NEW X-men 2012

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
They'd be as wrong as you are then. Based upon the feedback I've provided in this forum there are far more movies that I like than dislike - thread history karate chops your theory to shit spliter would be proud of. You may remember the ones I dislike more readily than the ones I like because of how vocal I am in my displeasure, but it certainly would not be correct to say I dislike the majority of the films I've discussed on here.
Dude, you hate most of what Hollywood puts out. Are you REALLY trying to deny that? Really? REALLY??? You act like there is something WRONG with that. Dont be so defensive. I dont like a majority of music that comes out these days, and im "vocal" about that. Who gives a shit? Its the goddamn internet.

Awww that's so sweet that you think about me even when I'm not around. :classic:
Not really. The fact that I am in the Movie Forum, to which you mod, and the conversation is about a comic book adaption prompted me to think that. Its called association.

Mar 18, 2003
I believe my position on this matter has been predicated. So I'm not gonna "jump in", so to speak. But I will say this (and this is not aimed directly at CB, but in general); I think some peoples taste/opinions (as they are "voiced" in this forum) on the movies they have seen are influenced by factors not related to the film itself.

Jul 9, 2007
WOW I honestly don't remember posting anything I posted in this thread. I am amazed I was even still awake at like 11 am. I thought I passed out at like 7 or 8 in the morning after drinking all night. I think natural ice must be laced with meth to make me still be awake and that drunk. I just woke up like 3 hours ago.

Yeah and LOL at me totally fucking up the classic G.I. Joe line. What a drunk dumbass.

LMFAO

Aug 16, 2003
I liked it more then I thought I would. I will say Magneto is the best part of the whole thing...hes a straight sav in some of the scences lol.

Some of the Xmen kind of blend into the background after a while but Kevin Bacons as Sebastion Shaw as great and Xavier was a young mind reading G in his prime lol.

I'd give the movie an 8/10. It was on point with the spy movie kind of feel to it...but when they jump more onto the Xmen/ Mutant part towards the end..some parts felt kind of cheesy to me. Its still worth a watch in a good theater.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I dug the hell out of this movie.

*SPOILER ALERT*

But I'm really getting tired of the anticlimactic evil-archetype-dies-unspectacularly write offs in Hollywood movies.

Without going further into it, there was potential (given what happens near the climax) to have a tremendous battle to the death between the Hellfire Club and the X-Men, but they decided to use the human military aspect as the second climax, and that took away the attetion of Bacon's character and what he was about to accomplish. IDK... All that rising action just to be kind of deflated the way it happened, albeit regardless of how cool the villain's death scene was, is kind of aggravating.

The two cameo's in the movie were great. One I had spoiled for me, and the other I knew nothing about, so I did get a bit of a surprise.

"Go fuck yourself."

The best usage of the F-word to achieve a PG-13 rating in a while.

Stryker's age in the film kind of worries me as this film does have ties to the second X-Men movie and so on, so maybe the old Stryker in this film is William Stryker's father? He is billed as William Stryker ",Sr." so where does that leave the Brian Cox "William Stryker" of X2? He is billed only as William Stryker with no surname.

Also, the numerable "familiar face" character actors were really cool to see on screen and sharing in some cameo time, as well.

There were some solid memorable lines, the most memorable is "Let's just say I'm Frankenstein's monster... and I'm looking for my maker."

There were some things, deaths in particular, that I felt were rushed(Darwin and Shaw) and some things for the sake of continuity(Azazel teleporting the team away from the island without receiving instructions where to actually teleport to) that I take issue with, but the fact of the matter is this movie is very cool, took a lot of unrelated things and mashed them together pretty cohesively(Beast creating the Blackbird and the suits the X-Men wear).

Also, not mentioning Riptide's name(The guy that created tornado's) seemed to me to be a tremendous oversight by the director and writers of the screenplay. I've haven't seen many movies that don't offer some mention of a characters name, and if they remained nameless it was usually at least mentioned in the story.

*SPOILER ALERT OFF*

I will say this before I give my rating; I believe this was as good as the first two X-Men films, the second being the best of all three. You can barely see the effects of a rushed production and budget cuts, but Vaughn masked it subtly without leaving big mistakes on screen.

8/10

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Yes. And you probably like lots of shit I would never watch. Art, film, blah blah blah is all subjective to the individual. Let's keep the reviews for this moving, sir.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I saw both of the first two films and couldn't tell you the difference between the two. Both were that forgettable.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
I liked this. It is good, almost approaching greatness. Over at IMDb, some people are comparing this to Batman Begins. BB is the clear winner for me, as it is a much more focused movie. First Class banks on its two main characters most of all, but some of the side characters' story arcs took me out of the movie at times.

7.5/10

Sep 29, 2003
i havent really read a bad review about this new x-men yet. Batman is pretty well the only decent super-hero franchise I can tolerate. I will definitely check this movie out.

Oh, I gotta ask, is this one like a reboot to the series? Or is it a continuation from x-men 3?