Magna Carta Holy Grail

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
the only people praising this shit are the brain washed masses. the ones that do not question their status as a consumer. when music tells them that the pursuit of money and all things material is the life to strive towards, the masses blindly accept it as truth.

hammer went corporate back in the day and got destroyed by rap (by tribe called quest, of all people). now being a corporate puppet is the thing to do, something to aspire to.

smh. guess the game has come a long way. i aint fuckin with it.

its 2013 and not 1990 you cant keep living in the past, you gotta take the present for what it is and make the best out of it rather its music, life or whatever. no one on here is gonna be able to change the masses minds they will just grill yall ass and call yall old or lames. remember hip hop demographs target market are usually for ages 13-23. its always been like that. hip hop is youth music.

Point is Jay-z is here to stay forever so deal with it or if you dont like him then stop listening to rap bc even after he dies he still gonna be etched in rap stone like pac, biggie and the other greats that died. as a matter of fact when he dies he gonna overshadow biggie & eazy e bc his catalog and accomplishments are way bigger and he accomplished more. same with eminem.

Last edited:

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
its 2013 and not 1990 you cant keep living in the past, you gotta take the present for what it is and make the best out of it rather its music, life or whatever. no one on here is gonna be able to change the masses minds they will just grill yall ass and call yall old or lames. remember hip hop demographs target market are usually for ages 13-23. its always been like that. hip hop is youth music.

Point is Jay-z is here to stay forever so deal with it or if you dont like him then stop listening to rap bc even after he dies he still gonna be etched in rap stone like pac, biggie and the other greats that died.
I don't see why 2013 has to be different from 1990 when it comes to selling out.

It makes no sense for selling out to be a mortal sin in 1990 and to be praised upon by everybody in 2013 and for both of those things to be OK. I am no moral absolutist, but it is not morals we are talking about here, it is the music, In 1990 it was absolutely not OK to make watered down corporate-controlled music and it was not OK because it was bad for the music and if anything it has an even more negative effect than before because society as a whole has bought much more fully into free market ideology with the corresponding consequences this has had for the way music is made. So that has not changed - it is still bad for the music, in fact it's even worse. Therefore the only way people can think it's OK in 2013 is if they have completely stopped caring about the music.

I know you belong to that category - you have demonstrated that over the years that the main criteria by which you judge artists is how much money they made rather than the quality of their music.

But some people see that as a problem and it should not be that hard to see why

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2003
I don't see why 2013 has to be different from 1990 when it comes to selling out.

It makes no sense for selling out to be a mortal sin in 1990 and to be praised upon by everybody in 2013 and for both of those things to be OK. I am no moral absolutist, but it is not morals we are talking about here, it is the music, In 1990 it was absolutely not OK to make watered down corporate-controlled music and it was not OK because it was bad for the music and if anything it has an even more negative effect than before because society as a whole has bought much more fully into free market ideology with the corresponding consequences this has had for the way music is made. So that has not changed - it is still bad for the music, in fact it's even worse. Therefore the only way people can think it's OK in 2013 is if they have completely stopped caring about the music.

I know you belong to that category - you have demonstrated that over the years that the main criteria by which you judge artists is how much money they made rather than the quality of their music.

But some people see that as a problem and it should not be that hard to see why

The rap/urban game whole culture changed. not to sound funny you live in another country and youre pretty much trapped in the 90s music wise. but just look at the game now though: its cool to pop pills now when back in the day you be called a fiend, its cool to date a white female now when back in the day you be called a sellout and clowned, its cool to be gay now when back in the day they had to be closet or they would be exiled from society or even beatin up, its cool to dry snitch on yourself now on social media sites and videos they call that shit "keeping it real", you dont even got to be a talent rapper now to get people feeling you its more about fashion image then skills(look at amigos, trinidad james and them trash artists they cant rap to save their lives but they have "fashion swagg"), rappers can be fake and exposed like rick ross but people dont care, fools will kill you quicker for nothing now and act like its not shit to get life in prison and tell on everyone involved.

see the game has changed completely so there you have it. this generation has a different outlook and different mentality on life and low attention spands now. like i said this 2013 and not 1990. do you think these kids gonna give a shit about your views on rap...nope. they gonna tell you to take your ass somewhere with that shit lol. in all honesty though if its so bad to you then its time you stop listening to it that simple.

but im done speaking on all this sounds like to me you have a personal issues with teh artist or labels so why dont u reach out to all them on twitter or they emails and write them reports bc me and you writing novels to each other isnt going to change nothing due to the fact no one relevant in this situation fucks with siccness or masses dont either. mostly only people on here are older fans of west coast music from the 90s, underground heads or bay area residents.

Last edited:

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Once again, you are more then happy to just go with whatever direction the world around you is taking without questioning the wisdom of it. That's herd behavior and that's never a good thing. One should be able to form their own informed opinions.

Also, for the record, I am not trapped in the 90s (and I do in fact live in the US), there is plenty of current music I like, just not the kind that ends up being on a Jay-Z or Kanye West album. This is not a case of the usual behavioral pattern of people from an older generation looking down on what the next generation is doing.

Finally, there is a very good piece of evidence confirming that mainstream music today sucks and it is all the artists that were born in the 90s (and never really experienced that period themselves) and who built a following by making music that is at the very least heavily influenced by odler hip-hop and in some cases is a direct copy of it. This is the first time this is happening - hip-hop in the 90s was heavily influenced by 70s soul and funk but it was something building upon older music, not a copy of it, in contrast to what you see now.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
i always thought jay z could care less about indie rappers until he subliminally dissed jayo felony. so who knows bro. these dudes get on the road and get handed cds left and right.
did bleek know who jt was?
did plies knew the regime originated from yuk? who knows.
imo if i was a top tier nigga i wouldnt even bother with indie rap, id be too occupied making business deals, travelling etc.
but as far as jay z he has never made a garbage album. maybe something we didnt like, but not trash tho, imo.
I wonder if they think like that though if they're major. I personally would still blast the underground stuff if it was good. A huge portion of my life was seeking out music I liked regardless of where it was from and that's why I have such a diverse musical taste now. I didn't care what other people thought or who made it, if I liked it, I was gonna bump it. I don't know that I would have that kinda time if I was ballin outta control to go digging through cd's at Rasputin's or something but then again, I might have WAY more time if I was ballin outta control lol

Point is, I don't think your musical taste all the sudden changes just cause you're getting money. You just might not have the time to do what you used to do once you get a taste of the high life.

Feb 8, 2003
Once again, you are more then happy to just go with whatever direction the world around you is taking without questioning the wisdom of it. That's herd behavior and that's never a good thing. One should be able to form their own informed opinions.

Also, for the record, I am not trapped in the 90s (and I do in fact live in the US), there is plenty of current music I like, just not the kind that ends up being on a Jay-Z or Kanye West album. This is not a case of the usual behavioral pattern of people from an older generation looking down on what the next generation is doing.

Finally, there is a very good piece of evidence confirming that mainstream music today sucks and it is all the artists that were born in the 90s (and never really experienced that period themselves) and who built a following by making music that is at the very least heavily influenced by odler hip-hop and in some cases is a direct copy of it. This is the first time this is happening - hip-hop in the 90s was heavily influenced by 70s soul and funk but it was something building upon older music, not a copy of it, in contrast to what you see now.

you got me all wrong im never bias i can give a fuckless if music came out today theres still some good music being made today maybe not as much as before thats only bc the game is over saturated bc theres alot of wanna be rappers and not enough listeners.

well if you not happy about today then get off the siccness.net and go preach where you actually gonna be heard and save the world aquaman.. i bet you no one listens and clown you too. bc today image more important then the actual music bc the youth was brainwashed that way from the previous generation. for example you run up on a bitch rocking some old air force ones you getting turned down u run up on a bitch in js looking fresh then u getting her bc its about material things now more then ever. non of us can change that. but like i said if you dont like it then just give listening to rap music up bc shits only gonna get worst each year. shit will never be the same as it was in 90s and lyricsm isnt gonna comeback. even alot the lyricst are dumbing it down bc they know reality.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2003
I wonder if they think like that though if they're major. I personally would still blast the underground stuff if it was good. A huge portion of my life was seeking out music I liked regardless of where it was from and that's why I have such a diverse musical taste now. I didn't care what other people thought or who made it, if I liked it, I was gonna bump it. I don't know that I would have that kinda time if I was ballin outta control to go digging through cd's at Rasputin's or something but then again, I might have WAY more time if I was ballin outta control lol

Point is, I don't think your musical taste all the sudden changes just cause you're getting money. You just might not have the time to do what you used to do once you get a taste of the high life.

he said in teh interview that if music hot it gets to him and he let the artist know. so in other words either rich the factor is shitty to him or his people didnt think it was worthy to bring to him.

you gotta remember one thing just bc some yall are hardcore underground fans dont mean the rest of the world is. bc most artist yall talk about the average person havent even heard of them or know who they are.

Last edited:

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
We are well aware of that.

The problem is that, as I am tired of repeating, that you are embracing that kind of attitude as something OK. It's not. It doesn't matter if it's what 99% of people do, it's still not OK.

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
Lmfao @ the R Kelly diss on BBC. Plenty of y'all won't catch it. That being said,dood is hit n miss on this project. I mean, who doesn't love a pimp-c quote like that? I just had a bitch strip nekkid once one of these songs came on. there's like 6 songs on here im like wtf tho.

Props: Darkshowdown
Feb 8, 2003
We are well aware of that.

The problem is that, as I am tired of repeating, that you are embracing that kind of attitude as something OK. It's not. It doesn't matter if it's what 99% of people do, it's still not OK.
you act like im saying if you cant beat them then join them and thats not what i was saying. i was saying if you dont like something then say fuck it and go in a different lane its simple as that. sitting around comparing now to 90s isnt gonna do nothing but make you look old and bitter. they didnt have social media, androids, iphones in the 90s either. same shit was going on in the 90s as it is today. only difference now we live in a reality show based world meaning everything gets exposed in a single swipe of a phone.

at the end of the day who are you to say if something is ok or not you not gonna change anything bc youre just a average person without a real voice or any influence to others in the urban culture. you not about that life or ever lived it. but you never stood in a hood besides riding thru one so why are you so super worried about it.

we live in a follow celebrity world theres some like us that dont do everything celebs or the next man do but guess what theres way more in the world that are easily influenced and follow anything thats hot at the moment.

only god can judge or someone with a voice to brainwash can lead majority in certain directions. so no matter what you say on here you not gonna change shit. so its gonna be what its gonna be take it for what it is or just quit embracing the urban culture and go listen to some rock or country. this thread went from jay-z new album to you rambling about other shit that you have no control over that will never change and just get worse as the years go by.

If you pay close attention the game just changed again its going into a new era. trap music basically dying out now for rachet & twerk music.

Last edited:
Props: Rasan
Feb 8, 2003
Lmfao @ the R Kelly diss on BBC. Plenty of y'all won't catch it. That being said,dood is hit n miss on this project. I mean, who doesn't love a pimp-c quote like that? I just had a bitch strip nekkid once one of these songs came on. there's like 6 songs on here im like wtf tho.
he subliminally dissed Lil wayne on the album too.

Feb 8, 2003
charlamagne was on his best behavior. probably didnt wanna get fired again. as a matter of fact, dude has really been chill lately. probably got a warning or 2. because dude is vicious.

yep i noticed that its bc breakfast club being sponsered by some big money now and charlamange signed to mtv now too getting that mtv money and he wants his own late night talk show. so he said on that Wale interview he not gonna fuck it up with them white folks in the office lol.

he be doing all his artist dissing though on them dj vlad and late night creep interviews on youtube. he was going in on drake for making that no new friend song lol.

Last edited:

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
lol bc breakfast club being sponered by some big money now and charlamange signed to mtv now too getting that mtv money and he wants his own late night talk show. so he said on that Wale interview he not gonna fuck it up with them white folks in the office lol.

he be doing all his artist dissing though on them dj vlad and late night creep interviews on youtube. he was going in on drake for making that no new friend song lol.
this is true. he is himself on dj vlad. i need to find that drake shit tho. dude is a beast. lmao
he smart tho. i'm sure wendy williams talk to him and told him to chill as well.

Props: Darkshowdown
Feb 8, 2003
this is true. he is himself on dj vlad. i need to find that drake shit tho. dude is a beast. lmao
he smart tho. i'm sure wendy williams talk to him and told him to chill as well.
lol he was sneaking it in on jay though about the illuminati chain he wearing and jay laughed it off.

Ludacris was on there this morning in a interview. charlamagne said that nigga looked like lionnel ritchie son lol