I like Dennis Allen already....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
I am still a little confused with the McKenzie hire. I expected our GM to be better spoken but will take results over speech so whatever. Dennis Allen is well spoken and seems to have an energy about him that I think is a tangible all good head coaches have. Anybody else watching the press conference? Any thoughts? The man knows what he wants, all I ask for is competence....

Jun 1, 2002
Yeah - I was impressed too. We will see.

Reggie's speaking ability is a bit lacking but that's not what we hired him for. He's a proven high-level talent evaluator in this league.
That's all that matters.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
reggie is a country boy from tennessee and he talks like one. that has no bearing on his intelligence level at all. dude knows what he's doing, he didn't pick allen out of a hat. allen must have been really impressive in his first interview, seeing as how nobody else reggie interviewed came in for a second one.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
DaveRazzano Dave Razzano
NFL scout for more than 22 yrs,49ers, Rams, Cardinals. Have wrked with 5 Super Bwl teams. NFL Analyst on 95.7 TheGame in S.F.

The more people I talk to who know Dennis Allen are impressed GM McKenzie found this guy. Call him defensive "genius". a young Belichick
the only problem with that, is bellichick didn't do to well when he first started out. didn't he coach the browns and got fired?

Jun 23, 2005
how could you guys compare allen to ANY previous raider coach? thats just plain stupid.

hes a defensive minded coach, the first one here since MADDEN!

i think all you guys think AL (RIP) is still alive, but the show isnt run like it used to be anymore.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW? you guys are the expert on the raiders.

Dec 4, 2006
how could you guys compare allen to ANY previous raider coach? thats just plain stupid.

hes a defensive minded coach, the first one here since MADDEN!

i think all you guys think AL (RIP) is still alive, but the show isnt run like it used to be anymore.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW? you guys are the expert on the raiders.
wasn't Tom Cable a defensive minded coach?

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Only thing i have to say about this hire is Allen has never been a head coach. Not at a high school, a college, a flag team, Canada, Europe no where.... That shit counts... When you have a guy who doesnt speak basic english as your gm and hire a guy who ran the 21st best defense or somewhere in that realm in denver to be your head coach you may be doomed. Your front office i.e. Davis and his cohorts have minimal experience. AND from what im hearing, a lot of the players liked Hue for what ever reason. You guys still have no draft picks to help impact anything in 2012/2013 season.

THE 1 bright light for the raiders is hopefully he can minimize the penalties. If you guys can get the penalties to 90 or less you will make the playoffs... As random and trivial as those little yellow flags are, you missed the playoffs this year because you had over 170 yellow baggies thrown at you..... hopefully you guys grab some free agent help in what ever areas are needed. I dont follow the raiders close enough to know that.

Props: Rossibreath
Dec 4, 2006
I know some of the Raiders players are built for a 3-4 defense...but to those that are 4-3, how hard is it gonna be to transition to 3-4 from 4-3?

I don't know though, Raiders gonna have a tough season ...good luck!

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Im listening to him on 95.7 right now with Tierney and Davis, I like what he has to say, he's actually aware of the problems, and seems concerned with fixing them. Seems like a real intelligent "football-passionate" guy, well spoken, more excited having heard him, than I was after Hue, or Cable, or whoever else. I feel better about going forward with Allen than continuing with Hue.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I know some of the Raiders players are built for a 3-4 defense...but to those that are 4-3, how hard is it gonna be to transition to 3-4 from 4-3?

I don't know though, Raiders gonna have a tough season ...good luck!
Who said we are going to a 3-4??? Unless I missed something, that's nothing more than just rumors. Besides, Allen ran a 4-3 last year in Denver, so if anything it's more likely we'll stick with a 4-3. Although he's worked with both systems, so who knows

anyways, I didn't watch the interview, but listened to part of it on 95.7 on my phone at work. Also, listened to his interview on 95.7 driving home. I liked what I heard, but kinda hard to judge for sure. I'm just in 'wait and see' mode right now.