Niner Fans: What Do You Think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
As much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't mind if we lost every game for the rest of the season IF it meant we get a competent head coach with an offensive mind and a QB for the future like Andrew Luck.

I'm the last guy that wants to be thought of as someone who gives up on his team, but I'm thinking about our future here. I will continue to root for this team and hope they win, but in the back of my mind, I know the more we lose this year, the better the chance of us getting a franchise QB and a better head coach.

This isn't like 2005 when we drafted Alex's bitch ass. We had no talent whatsoever back then. This team is currently filled with talent outside of the QB position (for offense, anyway), it just lacks the coaching. By firing Singletary and hiring a smart, offensive-minded head coach, we can put a guy like Andrew Luck in position to be successful within 1-2 years.

So what do you guys think? Would you rather tank and get a franchise QB and better head coach, or squeeze out some wins just to say we won some games? At 0-5, it's highly unlikely we go on a winning streak long enough to get us into the playoffs.

Everyone else is welcome to throw their 2 cents in as well.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
9ers won't tank though and that's the problem. They'll be mediocre enough to probably draft within the top 10, not #1. Singletary will do anything to get a win to save his ass, he doesn't care about tanking at this point just so he could get fired.

Feb 12, 2004
Time to draft a winner.

Sadly, coach Sing has to go. I love the guy and I think one day he will be a great coach, but not now. We need a head coach to get our guys prepared for the games, play to their strengths and exploit their opponents weaknesses. IMO everyone from the Nolan era needs to go, except MAYBE Manusky. Definitely want a offensive minded coach. It sucks because we all waited so long for football season to start and now that it's here, our team and coaching staff are not what we all expected.

Dec 4, 2006
Season is over for the 49ers...I don't see us getting a win anytime soon...

and yes we need a real QB and a real head coach....

all I can do is keep supporting my team.....Smith will hear it from me next weekend.....

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I called it to a fucking T. Say I didn't and you are a liar.
9ers had one of the toughest schedules out there for any team in their first five games. Yall could've easily went 0-5 on this schedule. Surprisingly they only did well enough to lose by a FG to the Saints, 2 pts to the Falcons at the last 2nd, and looked to come back against the Eagles even though they killed themselves again.

Sorry but I'm not saying they suck, mostly only Alex smith.

Apr 25, 2002
I think you guys suck and are exactly who I thought you were, all bullshit aside. I tried to tell you.
There's no way you called this without a slab of hate influencing you. Nothing about this team suggested this would happen and you know it.

But since you're clearly here to gloat, go for it. You were right. Props. Right on. Good job. You get an 'A.' Outstanding.

By the way, I told you all JaMarcus Russell would bust from the beginning and I also told you Campbell wouldn't do as well in Oakland as he did in Washington. Where's my cookie and props?

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
I'm a die hard raider fan n y'all know that but 9ers are a QB, and a few small things away from bein a contender.

I thought smith was a bust awhile ago but I always had that feeling in the back of my head that he'll become a good QB cuz he's had some REALLY good games. He's just not consistent at all. He's def not the future of this team and thats for sure. He's more than likely done after this year.

As much as I hate the 9ers, u can't deny the talent on that team. Good #1 WR in crabtree, top 5 TE in Davis. O line when healthy and another year together should become a force in the future. I forget dudes name but the rookie guard from Idaho I think, is already a starting material guard. Prolly start on any team.

The defense should only get better wit Willis as the anchor of that defense n another year together to build that chemistry.

So pretty much over all, alex smith is what's holding back this team to reach it's potential.

Edit: also an experienced offensive minded coach.

Dec 2, 2006
There's no way you called this without a slab of hate influencing you. Nothing about this team suggested this would happen and you know it.

But since you're clearly here to gloat, go for it. You were right. Props. Right on. Good job. You get an 'A.' Outstanding.

By the way, I told you all JaMarcus Russell would bust from the beginning and I also told you Campbell wouldn't do as well in Oakland as he did in Washington. Where's my cookie and props?
There was some bias involved for sure, but was i wrong? Right on for the A. I will stack it with the rest.

Russell is a truck but the jury is still out on Campbell, you see what he did today?

Apr 25, 2002
There was some bias involved for sure, but was i wrong?
You were not wrong. That I cannot dispute.

radiostationrep said:
Russell is a truck but the jury is still out on Campbell, you see what he did today?
I did see what he did today, but I also saw what he did his first couple games in Oakland. Let's just say it's not what he was doing in Washington.

Mar 5, 2007
9ers had one of the toughest schedules out there for any team in their first five games. Yall could've easily went 0-5 on this schedule. Surprisingly they only did well enough to lose by a FG to the Saints, 2 pts to the Falcons at the last 2nd, and looked to come back against the Eagles even though they killed themselves again.

Sorry but I'm not saying they suck, mostly only Alex smith.
Hahaha

You guys still crying about your schedule... just face it the 49ers suck! So you guys wanna talk about how the Cards schedule is so much easier??? When we practically played the same teams or at least same level of competition of teams. We are 3-2 and yall are 0-5. hahaha! What now??! LOL

Yea how about them Cards.... Sitting on top of the NFC West!

Dec 2, 2006
You were not wrong. That I cannot dispute.

I did see what he did today, but I also saw what he did his first couple games in Oakland. Let's just say it's not what he was doing in Washington.
I am not sold on Campbell yet, but he came in with the poise of a veteran today. I mean 97 and 83 yard touchdown drives if I am not mistaken? The Raiders may have finally got over the hump. We will know next week.

Apr 25, 2002
it's not just alex smith, your D sucks too. they have their moments, but overall might don't got it. y'all made matt cassell and kevin kolb look good.
This defense allows teams to move the ball, but they don't allow that many points considering the teams they've played so far. They do seem to be giving up this year, and some of that falls on the coaching. Singletary is dabbling in the gameplans far more than he should considering he's no "X's and O's" guy.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
They're a QB and a coaching staff away from being a contender. Unfortunately, those are far from "small things."

This team doesn't need to rebuild in terms of players, it just needs competent coaching and a QB.
When I said that, I was more so talkin bout the players. A QB and a couple upgrades to some positions n y'all should be contenders. Coachin is a diff story, but u are correct. I was a big fan of singletary but like someone said, he's just not ready to be a head coach yet. Maybe in the future, but not right now.

I edited my last post by mentioning the need to change the coaching position.