cup this summe

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/john-york-49ers.html#ixzz13UNRu5iL

Jul 25, 2007
^^^What else can you do. Let Sing ride the season even more down the hole and fire his ass then hire a competent coach. I dont think a big time coach would come in during the mid season anyways to take over the garbage that Singletary has built up and fuck hiring another interim coach. I dont wanna see manusky or solari taking over. We need to clean out our whole coaching staff and bring in a competent offensive minded coach with our weapons. GRUDEN for 2011-12.

Mar 12, 2010
^^^What else can you do. Let Sing ride the season even more down the hole and fire his ass then hire a competent coach. I dont think a big time coach would come in during the mid season anyways to take over the garbage that Singletary has built up and fuck hiring another interim coach. I dont wanna see manusky or solari taking over. We need to clean out our whole coaching staff and bring in a competent offensive minded coach with our weapons. GRUDEN for 2011-12.
Gruden or Billick we need an offensive minded coach or atleast someone that has a better understanding of the x's and o's

Oct 23, 2009
Most of our losses going back to last year were by a score or less. Biggest problem is we always lose the turnover battle....good teams find ways to create turnovers when needed, we find ways to give the ball away.