I like Dennis Allen already....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Isnt that what happened in the NFC west? 49ers got better, nobody else did...?
Yea in a way it kinda did happen like that, but its a different situation in the NFC west. Everyone was pretty much fresh off rebuilding and these last two seasons there hasn't been a clear favorite to take the division. the point I was trying to make though was that I think it would be a little ignorant for me to say, we are only going to get better and everyone in the NFC West will be worse. So we are going from 13-3 to 15-1 easily. Next season I doubt Bradford goes out for the season and that was a huge reason why they regressed, also adding Fisher and Williams will improve their record. The Seahawks are a qb away from being a major threat. They got my two favorite things, a run game and a young and hungry defense who is constantly improving. The cardinals they fucked themselves over, I knew that bum Kolb wouldn't be shit. They need a qb asap. Kolb is just like Matt Flynn in my opinion. Easy to perform when playing with house money, once the keys are handed to them though they break under pressure.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Yea in a way it kinda did happen like that, but its a different situation in the NFC west. Everyone was pretty much fresh off rebuilding and these last two seasons there hasn't been a clear favorite to take the division. the point I was trying to make though was that I think it would be a little ignorant for me to say, we are only going to get better and everyone in the NFC West will be worse. So we are going from 13-3 to 15-1 easily. Next season I doubt Bradford goes out for the season and that was a huge reason why they regressed, also adding Fisher and Williams will improve their record. The Seahawks are a qb away from being a major threat. They got my two favorite things, a run game and a young and hungry defense who is constantly improving. The cardinals they fucked themselves over, I knew that bum Kolb wouldn't be shit. They need a qb asap. Kolb is just like Matt Flynn in my opinion. Easy to perform when playing with house money, once the keys are handed to them though they break under pressure.
I don't think anyone is saying we're a clear cut division winner. I think people are saying we have a very good chance to win the division next season, that's all.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
They're in the same situation as the 49ers in a way. The current qb will have to do until something else better comes a long. In the mean time draft a young qb and build him up.
I think Alex is a respectable QB though. Also, Alex is more of a veteran at this point in his career. Tebow is that young QB. I'm sure Tebow will be the starter, but I still think he sucks. I don't care if the Broncos made the playoffs... I give credit to the Defense, special teams, and Broncos coaching staff, which included, yup... Dennis Allen

Jun 23, 2005
What's the raiders cap situation? They need to add some pieces and we all know there draft situation...
Raiders are usually above or damn near above cap before every season and manage to handle it.

From the rumors at a raider forum, the GM and HC talked to palmer, who dennis allen said will be the starting QB, and they're guessin he might restructure? its just rumors but maybe McKenzie can restructure alot of these big AL contracts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I'm not trippin off the cap situation at all. it has never been an issue. I am concerned about the draft picks though, that's why I think we need to make a big trade... like D-Mac... but that's just my opinon

Jan 12, 2006
Caps problems aren't solved just by making sure you're right under it. Constant cap problems are a major problem because it limits how many of your key free agents you can bring back and also puts a strain on persuading other free agents around the league.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Caps problems aren't solved just by making sure you're right under it. Constant cap problems are a major problem because it limits how many of your key free agents you can bring back and also puts a strain on persuading other free agents around the league.
Yeah, I'm thinking that's something RM will try to get resolved over time. I don't think he's gonna be giving out crazy contracts and overpay guys like Al Davis did. I'm just saying they can work around it this season, and over time it should be normal.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
RAIDERS 2012 OPPONENTS

Home
Denver Broncos - Win
Kansas City Chiefs - Loss
San Diego Chargers - Win
New Orleans Saints - Loss
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Win
Pittsburgh Steelers - Loss
Cleveland Browns - Win
Jacksonville Jaguars - Win

Away
Denver Broncos - Loss
Kansas City Chiefs - Win
San Diego Chargers - Loss
Atlanta Falcons - Loss
Carolina Panthers - Win
Baltimore Ravens - Loss
Cincinnati Bengals - Loss
Miami Dolphins - Loss

7-9 is what i see

Dec 2, 2006
To be comedians....

Dutch, I am only breaking down your response because you covered multiple topics. Not to discredit your opinion. Just wanted to make that clear but I am sure you already know.

Only thing i have to say about this hire is Allen has never been a head coach. Not at a high school, a college, a flag team, Canada, Europe no where.... That shit counts...
It may and it may not. Intelligence and common sense are two things that can make up for any lack thereof, in my opinion. HC's get overwhelmed when they take on too much responsibilty. Allen gets his position from his comments today.

When you have a guy who doesnt speak basic english as your gm and hire a guy who ran the 21st best defense or somewhere in that realm in denver to be your head coach you may be doomed. Your front office i.e. Davis and his cohorts have minimal experience. AND from what im hearing, a lot of the players liked Hue for what ever reason. You guys still have no draft picks to help impact anything in 2012/2013 season.
Reggie's pimpin is going to on full display for everyone real soon. Whether he has it remains to be seen. Your specualtion is warranted, however, some people just "got it" and I hope Allen does as a coach. If Reggie can evaluate talent and bring in football players, his speech competency means nothing.

THE 1 bright light for the raiders is hopefully he can minimize the penalties. If you guys can get the penalties to 90 or less you will make the playoffs... As random and trivial as those little yellow flags are, you missed the playoffs this year because you had over 170 yellow baggies thrown at you..... hopefully you guys grab some free agent help in what ever areas are needed. I dont follow the raiders close enough to know that.
I agree with you here but let me share my theory regarding this.

The Raiders under Al Davis had one way of doing things, his way. The players knew it, the coaches knew it, the media knew it, we all knew it. Consistency comes not only from the players but the organization as well. The Raiders lacked a consistent progam from top to bottom. Who hired the coaches? Who hired the HC's staff? We all know that answer but in the end how can any coach under these circumstances succeed and expect to hold player's accountable for lack of discipline when Al made the decision ultimately on who is playing, etc.? Other than the biased, that is the only logical explanation I can come up with. The players didn't respect their coaches because Al Davis didn't, straight up, hence, the only explanation that makes sense regarding our penalty situation.

My expectations this year are still to be determined based on the staff Allen assembles. Retaining Al Saunders is going to be huge, in my opinion. I liked Hue, however his game managing skills needed to be polished. He was under alot pressure given the circumstances and I will give him that. He didn't truly grasp the HC like I think Allen will. It isn't about egos, it is about winning football games. HC are supposed be game manager's and understand situational football. Their focus during the game needs to be just that. Not calling plays, worrying about personell groupings, etc. You have to let your staff do their job. When has Oakland ever had that? It is new era for sure, but we aren't that far off. This could set us back a few years or be just what the doctored ordered. As fans we all wanted a new DC, we hired a DC as head coach. Allen is going to adress the secondary as he said as much today. I think our talent evaluator had players on the roster that just couldnt compete at the NFL level. Mike Mitchell being one of them. ALthough a safety, he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off and is constantly out of position. We couldn't cover D-2 players the way we looked out there against SD.

In the end, it is good conversation piece. We all have opinions but in the end none of us know. Lets continue to discredit each other's organizations the only way we know how. The Bay way!lol

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
RAIDERS 2012 OPPONENTS

Home
Denver Broncos - Win
San Diego Chargers - Win
Cleveland Browns - Win

Away
Denver Broncos - Loss
Kansas City Chiefs - Win
Atlanta Falcons - Loss
Carolina Panthers - Win
Baltimore Ravens - Loss
Miami Dolphins - Loss

7-9 is what i see
I doubt we split the entire division and I think we can pull out a win against miami or cinci.....at this point I'd say 9-7 but at this point it would be stupid to predict when the superb owl hasn't even happened yet

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I doubt we split the entire division and I think we can pull out a win against miami or cinci.....at this point I'd say 9-7 but at this point it would be stupid to predict when the superb owl hasn't even happened yet

isnt miami the team that destroyed yall tho? lol

a healthy KC is much better than the team they played with, Denver finally clicked after orton left, and Rivers had an off year with damn near every1 there hurt as well. yes raiders had injuries, but with all teams healthy who knows how itll go. there isnt a clear cut winner in the AFC west. Denvers Defense is good enough to win games, KC isnt exactly a pushover, SD will always have a shot with rivers at qb, and Raiders are the raiders lol.

Jan 4, 2003
A HEALTHY RAIDERS SQUAD.. IS BETTER THAN THEN REST OF OUR DIVISION OPPONENTS IMO.. AS LONG AS OUR DEFENSE IS ADDRESSED AND NOT BEING RAN BY IDIOTS LIKE CHUCK B..

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
RAIDERS 2012 OPPONENTS

Home
Denver Broncos - Win
San Diego Chargers - Win
Cleveland Browns - Win

Away
Denver Broncos - Loss
Kansas City Chiefs - Win
Atlanta Falcons - Loss
Carolina Panthers - Win
Baltimore Ravens - Loss
Miami Dolphins - Loss

7-9 is what i see
Thats because youre looking through red and gold colored glasses breh, lol. Thats just as easily a 9 or 10 win season.