Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
Coach Sing says he knows 'enough'...meaning...Frank Gore is going to carry the load while Alex is out. I like the new look at QB. I didn't take much more than what we saw from Carr during his time in Houston to tell me that he sucks donkey nuts.

I've never seen Troy Smith play in the NFL.

Nov 14, 2004
I'm glad we started troy, at this point anything is better than carr, I'm sure if nate davis wouldn't have been such a lazy ass and knew the damn playbook he woulda been the no 2 guy, I know he has a learning disability but he isn't retarded, he's fucking it up for himself, this woulda been a good time for him to step up but he didn't put in the work neccessary so he doesn't deserve to start

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I hope he does really well, I like mobile QB's but the big question is, is he accurate? We will see. I don't think he will throw the ball much but I hope we share the carries around to take the pressure off Gore. And not just 1 fucking carry to Dixon :/

Oct 23, 2009
Coach Sing says he knows 'enough'...meaning...Frank Gore is going to carry the load while Alex is out.
So back to Jimmy Raye stuff....fuck I hope they don't do that dumb shit again. Give the fuckin QB's a chance to make some plays.

Please Sing don't let me see:
1st down - Gore run
2nd down - Gore run
3rd down - short pass to Gore

4th Quarter - desperately try to get the ball to V. Davis / Crabtree / Morgan

This is getting really redundant and irritating to watch.

Mar 12, 2010
So back to Jimmy Raye stuff....fuck I hope they don't do that dumb shit again. Give the fuckin QB's a chance to make some plays.

Please Sing don't let me see:
1st down - Gore run
2nd down - Gore run
3rd down - short pass to Gore

4th Quarter - desperately try to get the ball to V. Davis / Crabtree / Morgan

This is getting really redundant and irritating to watch.
co-sign on that breh

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
If I was coach, I'd stick with the run on sunday because the broncos are lacking a bit in run D so far. Same thing on D, I think we can shut down their run game but I think they might be hard for us to stop when they throw the ball in the air and will cause us problems. Hopefully we can be a bit more creative with our running to open them up so we don't have to rely so much on a guy who hasnt started in 3 years.

Feb 12, 2004
Damn! Reading this makes me feel bad for Nate Davis.

I don't think it's his talent or work ethic holding him back, but his disability.

The quarterback, 49ers second-year pro Nate Davis, has dyslexia and often works for close to 45 minutes at night with housemate and Niners wide receiver Dominique Zeigler to master the system. Davis' learning disability often causes him to mix up basics like left and right - not a good thing in the football world when sets and blocking patterns depend on directions.

He has a tough time "getting the play out" and actually executing a given call.

"I know what I'm doing out there. It's just saying the play, that's my main problem, getting the words out," Davis said. "I made big progress from last year. I've just got to keep on working."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...vis-working-hard-learn-playbook#ixzz13a3GCbZu

Dec 2, 2006
Not really but our pathetic win did come against our pathetic cross town rivals thats good enough for me but i have to say ....

Mad? Because you guys beat us? A little dissapointed but not mad. At the begining of the year if you were to tell me you can beat SD, "lost" to the Niners, and win against Denver, I would say give it here everytime. We are fighting for a division title this year. How about yall? You are fighting the Bills and Panthers for the #1 pick.

Mar 12, 2010
Mad? Because you guys beat us? A little dissapointed but not mad. At the begining of the year if you were to tell me you can beat SD, "lost" to the Niners, and win against Denver, I would say give it here everytime. We are fighting for a division title this year. How about yall? You are fighting the Bills and Panthers for the #1 pick.
it is what it is im still making my money with the point spreads

Dec 4, 2006
I'm glad Singletary is finally giving Troy Smith the chance...

Ayo4yayo beat me to the punch with the video...props!

I honestly think Troy Smith might be able to win us a few games, the guy can run and has one helluva of an arm tho.

He's pretty accurate as well, but not all the way. He's also good in the pocket if an O-line gives him the time to make plays.

Dec 12, 2006
^ If he can beat the Broncos will see, cuz after them we got a the bye and then the rams at home and by that time Alex Smith will be ready to go, I dont see him getting benched for Troy boy

Dec 4, 2006
^ If he can beat the Broncos will see, cuz after them we got a the bye and then the rams at home and by that time Alex Smith will be ready to go, I dont see him getting benched for Troy boy
If Troy can beat the Donkeys and puts one helluva of a show, I think he might stay in and Singletary will let Smith heal all the way..