Killer: 18,000 first week

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
yep. everytime i wait and hope 1 of the 2 or both change to see him spread but it never happens, reason i'm venting now is because this might be his last one and he blew it yet again with making the push needed to be a star. he got so close with everready i thought he would for sure pull out the stops here. maybe it's too early and he'll start late or some shit. if not then oh well i'll always listen lol

May 6, 2007
Thats what happens with no single, video, or promotion.

So much for hittin that million.

982,000 more... Lets all go buy em and make sure tell ya friends to pick up 10copies too:ermm:
Im pretty sure the article about tech reaching 1 million is total sales from Anghellic, AP, Vintage Tech, Everready, mlk, and killer

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
This is a topic I haven't wanted to touch for a long time because I think it's so personal to all the people involved, but..

I have honesty thought the problem was Strange Music all these years. Whether it's Tech or Travis or a combination of the two, there is clearly no one there who is willing to do what it takes to get to the next level. And that's fine for us. Tech makes great music. I actually think Killer is a great album and I'd rather hear Tech rapping about his struggles than flying all over the world, drinking champagne and all the bullshit that mainstream rappers rap about now..

But like Krazee said.. Tech wants to be the best and as far as I'm concerned he's up there, but he isn't recognized in his industry as such. So something has to change if that's going to happen. Travis is a good dude. I've met him in the past and I think he genuinely cares about Tech and his success, but for whatever reason they're not able to get where they want to go..

I think it's a mistake to think that leaving the recipe the same will produce different results..

My 2 cents. No offense intended..

Nov 7, 2006
^^^^it's all stubbornness my friend. see i never could really put a finger on it either until i realised that they want the game to bend to them when in reality it never EVER works that way and never has. i'm not saying go out and change what u rap about or nothing but theres steps that can easily be made and cause of stubbornness it wont happen and for me thats cool cause i'm happy with how there music sounds and can care less about the buisness side, but i'm sure they do and judging by the lyrics in Killer tech pissed about it and doesnt realize whats holding him back is himself, not the game.

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
tech pissed about it and doesnt realize whats holding him back is himself, not the game.
I'm the same way. I want the world to work on my terms and it will and won't. But I disagree with what you said above. At the end of the day, Tech is an artist. Yeah he owns the label too, but Travis is a businessman. He doesn't make music. His job is to make sure the label is succeeding financially and is as successful as possible..

That obviously isn't happening and it's not Tech. Tech makes great music, but like you said earlier, the formula that they have isn't taking them where they want to go..

Like I said, I don't think they either know what it takes to go to the next level or when it comes down to it.. they just aren't willing to do it..

The only thing I hope to accomplish by saying this is that Tech realizes that things don't change on their own. If the structure of your company, the style of your music, your promotional tactics and your image remain the same, what is the catalyst for change?

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
And I realize this shit is none of my business. I bought the album and I love it. It's just hard to listen to someone pour our their heart on an album and obviously want to achieve something that is seemingly impossible and not state your opinion as to why that's happening..

I mean no disrespect. I just admire Tech's ability to speak from his heart and I threw my 2 cents in. I'm not in the music business and know nothing about it..

Nov 7, 2006
^^^^when i say it's tech i mean the image part, i have no idea how involved tech is on the buisness side of things. it's late where i'm at so i'm out. hopefully i come back on here tomorrow night with some interesting POV's. and yeah it's none of our buisness but atleast it shows strange we actually care about them and there not just flavor of the weeks to fans like us.

Feb 12, 2006
Everyone has their own points. I'd like to think there is going to be some major pushing for all the strange albums with the upcoming tours. It's not just about Tech its about strange as a whole, I beleive once after Kutt's album is out and there is this supposed all strange tour things will change. Hopefully they workin on something to expose everyone. Everyone talking how there is no video, maybe they're working on one right now, who knows? Strange is very successful for being independent just not as successful as they SHOULD be. I'm not losing hope and keep tryin to get new listeners everyday.

kevp

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2004
just cause nobody else seems to know math and saying this shit flopped...

if 68% of total sales so far COUNTED is 18,000...

he's right at 30k...

18,000 = 68% of 30,000

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
shouldnt we have official numbers by now?
I don't think all the reporting is done until late Tuesdays, and I believe Soundscan releases the info on Wednesday... or something like that.

doesnt each album sale count as 2 sence its a double disc?
Seems every three days, someone is asking this. Once again, the "Multiple Disc" 'rule' only applies to RIAA Certification. Soundscan goes on sales, if you go buy Killer in the store, they ring it up once, no? Thus, it counts as one sale.

Now, with the RIAA Certification, it normally takes 500,000 copies for Gold Certification. With the "Multiple Disc" 'rule' which Killer falls under, it would only have to sell (technically, "ship") only 250,000 for Gold Certification, but it will still have only done 250,000 sales.

Dec 14, 2005
The album will sell steadily for a long while I believe... All his touring makes sure of that. But.. we need a video. A professional "looking" video that has nothing to do with prozac. The more I think about it, Like Yeah should be the first single... because it has a great beat, catcy chorus, and Tech rips it up. Hit em with a banger (Like Yeah) first and then drop One Good Time. If both of these videos were good quality.. then theres no way Tech doesnt blow up. People will notice how fucking hard Like Yeah is and how meaningful and well written One Good Time is. If that doesnt work... then I guess its MLK2 FEATURING: Lil Wayne, Kanye West, AND T PAIN!

Jan 18, 2006
How is touring going to help? I would imagine most of the people at his shows own/have heard it.... if he went on tour opening for a big hiphop act it would draw new fans

Aug 30, 2002
77.12 % and 22,256 sold..expect between 28-40,000 sold sometimes the last update has the biggest jump in numbers when its all over so u never know. didn't senerio say they already sold 70,000 (35,000 actual cds) after 2 or 3 days in a diff thread??? in that case he should def be in the 40-45 range like the prediction was..

EDIT: FINAL numbers as i wrote that.. 32,625

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
FINAL number: 32,625
- 14 on the charts
- will be #1 on the indie charts
- 4th highest debut behind G-Unit, John Mayer and Alkaline Trio.
- outsold some big names. Sold well over half of what the new Jim Jones & Byrdgang album did...and Jim Jones was on 106 & Park last week hyping that up. Imagine if Tech had that exposure. Jim Jones last album was #1 on the indie charts when it debuted and Everready was #2

Does anyone know if the 33,000 for The Tempest was rounded up? We should probably know for sure before anyone goes jizzing on their cat.

ps. fucking christ @ Lil Wayne