Hue Jackson fired? WTF?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Hue Jackson turned our offense around. He shouldn't have been fired that quick. One year? Chuck B should've been canned not Jackson. Wow, i'm stunned. Al wouldn't have fired him after one season. That's BS.

Feb 12, 2004
LOL at dumbass Hue leaving the Raiders with almost no draft picks too. McKenzie knew this guy was full of shit. Hue was a good oc, bad head coach. Talked way too much, didn't prepare his team, made it about himself and not the team, etc. IMO the Raiders look to be makin some smart moves lately.

Jun 23, 2005
after one year of coaching you can't really call him a bad coach. if it wasn't for the defense collapse in 4 of the last 5 games we would be in the playoffs and hue might still be coaching this year.

i dont necessarily agree with it, but Im not mad either. i would of liked to see how they would of looked with a better defense coordinator. i dont understand how hue was fired before chuck though.

but fuck it, i'd rather them bring on better, proven head coach, not an assistant from GB, which will most likely happen. but whatever the GM wants is best for the team.

Mar 12, 2010
i think it was the end of the year blame game he played instead of sticking himself with the blame he started pointing fingers. he would have lost the respect from the players anyway so the raiders did him a favor.

Feb 12, 2004
IMO I can see the Raiders enter a small rebuilding stage. No draft picks, no cap room. I can see players started to get traded away for draft picks. It only takes a year or two of smart drafts with some smart FA signings to turn a team around. McKenzie wants his own coaches and build his own team with his own philosophy in mind. And most importantly the culture.

Jan 4, 2003
do not like this move at all.. but at least it shows this is Reggies squad and hes doing what a real GM would do.. WHATEVER HE WANTS.. Hue got power hungry obviously.. I can imagine them meeting and Hue talking to Reggie as if he was in charge.. my only concern now is.. how motivated will Palmer be?!

Jun 23, 2005
i hope this doesnt mean a rebuilding stage. i dont think we will get equal value for anyone we trade, not good enough at least to merit 1-3 rd pick. this team isnt far from making the playoffs.