IVERSON traded to PISTONS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
looks like the Nuggest waived Juwan Howard to make room for Mcdyess. also, i read this.

"
Antonio McDyess has been traded to the Nuggets, but is not likely to ever report or play for his new team.

McDyess doesn't want to move and Denver is prepared to buy out his contract, potentially allowing him to re-sign with the Pistons at some point. Get McDyess out of your lineup as soon as possible. Jason Maxiell and Amir Johnson will have some extra value in Detroit in the meantime. "

Dec 22, 2004
I thought there was a Jerry Stackhouse rule on there...Where a player cant be traded and sign back with the team so thats why Dallas didnt trade Stackhouse last year..

Dec 22, 2004
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10887199

Heres an article from Denverpost...They waive Juwan but will resign him and depends on Mcdyess mood (here is a very wierd emotional guy I remember when he resigned with the Nuggs the second time) they are waive Antonio..I hope he wants to stay he we need all the forward depth we can get...Also still have that 10 million trade exception from the Camby trade...

Apr 25, 2002
Welcome home Chauncy for the thrid time! I like this trade, but McDyce should play for free with all the money his hurt ass has stole from Denver

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
This is easily a better trade for Detroit!!! Yall Nuggets fans are trippin!! It was ok for yall, because yall did get Billups who is good, but A.I. is tons better and this is a good ass move by Detroit!! Got Em!!

Jun 27, 2005
This is easily a better trade for Detroit!!! Yall Nuggets fans are trippin!! It was ok for yall, because yall did get Billups who is good, but A.I. is tons better and this is a good ass move by Detroit!! Got Em!!
I think it was good for both teams. Denver instantly gets more competetive with Billups cause he is more of an initiator/distributor and lets his offense come to him. He fixes Denver's problem of having 2 guys who need to be the first option. Detroit gets a clear number 1 option who is also a good defender. McDyess leaving opens up more time for Maxiell as well. An Iverson/Stuckey back court is a little on the small side but is going to be hell for opponents backcourts.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
^^^Agreed!!! Thats the cancer!! No work ethic, no defense and a black hole with the rock!! Got Em!!!

big D

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
The person who made out the best in this deal is Stan Kroenke. Billups puts an additional 1K - 2K fans in the seats each night.

Jan 28, 2005
@YMW: Detroit is supposed to have a bunch of money in 2010, which allows them to go after James, Wade, Bosh, etc...should be interesting.
that's what they're all saying. To get Lebron would be nice, but not really fit the "team work ethic" model the Pistons have had pretty much their whole franchise. However Joe D. seems to want a superstar in Detroit, so its entirely possible he'll put in a generous offer in order to get him.

D. Wade would be cool to have, but with Hamilton already at the #2 spot and Stuckey poised to take over the PG position after this season, it would likely take a trade involving Hamilton to get Wade. And I dont really think that will happen.

Bosh seems (at least to me) to be the most likely of said players to come to Detroit. With Rasheed Wallace contract up next season, it would make the most sense to essentially let Sheed go and pick up Bosh to help fill that void in the post. Chris Bosh + Jason Maxiell under the rim? I like that idea. Both play bigger than they actually are and would cause huge problems for guys like Gasol, Garnett, Brand, Howard etc.