Marijuana legalization gets OK from California legislative committee‎

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 15, 2006
Assemblyman Tom Ammiano emerged Tuesday from a victorious committee vote to legalize marijuana proclaiming history was in the making.

It didn't matter that his bill was dead on non-arrival. A separate Assembly health committee won't take up the bill this week, meaning it will miss a legislative deadline for reaching the Assembly floor.

But the political theater Ammiano stirred in winning a 4-3 vote in the Public Safety Committee for pot's legalization raises the curtain on a near-certain November ballot fight and heated skirmishes in the Legislature over the future of marijuana use in California.

"I think the conversation is definitely gaining traction," Ammiano, a San Francisco Democrat, said after the bill passed the committee he chairs. "There was a time when the 'M' word was never mentioned in Sacramento."

No more.

Not when the owner of an Oakland medical pot dispensary has spent more than $1 million toward qualifying a November initiative to allow all California residents over age 21 to possess, cultivate or transport marijuana for personal use.

Not when police officers and clergy members crowded into Ammiano's hearing room, imploring lawmakers against swooning to promises that California's fiscal ills could be alleviated with more than $1 billion in new pot taxes.

To read the complete article, visit www.sacbee.com.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/1422265.html

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
Time to find another business fuck keeping that shit Illegal. If you about your biz you can adjust to this shit.
Whats a postive to legalizing? Your not gonna be able to legally sell pounds, so that doesnt change. Im sure the legislation will include a limit (ie- an ounce) of what you can have on your person. The only positive is it will be taxed and the state wull get some much needed revenue. Which IMO is the only positive. Maybe Im bias coming from Sonoma County where posessing less than ounce is already decriminalized.

May 9, 2002
Whats a postive to legalizing? Your not gonna be able to legally sell pounds, so that doesnt change. Im sure the legislation will include a limit (ie- an ounce) of what you can have on your person. The only positive is it will be taxed and the state wull get some much needed revenue. Which IMO is the only positive. Maybe Im bias coming from Sonoma County where posessing less than ounce is already decriminalized.
I think people get this delusion that people are just going to be walking down the street, smoking blunts in from of cops and all that. It seems "exciting" becuase its...new. However, drinking alcohol in public, is a misdemeanor and can get you a fine or even jail time. Im sure the same will apply to marijuana.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I think they should... If cali does it a lot of states will fallow, because they will not want to miss out on the $$$

I agree, this can open the market for retail weed... like how theres micro brewery's and small beer company's... so can these growers!

Apr 23, 2006
so many people are tryin to take the dealers side and that most likely is whats gunna stop this from passing on a november ballot

the only thing i have to say to them is its time to change your game... take out a loan and open a store made specifically for selling weed... get proper business licenses and grow commercially

this isnt gunna stop anyone who is seriously about there paper its just gunna make it easier and more legit

i personally cant wait to oversee production of 1000 legal plants and get paid salary for that shit