I Can Rap For J. Cole

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2008
Good lookin yall! you can vote again manana and man I dont think this shit will be that hard. got some niggas helping out on the social media pages so hopefully this shit goes smooth. Went up 50 spots in one day. See no reason to not go up 13 after tomorrow.

Props: S.SAVAGE
Jul 12, 2002
Good luck with the contest, I clicked yesterday and again today for you. I dig the song you put up, and could see you going places in hip-hop. I don't just throw that out there either.

My only complaint is how your voice sounds like it's giving out on the syllables you accent at the end of every line. Whether it's intentional or not, you should work on not doing it so much. It does make you sound unique but when you do it on every line it makes your voice come off as "weak." That's the best way I can describe it.

Everything else was pretty much on point though, from the beat to your rhymes.

Feb 12, 2008
Good luck with the contest, I clicked yesterday and again today for you. I dig the song you put up, and could see you going places in hip-hop. I don't just throw that out there either.

My only complaint is how your voice sounds like it's giving out on the syllables you accent at the end of every line. Whether it's intentional or not, you should work on not doing it so much. It does make you sound unique but when you do it on every line it makes your voice come off as "weak." That's the best way I can describe it.

Everything else was pretty much on point though, from the beat to your rhymes.
Yo I really love this post. Yea I been woking on that shit because it annoys me too. A big problem is that I have like the worst lungs ever because I got a shit case of asthma but I been playing basketball consistently for the past year and its giving me more breath. And I always hear that about my voice but nobody ever broke it down like that.

Thank you man!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
If I win this contest I can meet J. Cole. And ima spit a verse fpr that nigga in hopes to jump on his radar and really just see if I got the balls to do what I love in front of one of my biggest inspirations.

I KNOW THIS WONT GET ME SIGNED. But shit man when you see an opportunity you just gotta go snatch that shit. Yall can help me win if you just click this link. All you have to do is click and it automatically votes for me.

Help Damien Meet J. Cole!

None of yall know me but shit man I feel like I am one of the few young niggas that rep the Bay the right way and actually got bars to back my shit up. Fuck wit me on this one SICC and bump this thread!!

Percy Brown - Thing Called Life - YouTube

EDIT: Yo yall got me to number 14 in one day. Thats from starting at 64th. Thats only 13 more groupie beezies in front!! Thank you. You can vote again tomorrow!
dropped u off a vote and i will from my other devices too breh.

Jul 12, 2002
Yo I really love this post. Yea I been woking on that shit because it annoys me too. A big problem is that I have like the worst lungs ever because I got a shit case of asthma but I been playing basketball consistently for the past year and its giving me more breath. And I always hear that about my voice but nobody ever broke it down like that.

Thank you man!
You're welcome! I figured you probably weren't doing it on purpose. Have you ever experimented with any "studio tricks" to mask it? There's a great message board called GearSlutz where tons of professional and amateur recording engineers and producers post. You could make a post on there and explain your voice situation with some audio examples and get feedback on different techniques you could use to cover it up.

Unfortunately I don't have much advice on how to physically improve your voice, besides to stop smoking cigs and only smoke weed through vaporizers, bongs, or bubblers. If any of that even applies to you lol.

Props: Mr G