Killer: 18,000 first week

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 25, 2006
people really thought itd go platinum? Why are people all of a sudden (or maybe they always thought that) other rappers can do plat so easily just because Wayne did it?
Who the hell said they thought it was easy because Wayne did it? All that person did was compare Tech's sales to his, and included good points about why Tech never even reached close to those numbers (not including all of Wayne's dickriding fans as a reason though).

Jul 1, 2004
people really thought itd go platinum? Why are people all of a sudden (or maybe they always thought that) other rappers can do plat so easily just because Wayne did it? Even with tons of promotion, they doesnt mean ur gonna sell even close to that many. Why did Wayne so well, you ask? Hands down, people that dont buy rap albums (and probably didnt buy it.) Heres how it went down

Mom walks into Target/Bestbuy whatever the fuck-

"Oh, that lil wayne guy! joey absolutely ADORES that "lollipop" track!

Your average buyer isnt gonna cop a tech n9ne album. I wish they would, but they dont.
real talk!

But it would also help tech out if they had a video so the little joey could ADORE that Like Yeah song

EDIT- I wasnt comparing techs sales to waynes or even comparing his skill to lil wayne. I just meant the leak of Waynes album didnt hurt his sales so it shouldnt affect tech n9nes all that much

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Who the hell said they thought it was easy because Wayne did it? All that person did was compare Tech's sales to his, and included good points about why Tech never even reached close to those numbers (not including all of Wayne's dickriding fans as a reason though).
because MAYBE, just MAYBE, if u compare yourself or your favorite rapper, to someone like Lil Wayne, you've already lost before you've started. I dont even wanna hear Wayne and Tech mentioned in the same sentence. Its like being XFL team owner and wanting to be Jerry Jones or Al Davis.

d2v

Sicc OG
Sep 18, 2006
I know... The leak didnt stop lil wayne from sellin a million. His shit leaked a month early too.

I mean it couldnt be the lack of promotion and no video or anything. I mean shit Weezy's lolipop was on mtv and shit all the time for a month and a half before the album dropped. now killers been out a week and still no word on a video.
Actually weezy kept pushing his release date back because it kept getting leaked so he had to keep making new songs for it

Jan 30, 2007
I cant for the life of me understand the trend of comparing #'s to Wayne since he dropped his last album.Wayne is commercial and Tech aint.I hear Weezys shit every time i turn on the fuckin radio and aint bought anything he's been featured on.I've only ever purchased Angehellic by Tech but just based on his lyrical flow from what ive heard...WHO GIVES A FUCK! Tech shits on Weezy it aint about #'s...

Mar 13, 2006
people really thought itd go platinum? Why are people all of a sudden (or maybe they always thought that) other rappers can do plat so easily just because Wayne did it? Even with tons of promotion, they doesnt mean ur gonna sell even close to that many. Why did Wayne so well, you ask? Hands down, people that dont buy rap albums (and probably didnt download it.) bought it. Heres how it went down

Mom walks into Target/Bestbuy whatever the fuck-

"Oh, that lil wayne guy! joey absolutely ADORES that "lollipop" track!

Your average buyer isnt gonna cop a tech n9ne album. I wish they would, but they dont.
I think it's all about being catchy, I understand that having a catchy song doesn't equate into good music, but it does equate into higher sales.

I don't like Lil Wayne that much or at all, but Lollipop was a catchy tune, I liked it somewhat. If strange would've put out a catchy single like Wheaties or something like, I bet sales would be a lot better. Tech Probably won't come close to going to gold.

Jul 1, 2004
I cant for the life of me understand the trend of comparing #'s to Wayne since he dropped his last album.Wayne is commercial and Tech aint.I hear Weezys shit every time i turn on the fuckin radio and aint bought anything he's been featured on.I've only ever purchased Angehellic by Tech but just based on his lyrical flow from what ive heard...WHO GIVES A FUCK! Tech shits on Weezy it aint about #'s...
It is about numbers when your tryin to make it BIG. thats the most retarded statement of the day. If they didnt care about their numbers they wouldnt be reminding people to go buy a few copies and also tell everybody you know. and like i stated before if you can read much...the leak didnt affect lil waynes sales so the leak shouldnt hurt techs. The reason i say that is because theres no promotion for this album and i dont want to hear them blame it on the leak.

Jan 30, 2007
It is about numbers when your tryin to make it BIG. thats the most retarded statement of the day. If they didnt care about their numbers they wouldnt be reminding people to go buy a few copies and also tell everybody you know. and like i stated before if you can read much...the leak didnt affect lil waynes sales so the leak shouldnt hurt techs. The reason i say that is because theres no promotion for this album and i dont want to hear them blame it on the leak.
Yeah clown i "read much" i was makin a point that comparin a platinum rapper to Tech is comparing apples to fuckin oranges...(there is no comparison).Tech aint never gonna make it big as much as y'all wanna pretend.And like i was sayin i bump Tech over Wayne but face facts he aint ever gonna be platinum status.I hear the same argument every time Tech releases an album.He's always gonna be underground at best and u should be happy with that.U wanna see him sell the fuck out and put out some weak shit?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
You guys are missing the point-If tech or any label he associates himself with tried to go for numbers, and had Lil Wayne mind at ALL, or a mainstream artist like that, then he wouldnt be Tech.

Nov 7, 2006
those numbers are a reflect on what happens when ur stubborn i guess. tech could make it HUGE if he signed with someone else but he wants to stay indie and do it which will NEVER happen. then he ruins his image for the average listener with bringing prozak and GP in the mix. and aint tech growing a red afro? maybe if he just stayed OG and never died shit red and LOOKED satanic then he wouldnt have this problem. ppl say it would be selling out but maybe the red hair was selling out and trying to find a gimick. all i'm saying is ppl shouldnt expect BIG #s from a guy who paints his face and is known for having red spikes in his hair. thats all.

Jul 1, 2004
Yeah clown i "read much" i was makin a point that comparin a platinum rapper to Tech is comparing apples to fuckin oranges...(there is no comparison).Tech aint never gonna make it big as much as y'all wanna pretend.And like i was sayin i bump Tech over Wayne but face facts he aint ever gonna be platinum status.I hear the same argument every time Tech releases an album.He's always gonna be underground at best and u should be happy with that.U wanna see him sell the fuck out and put out some weak shit?
naw man you got it twisted im one of the few on this board that said tech wouldnt even out sell ICP's new shit. I knew this album wouldnt outsell icp LET ALONE lil wayne. Check the poll on the Will Tech Outsell ICP thread.

Jun 13, 2005
those numbers are a reflect on what happens when ur stubborn i guess. tech could make it HUGE if he signed with someone else but he wants to stay indie and do it which will NEVER happen. then he ruins his image for the average listener with bringing prozak and GP in the mix. and aint tech growing a red afro? maybe if he just stayed OG and never died shit red and LOOKED satanic then he wouldnt have this problem. ppl say it would be selling out but maybe the red hair was selling out and trying to find a gimick. all i'm saying is ppl shouldnt expect BIG #s from a guy who paints his face and is known for having red spikes in his hair. thats all.
I agree with you for the most part, but i don't think the painting of the face is that big a deal, it adds an extra oomf (how ever it's spelled) to his concerts, and people generaly don't have that big a problem with that, but who he is associated with is the biggest problem he's got right now, i don't think half the people who i handed out cd samplers for the tech/prozak cd even listened to it cuz of quote, "the crazy fuckin' white dude" on the front of it. sad maybe tech will learn at some point...

Sep 17, 2003

VERY WELL SAID. :cool:

Nov 7, 2006
^^^^yeah and being in a straightjacket on the front cover doesnt help AT ALL. i mean what the fuck that have to do with anything anyway? see i dont mind any of this but i can see beyond it even thought it's dumb. not alot of ppl can and if shit looks like ur crazy for picking it up then ppl wont trust me. i've seen ppl look at it and be like WTF?!?!? and put it right down and i've seen ppl come up to me with the immortal technique cd not knowing nothing and checking it out cause it was a new rap cd and it looked presentable. but hey tech wants to do big in his own stubborn way then best luck to ya and hope you. but i highly doubt it's possible specially with how music is nowadays

Sep 17, 2003
^^^^yeah and being in a straightjacket on the front cover doesnt help AT ALL. i mean what the fuck that have to do with anything anyway? see i dont mind any of this but i can see beyond it even thought it's dumb. not alot of ppl can and if shit looks like ur crazy for picking it up then ppl wont.

You and I think a lot alike, man. I really didn't have a problem with the straight jacket, though, because I can tell myself it's a way of him making fun of Michael Jackson (even though it isn't). I had a problem with the cover concept in the first place, because I thought he was just ripping it off, and people would just laugh at that. Then, I thought it might actually help to sell albums because it's just different/unique.

As Tech said in a few songs on Killer, it appears that he just doesn't care what other people think of him anymore. Which is okay, but I think as an artist, you can't be afraid of negative feedback.

"Odd one Tech... Looks like it's back; the God Complex."

Nov 7, 2006
You and I think a lot alike, man. I really didn't have a problem with the straight jacket, though, because I can tell myself it's a way of him making fun of Michael Jackson (even though it isn't). I had a problem with the cover concept in the first place, because I thought he was just ripping it off, and people would just laugh at that. Then, I thought it might actually help to sell albums because it's just different/unique.

As Tech said in a few songs on Killer, it appears that he just doesn't care what other people think of him anymore. Which is okay, but I think as an artist, you can't be afraid of negative feedback.

"Odd one Tech... Looks like it's back; the God Complex."
see i personally have no problem with anything he has done at all. but i deal with the average Rap listener daily and they care ALOT about image. if it looks good they'll take a chance and if it looks bad they wont. these are the issues tech will have being indie and refusing to pay for play. no1 will hear him and then they base off image and tech's image isnt so good. and yeah tech says he's doesnt care what ppl think and has had it, well if this is the case then why push for sales? why ask ur fans to buy 10 cd's? tech cares alot and he should since it's his job and who wouldnt want to be there best at there job. i dunno man maybe strange should open there eyes and realize what there doing will not help make tech have the sales they want him to have and something needs to change. if he wants to keep his unique image then start pushing a quality music video and a single. it will cost but if done correctly the money will come back x10. instead so far he has done all the negative things to do and has expectations that will never reach past them. GODAMN I'M WRITING ALOT TODAY lol