Jim Harbaugh

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2002
This might be my first ever post in the Siccness Sports Board, but I'm a big UofMichigan fan (I live 2 blocks from the stadium) and with our big head coach search going on figured I'd drop in and see if the 49er fans know anything about that Harbaugh meeting that happened yesterday.....

Who is the 49er top pick ? Is it Harbaugh ? It definitely is for Michigan fans.....

PIMPERONI!! Lord of the Minidisc!! How you been bro!

Jan 2, 2004
To me, if Harbaugh ain't available, Brady Hoke is by far the best candidate for the Michigan job.

Les Miles is a joke. And I think this college needs someone with ties to the program to pull things together.. People bring up his record, but Jim Harbaugh's record in D-1 football before this season was below .500 as well. So that is of no worry to me.. Hoke has took both Ball State and San Diego State to bowl victories including a 12-1 season at Ball State his final year. And this year, his second year a SD St, almost beats TCU and finishes 9-3 and with a good bowl win.

Hoke would be a damn good hire for this team. Miles, I would not want at all. I don't want a coach who throws his own players under the bus because he makes coaching mistakes, and he makes way too many coaching mistakes.

Apr 10, 2006
Harbaugh watch 2011. This shit is nuts for 9ers fans. If the niners dont get him because they got outbid then fine. Paying too much for a coach who has yet to win a NFL game is ridiculous.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Harbaugh seems like a greedy bitch. Michigan should've kept rodriguez it seemed like his offense was finally starting to take shape. But what the fuck do I know? I just make Doilies.

Apr 25, 2002
To me, if Harbaugh ain't available, Brady Hoke is by far the best candidate for the Michigan job.

Les Miles is a joke. And I think this college needs someone with ties to the program to pull things together.. People bring up his record, but Jim Harbaugh's record in D-1 football before this season was below .500 as well. So that is of no worry to me.. Hoke has took both Ball State and San Diego State to bowl victories including a 12-1 season at Ball State his final year. And this year, his second year a SD St, almost beats TCU and finishes 9-3 and with a good bowl win.

Hoke would be a damn good hire for this team. Miles, I would not want at all. I don't want a coach who throws his own players under the bus because he makes coaching mistakes, and he makes way too many coaching mistakes.
You're from Michigan AND a bay area rap fan ? Where do you live man ??

About Hoke though, I'm not sure I agree. Unless we get Harbaugh, I believe we should have kept Rich Rodriguez. He's a really good guy and a heck of a coach. Now we have to go through another rebuilding session and it'll be with a coach we didn't really want..... it's 100% clear Dave Brandon fired RR thinking he had Harbaugh. Once we lost recruits (Dee Hart) D. Brandon couldn't keep RR.... seems like a mess to me!

Jun 1, 2002
Ha! I was wondering if I would recognize any names.... man it's been YEARS! I've been good. How about you ? Are you still doing the music thing ? If so, post some links :siccness:
I'll PM you some stuff bro.

I was dying the other day thinking about when you said that gizmo looked like he had a job stomping trash at the dump.

ahh.. good times...

Apr 25, 2002
I'll PM you some stuff bro.

I was dying the other day thinking about when you said that gizmo looked like he had a job stomping trash at the dump.

ahh.. good times...
Man is that guy still around too ? I see there's a producer named "Cozmo" and a few of the guys I talk to have worked with him..... I was honestly thinking, "man that's the dude that was claiming to be the next big thing, I guess he did it".... but it's GIZmo, eh ? haha I can say I'm a lot more mature now than I was then, but it's refreshing to hear that all comments were taken with a grain of salt. It was just too funny to see B.A.R.T. transform from a tight nit community of bay rap fans to a message board half filled with CEO's and rappers :) Nothing personal!

Jan 2, 2004
You're from Michigan AND a bay area rap fan ? Where do you live man ??

About Hoke though, I'm not sure I agree. Unless we get Harbaugh, I believe we should have kept Rich Rodriguez. He's a really good guy and a heck of a coach. Now we have to go through another rebuilding session and it'll be with a coach we didn't really want..... it's 100% clear Dave Brandon fired RR thinking he had Harbaugh. Once we lost recruits (Dee Hart) D. Brandon couldn't keep RR.... seems like a mess to me!
I live in Clinton Twp.. But on the Rich thing, I wouldn't have argued if they gave him a fourth year. But I don't think they would have improved, and you'd be a year behind on rebuilding. His defense has gotten worse every year since he took the job. And he's been hard headed and continued to run a 3-3-5 in the big ten even though it clearly doesn't work.

The offense wouldve improved, but with the conference getting tougher, and the defense only moderately improving, if that, they wouldve probably had around the same record. And 0-6 vs MSU and OSU is pretty damning to your future. I don't remember ever losing 3 straight to Michigan State.

So, I think they felt, no matter what, whether this season, or after next offseason, they were gonna have to rebuild and they might as well start the process now to make it a year sooner that we can have a truly competitive team again. Plus RRod was never a Dave Brandon guy.

I'm still hoping Hoke gets the job. Because he has shown the ability to make teams better in past coaching jobs, while Miles just plateaus them where they currently are..

Jun 1, 2002
Man is that guy still around too ? I see there's a producer named "Cozmo" and a few of the guys I talk to have worked with him..... I was honestly thinking, "man that's the dude that was claiming to be the next big thing, I guess he did it".... but it's GIZmo, eh ? haha I can say I'm a lot more mature now than I was then, but it's refreshing to hear that all comments were taken with a grain of salt. It was just too funny to see B.A.R.T. transform from a tight nit community of bay rap fans to a message board half filled with CEO's and rappers :) Nothing personal!
hhahah.. The funny thing about that is Cozmo is our homie too. We all know eachother. I grew up with Coz.

Gizmo is good.. still in Sac.. raising his kids and being a good dude.

Apr 25, 2002
I live in Clinton Twp.. But on the Rich thing, I wouldn't have argued if they gave him a fourth year. But I don't think they would have improved, and you'd be a year behind on rebuilding. His defense has gotten worse every year since he took the job. And he's been hard headed and continued to run a 3-3-5 in the big ten even though it clearly doesn't work.

The offense wouldve improved, but with the conference getting tougher, and the defense only moderately improving, if that, they wouldve probably had around the same record. And 0-6 vs MSU and OSU is pretty damning to your future. I don't remember ever losing 3 straight to Michigan State.

So, I think they felt, no matter what, whether this season, or after next offseason, they were gonna have to rebuild and they might as well start the process now to make it a year sooner that we can have a truly competitive team again. Plus RRod was never a Dave Brandon guy.

I'm still hoping Hoke gets the job. Because he has shown the ability to make teams better in past coaching jobs, while Miles just plateaus them where they currently are..
Clinton Township ? Man, that's not too far from Ann Arbor. You're the closest person I've ever seen on B.A.R.T..... how long have you been a bay rap fan ? I've been on these boards since I believe 1996-1997(ish)...

As for RR's defense you have to be kidding me. I don't want to stick up for him too much, but if you go back to this time last year he thought Donovan Warren (NFL) and Troy Woolfolk were going to be in his secondary. At the start of the season he thought he was going to have JT Floyd (season ending injury), Troy woolfolk (season ending injury), JT Turner (5 star recruit), Vlad "The Impaler" Emilien (transfer), etc etc...... we had ALL freshmen in the secondary. That's literally unheard of in Division 1 football. I know, Obi Ezeh didn't pan out and the tackling was lackluster, but one of the best guys on the defensive side of the ball is a WALK ON! (Jordan Kovacs) It's just nuts man.... I would have a hard time blaming Rich Rod for that.

About Hoke: My only beef with him is he has come out and said that the spread offense is like "basketball on grass" and it makes defenses weak because you're going against zone blocking all spring. It makes me VERY concerned about the number of transfers we'd get and the amount of time spent rebuilding going back to a pro style offense. Either way, I think Dave Brandon had a verbal from Harbaugh, then as he was about to fire RR.... realized that he couldn't get Harbaugh, spent a few days milling over his decision (meanwhile losing the #1 running back recruit in the entire country).... then realized he had to fire RR because it wouldn't be fair to have him coach another season...... now we have no coach in sight and will have to SETTLE for a 60yr old Les Miles or Brady Hoke (who has a losing record). They shouldn't have fired RR. That's just my $0.02.